Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
From has a couple unannounced games they are working on. Now that Sekiro is out I'm betting we get an announcement at E3 in a few weeks.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Salvatore wrote the entire setting and lore for Amalur, and he was a full partner in the studio IIRC. I doubt GRRM put anywhere near as much work into this.

Good thing From games' story and lore is 95% figure it out yourself lol

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Salvatore wrote the entire setting and lore for Amalur, and he was a full partner in the studio IIRC. I doubt GRRM put anywhere near as much work into this.

All he did from what I was told was story board a few things and change some names around. That entire game was built by Big Huge Games and 38 bought them from THQ, stamped their IP on it, and while he may have been more heavily involved in the universe itself (Since they were gunning for the MMORPG as well and creating an entire new universal IP) they just used a lot of dev time altering art assets to more closely resemble the MMORPG. Instead of making a game, 38 was more concerned about add on accessories and haven't even proven they could launch a game. (Which we all saw how that turned out)

The game itself was mostly baked and done.

Ironic because THQ at the time didn't think KoA (Was named something else but I cannot remember what BHG's name for the project was at the time of the buy out) was worth a shit and now they own it again.

Oh hey now that shit is on Wiki :)

In 2009, they acquired Big Huge Games as Ken Rolston and his team had already been working on an RPG while Big Huge Games was part of THQ.[4] The studio decided to retool their existing single-player role-playing game (RPG) to be set within the same universe in order to introduce the Amalur MMORPG.[8] 38 Studios shut down in May 2012.[9]

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just assume it takes place in Westeros but even that isn't set in stone. It absolutely will include the familiar houses but beyond that I don't expect it to be that close to it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Hearing it will be announced during Microsoft's E3 show. It is based on norse mythology and will be called Great Rune

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hearing it will be announced during Microsoft's E3 show. It is based on norse mythology and will be called Great Rune

If it's based on Norse Mythology, it is going to rock.

• 1Like

Fedor

<Banned>

eldens_ring.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Ohh man it really is happening FROM world building, Martin's character driven stories motherfucker hell yes

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well that's still a Day one for me. No questions asked.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Fedor

<Banned>

Wilkinson: What genre do you think Elden Ring will fall under?

Miyazaki: It is a third-person action RPG.

Unlike Sekiro, which has a heavy focus on action, Elden Ring puts more focus on RPG elements.

Of course, we are not shying away from the fun of responsive melee-based combat, and these elements will be present as well.

Wilkinson: Do you believe this title will turn out to be a very From-like and challenging game?

Miyazaki: Yes, I do. The importance we place on the joy the player experiences through overcoming challenges will be the same as it is in our other titles. I believe it will prove to be a very satisfying experience.

Earlier I had said that this title focuses more heavily on RPG elements. This title will include a wide variety of weapons, magic, and ways to engage enemies, that make it possible to provide users with a style of gameplay and strategy that suits them.

Even when compared to the Dark Souls series, I believe this title will provide even more variety in the ways for players to overcome challenges and tweak their tactics when facing enemies.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Amod Amod Can we get a title change: Elden Ring - FromSoft & George RR Martin

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider

They really had me at the teaser, but this solidifies it for me as one of my most anticipated games. It's kind of cool that they did Sekiro and this back to back. While Sekiro was not for me in the slightest, they were able to do their balls to the wall action game and this will be more balls to the wall RPG (at least from a character build standpoint). I think in the end, it will have a better payout then trying to marry the two together. Here's hoping they don't try to go all cinematic and keep it mostly environmental though in the story telling department.