Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The Arenas will probably be free just like how they did it in DS2 and DS3(the arenas are free they are just part of the data pack that comes with the DLC)
No Ranni fight we already get her rune sense she shed her empyrean skin shortly after stealing a sliver of death, Ranni's rune split at this point cause of her and Godwynn dieing so close together, and together become the new mark of death on the ring it's self.

Because while yes we do unbind Death from Maliketh(Marika's brother) I believe that a whole new ring is forged when Marika/Radagon and Elden Beast are destroyed, you can see older images of the Elden Ring all over Farum Azula(And there is a nice big one in Mailketh's room that even lights up once death is unbound)

No Underworld , while Miquella would be interesting something about beating a royal family member that has downs syndrome doesn't really excite me..

No Land of Reeds if you want Samurai go play Sekiro, I'd rather see Neuman Lands vs something they've already done.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I reached the gargoyle duo last night. I have a bad feeling that my venture up north, getting overleveled, coming back to smash all the content I missed and hopefully save questlines I missed is about to tell me how badly my git gud got gone. I was tired so I said bye to them after one poke.

Killing the bastard in caelid helped with the move set some. I also have no shame in using summons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, there is no basement rendered under the arenas.

I think the elevators actually go up, to bring people to the stands to watch the PVP instead of participating.

Didn't know that about the center area, figured it was just a great big ocean. If there's a giant empty square there, then yeah, it's probably gonna be DLC. That isn't a ton of space though. A new island there would be roughly...half the size of Caelid? Already a smaller area.

I'm thinking the Land of Reeds is the best candidate for a large-scale DLC of some sort. They could even just save that for Elden Ring 2 and make it a massive place. IMO the Land of Reeds is the most interesting part of Elden Ring's world that isn't actually reachable in the game.

What I'd do:
DLC 1: The center island / new area + Godwyn the Prince of Death / maybe arenas
DLC 2: Underworld expansion into a lot of the unused space + Miquella the Unalloyed / lore development for the Formless Mother
DLC 3: Land of Reeds (off the map entirely, take a boat there) + the Formless Mother

A fight with Ranni somewhere in there to get that last rune could be cool too. DLC 1 I'd have be an island with a small city made of gold. DLC 2 would be whatever underworld ideas can be conjured up. DLC 3 would be far-eastern themed, lots of samurai etc.
Well the center thing could be a big ass tower with a lift down into a huge underground area.

We could even go to the moon I guess. You can see Ranni’s rune etched into it, it’s huge, hard to miss. Luclin expansion!

• 1Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I reached the gargoyle duo last night. I have a bad feeling that my venture up north, getting overleveled, coming back to smash all the content I missed and hopefully save questlines I missed is about to tell me how badly my git gud got gone. I was tired so I said bye to them after one poke.

Killing the bastard in caelid helped with the move set some. I also have no shame in using summons.

Imagine using summons to hold aggro. Just imagine.

• 1Pathetic

Caeden

Imagine using summons to hold aggro. Just imagine.
I don’t have to imagine. I see it often. You can do it too. Let me know and I can send you my newsletter Git Gud Enuff (the Summons get the kill while you panic roll 6 times and hit R1 with no stamina edition)

My neighbor is stuck on fire giant. He bragged about how good he is on Souls games. He’s been stuck off and on for a month now. His radhan kill was at level 110. Used the summons. Took him several hours. There are gradations of scrub. I’m above him on the scrub hierarchy. He knows. I let him know. Hypocritical? Yes. I am a man on the internet playing vidya games. This is our nature.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t have to imagine. I see it often. You can do it too. Let me know and I can send you my newsletter Git Gud Enuff (the Summons get the kill while you panic roll 6 times and hit R1 with no stamina edition)

My neighbor is stuck on fire giant. He bragged about how good he is on Souls games. He’s been stuck off and on for a month now. His radhan kill was at level 110. Used the summons. Took him several hours. There are gradations of scrub. I’m above him on the scrub hierarchy. He knows. I let him know. Hypocritical? Yes. I am a man on the internet playing vidya games. This is our nature.
Man this is probably the easiest souls game and he’s getting stuck. Ask him what his play time was on the previous games lol

Fire giant was so fuckin easy. Killed him on my first attempt, had no idea what he was even doing, I just stood under him and whacked away.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Gargs are fuckers mainly because they have stacked defenses, all immunities, and are chock full of moves that just plain shit on mele. The easy way to kill them is to work them towards the edge and get them to back jump suicide off the cliff. First time I beat them legit, I was packing a fully upgraded MLGS and Mimic Tear and it was still rough.

