Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
I think those arenas will stay cut tbh. From Soft likes to do DLC as entirely new levels with new NPCs, items, bosses, and sometimes even quests. These arenas seem too small in scope for one of their DLCs.

The theory is it will be a free content update in a patch, not a DLC.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think those arenas will stay cut tbh. From Soft likes to do DLC as entirely new levels with new NPCs, items, bosses, and sometimes even quests. These arenas seem too small in scope for one of their DLCs.
Like Seananigans Seananigans said it will probably just be free dlc. DS 3 had matchmaking arena pvp, this probably will too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Haven't really had time to play much, but I did get the one half of the Haligtree medallion and killed Omenkiller.

Made it to Castle Sol for the 2nd half but I haven't tried Niall more than once. His minions are easy with parries but pretty sure every one of his attacks 1-shot me, so that will be fun.

My main character parried him so I may go that route, but I'm still not sure. Just trying to put off the Fire Giant as long as possible, will probably start trying to progress this weekend.

Who knows, could be my break point!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
Haven't really had time to play much, but I did get the one half of the Haligtree medallion and killed Omenkiller.

Made it to Castle Sol for the 2nd half but I haven't tried Niall more than once. His minions are easy with parries but pretty sure every one of his attacks 1-shot me, so that will be fun.

My main character parried him so I may go that route, but I'm still not sure. Just trying to put off the Fire Giant as long as possible, will probably start trying to progress this weekend.

Who knows, could be my break point!

Nialls dudes can be branch charmed and completely trivialize it, they wreck him.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Bring on this arena DLC

There are 3 arenas in the game that are all locked, and apparently they're all identical:

Not sure what the point of these places is. A PVP arena would be awesome (especially if it allows lots of players at once) but why have 3 of them? Maybe the idea was that each one would have a different ruleset.

Wonder what was supposed to be in the basements.

As far as potential DLC goes, any other locked/inaccessible zones besides these arenas? Only thing that really jumps to mind at the moment is the area in the middle of the world that's obscured by a big cloud on tha map.

Maybe some of the outskirts of Mountaintop of Giants since it has a ton of unused space along the edges that I assume are just impassable mountain now, but who knows, they could add stuff there. Probably most likely that they'll just add an entirely new area that you warp to, going by other Soulsborne DLCs.

Also, back to the arenas: Not only "why 3" but also "why only 3"? What do Limgrave, Caelid, and the imperial city have in common that the other zones don't?

...I dunno, but it's worth noting that they form a triangle over the inner ocean that's obscured.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There are 3 arenas in the game that are all locked, and apparently they're all identical:

Not sure what the point of these places is. A PVP arena would be awesome (especially if it allows lots of players at once) but why have 3 of them? Maybe the idea was that each one would have a different ruleset.

Wonder what was supposed to be in the basements.

As far as potential DLC goes, any other locked/inaccessible zones besides these arenas? Only thing that really jumps to mind at the moment is the area in the middle of the world that's obscured by a big cloud on tha map.

Maybe some of the outskirts of Mountaintop of Giants since it has a ton of unused space along the edges that I assume are just impassable mountain now, but who knows, they could add stuff there. Probably most likely that they'll just add an entirely new area that you warp to, going by other Soulsborne DLCs.
The center of the map is the only area that is completely removed from the game, it’s basically an empty square/hole when you go there. So I’d guess that will be real, paid DLC Area. There’s a shit ton of room underground they could put all kinds of stuff if they wanted. I haven’t checked if there is any current used area underground at the the same spot as the above ground cloud. There’s other cloud areas they could put new areas in too. I’m guessing the center piece had to just be removed cause it got started on but not finished yet? Idk, it’s just speculation at this point.

Im guessing you’re right about the arenas having different rule sets too. No real reason to have three unless there’s some technical reason to try to load balance the areas. I wouldn’t think that’s necessary with how instancing works but I’m not knowledgeable in how that shit works in games.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yea they could add more underground, or even go deeper under if they wanted.

Also have all the boats on the map, could just end up sailing to somewhere as DLC like could put new islands/cities within any of the clouds on the outer edge.

Plus I still wonder whats up with that big hole thing north of the shaded castle on the map.

Edit: Just remembered The Four Belfries only had 3 portals, could add a 4th in a hidden area in it to a DLC area.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
They are not known for adding more too the world..