As far as Git Gud, while I think this is the easiest Souls game so far the trash in this one is way more ridiculous than in any prior souls game and there are some kind of brutal difficulty spike fights that pop up randomly. Twin Gargs is one, for sure. Godskin Duo is like that. Fire Giant, not so much. I am not sure why people have so much trouble with that guy when you really just fight him like any of the tons of other giants you have killed to this point in the game. Stay close, wail on the feet, and watch for the AE stomps. I think I dropped him in two attempts and the only reason I blew the first one was I was trying to get cute with the horse.

Wife and I continue to peck away at the game in our coop playthrough. Cleaned out the entire volcano manner and basically are down to the capitol before we can progress further. Capitol as a team is a lot of fun, but its ganker central with everyone using madness spam. And they all hang around the bosses. I have changed it up a bit by occasionally slotting Hand of Melenia or Blasphemous, since people are spamming step to counter the rampant Rivers of Blood in the PvP world. People see ROB and try to distance spam me, the wife starts machine gunning pebbles, and I quick swap Melenia's and roll catch the assholes. Its a lot harder, compared to the gankers we were running into more recently, but it still works more often than it doesn't. But they really need to do something about the invasion timer. Summoning a pal and getting invaded literally a split second after is just fucking ridiculous, as is letting invasions happen when in mid battle with an overworld boss who is not optional (Erd Tree Knight Pair fucking sucked with invasions).

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
The Gargs are fuckers mainly because they have stacked defenses, all immunities, and are chock full of moves that just plain shit on mele. The easy way to kill them is to work them towards the edge and get them to back jump suicide off the cliff. First time I beat them legit, I was packing a fully upgraded MLGS and Mimic Tear and it was still rough.

As far as Git Gud, while I think this is the easiest Souls game so far the trash in this one is way more ridiculous than in any prior souls game and there are some kind of brutal difficulty spike fights that pop up randomly. Twin Gargs is one, for sure. Godskin Duo is like that. Fire Giant, not so much. I am not sure why people have so much trouble with that guy when you really just fight him like any of the tons of other giants you have killed to this point in the game. Stay close, wail on the feet, and watch for the AE stomps. I think I dropped him in two attempts and the only reason I blew the first one was I was trying to get cute with the horse.

Wife and I continue to peck away at the game in our coop playthrough. Cleaned out the entire volcano manner and basically are down to the capitol before we can progress further. Capitol as a team is a lot of fun, but its ganker central with everyone using madness spam. And they all hang around the bosses. I have changed it up a bit by occasionally slotting Hand of Melenia or Blasphemous, since people are spamming step to counter the rampant Rivers of Blood in the PvP world. People see ROB and try to distance spam me, the wife starts machine gunning pebbles, and I quick swap Melenia's and roll catch the assholes. Its a lot harder, compared to the gankers we were running into more recently, but it still works more often than it doesn't. But they really need to do something about the invasion timer. Summoning a pal and getting invaded literally a split second after is just fucking ridiculous, as is letting invasions happen when in mid battle with an overworld boss who is not optional (Erd Tree Knight Pair fucking sucked with invasions).

Fire Giant just does a fuckton of damage with every little attack, WAY more relative to the trolls. I think he's where people who haven't pumped enough VIT end up getting their shit pushed in.

• 1Like

Caeden

I’m gonna poke the Gargs tonight. I have a +5 Lhutel and a + 7 moonveil. I beat the alone bastard in dragonbarrow fairly easily last weekend after upgrading my wep.

the other asshole that keeps beating me is the bell bearing hunter in caelid. Fuck him.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Maybe, but all of his attacks are blockable or dodgeable, with huge tells, except for the point blank fire AE thing and maybe his snow shovel attack. The shovel attack is still blockable and he does not do it if you stick close. The fire AE has to be avoided, but its a slow windup. I just can't fathom how someone who has gotten past Morgott, Mogh, and Rykard having any issues with this guy. But I guess you might be right if theres a lot of low VIT spam flask people face tanking out there.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m gonna poke the Gargs tonight. I have a +5 Lhutel and a + 7 moonveil. I beat the alone bastard in dragonbarrow fairly easily last weekend after upgrading my wep.

the other asshole that keeps beating me is the bell bearing hunter in caelid. Fuck him.
The laser beam from the sword of Dark and Flame is much better than Moonviel for that fight, but ultimately if you are not gimping them a fast weapon with reach is probably ideal. I am a big fan of the Tree Spear for this fight.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe, but all of his attacks are blockable or dodgeable, with huge tells, except for the point blank fire AE thing and maybe his snow shovel attack. The shovel attack is still blockable and he does not do it if you stick close. The fire AE has to be avoided, but its a slow windup. I just can't fathom how someone who has gotten past Morgott, Mogh, and Rykard having any issues with this guy. But I guess you might be right if theres a lot of low VIT spam flask people face tanking out there.

If you're stuck in the mindset that you need to keep distance, I can see why they would struggle. Margit/Bell bearing hunter are another fight that punish you if you dodge backwards instead of forwards/sideways

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

The laser beam from the sword of Dark and Flame is much better than Moonviel for that fight, but ultimately if you are not gimping them a fast weapon with reach is probably ideal. I am a big fan of the Tree Spear for this fight.
I could probably do that as an int build.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Haligtree area is way more rough as a level 1, Im at the spot where you have to light the torches in that Liturgical Town or whatever, pretty sure my main playthrough I had the torch that let me see those bastards, cuz this time I keep getting ganked from behind and one-shot.

Fuckers are getting me more frustrated than any boss so far, guess I'm going to look up where to get that torch or whatever.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The Gargs was one the most frustrating fights in the whole game for me only because one of them would drop that damn poison breath non-stop when I was going in or was in the middle of engaging the other.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Man this is probably the easiest souls game and he’s getting stuck. Ask him what his play time was on the previous games lol

Fire giant was so fuckin easy. Killed him on my first attempt, had no idea what he was even doing, I just stood under him and whacked away.

Yeah don't really get all the issues with Fire Giant.

Have gone through full giant hammer strength, sorcerer, fast dex weapons and had issues with different bosses on different builds, but Fire Giant has always been a 1 or 2 shot

• 1Solidarity

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Finally got passed it to the root area, thank god they save once you light them.....the last one I had to try like 20 times just to make it across the roof dodging two archers, and then killing the one by the ladder to climb up and light it.

I would have cried if it didnt complete and I had to light the others!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Finally got passed it to the root area, thank god they save once you light them.....the last one I had to try like 20 times just to make it across the roof dodging two archers, and then killing the one by the ladder to climb up and light it.

I would have cried if it didnt complete and I had to light the others!

I cheesed that area hard. Bow, arrows and chimneys. Sprinted like mad at the ground to avoid the stabbies then at the ladder up to the place where you need to drop down and run over the roofs, you can see all the archers. I just stood there and shot them ducking behind the chimney for return fires.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I cheesed that area hard. Bow, arrows and chimneys. Sprinted like mad at the ground to avoid the stabbies then at the ladder up to the place where you need to drop down and run over the roofs, you can see all the archers. I just stood there and shot them ducking behind the chimney for return fires.

I probably should have used a bow, didnt even think about it, pretty sure I have one I can equip too, oh well.

Caeden

for someone that’s having to play in spurts, I needed a checklist and notepad on quests. Just about fucked up getting the talisman from Seluvis. I think. I might already have? I hadn’t gone and gotten the amber shit. I have the blade. If I picked it up, is it over? Haven’t turned it in to Ranni.