It's always a teleport too some other area and time .. probably will be when the dragons were the ruling race, or shortly after the aliens landed *shrug*

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nirgon Nirgon when you getting on this list?

#7 is my favorite but there’s some pretty impressive others

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Well I was able to get Niall down today, turns out I CAN survive a hit from him, but I had the ritual sword talisman equipped and not the shield version. I pretty much could survive everything but the quick foot lightning attack and the super frost move he does.

My main problem was getting far enough away from the huge frost cloud to stay alive in order to dodge the move and start punishing.

I did grab the recording but the fight must've lasted longer than I thought because it only saved the last 2 thirds of it. Oh well I'll still probably upload it at some point.

Now I have access to Haligtree so Ill probably grab some talismans and work my way to Malenia just to get the site of grace, then finally go for Fire Giant to unlock the last set of bosses. I still have to take on Radahn too, but with my weapon levels(+18) it shouldn't be too bad.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
Well I was able to get Niall down today, turns out I CAN survive a hit from him, but I had the ritual sword talisman equipped and not the shield version. I pretty much could survive everything but the quick foot lightning attack and the super frost move he does.

My main problem was getting far enough away from the huge frost cloud to stay alive in order to dodge the move and start punishing.

I did grab the recording but the fight must've lasted longer than I thought because it only saved the last 2 thirds of it. Oh well I'll still probably upload it at some point.

Now I have access to Haligtree so Ill probably grab some talismans and work my way to Malenia just to get the site of grace, then finally go for Fire Giant to unlock the last set of bosses. I still have to take on Radahn too, but with my weapon levels(+18) it shouldn't be too bad.

This is your RL1 play thru?

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
This is your RL1 play thru?

Yessir, after 170 hours of my initial wretch Playthrough I didn't want it to end....

Soreseal / ritual sword / ritual shield / dragoncrest greatshield with two curved swords (frost and bleed affinities) both + 18 I believe.

The fight was pretty sloppy but it wasn't hard to sneak a heal in each time I messed up a parry and took 75%, damage. The good thing about being level 1 is a single flask always tops me off. I'll upload the tail end of the fight, pretty sure it starts around him at 70% or so.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Here you go, definitely could've been way better but I'll take it. I kept half parrying where it would work but I'd still take damage. Then, it would take like 2 seconds to be able to critical so it was a shitshow.

Oh well, a win is a win.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Nothing, it probably just had enemies come up through them.

Yeah, there is no basement rendered under the arenas.

I think the elevators actually go up, to bring people to the stands to watch the PVP instead of participating.

The center of the map is the only area that is completely removed from the game, it’s basically an empty square/hole when you go there. So I’d guess that will be real, paid DLC Area. There’s a shit ton of room underground they could put all kinds of stuff if they wanted. I haven’t checked if there is any current used area underground at the the same spot as the above ground cloud. There’s other cloud areas they could put new areas in too. I’m guessing the center piece had to just be removed cause it got started on but not finished yet? Idk, it’s just speculation at this point.

Im guessing you’re right about the arenas having different rule sets too. No real reason to have three unless there’s some technical reason to try to load balance the areas. I wouldn’t think that’s necessary with how instancing works but I’m not knowledgeable in how that shit works in games.

Didn't know that about the center area, figured it was just a great big ocean. If there's a giant empty square there, then yeah, it's probably gonna be DLC. That isn't a ton of space though. A new island there would be roughly...half the size of Caelid? Already a smaller area.

I'm thinking the Land of Reeds is the best candidate for a large-scale DLC of some sort. They could even just save that for Elden Ring 2 and make it a massive place. IMO the Land of Reeds is the most interesting part of Elden Ring's world that isn't actually reachable in the game.

What I'd do:
DLC 1: The center island / new area + Godwyn the Prince of Death / maybe arenas
DLC 2: Underworld expansion into a lot of the unused space + Miquella the Unalloyed / lore development for the Formless Mother
DLC 3: Land of Reeds (off the map entirely, take a boat there) + the Formless Mother

A fight with Ranni somewhere in there to get that last rune could be cool too. DLC 1 I'd have be an island with a small city made of gold. DLC 2 would be whatever underworld ideas can be conjured up. DLC 3 would be far-eastern themed, lots of samurai etc.