Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So, I shouldn't have responded to overblown, exaggerating responses just in case it would annoy you and elicit a response from you on a subject you wanted less posts about? You were sick of seeing posts, so perpetuated the posting on the topic you were sick of seeing?

Do you believe I will keep responding to you even if you just moved on and didn't keep this going on and on with responses? What would that even look like? Me requoting the same posts? Tagging people? Anything I've done other than simply responding to people responding to me and usually just asking them to clarify or explain their overblown, exaggerated responses?

I'll give you a minute to ponder that, and whether my very offending posts would have even existed without the overblown, exaggerated responses. I'll patiently await your calling out those posts, as they perhaps seem the more worthy root of your ire.

Or you could just not shit up an entire thread with dumb shit

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Or you could just not shit up an entire thread with dumb shit

Why even post this?

Most threads on these forums are full of what many people probably deem to be dumb, banal opinions. Yet for some reason you seem very dedicated to responding to my dumb, banal opinions in the most overblown, exaggerated way possible. Why? What's the point?

Almost makes me think it has nothing to do with what I post, simply that you see me posting. I'd be flattered if it weren't so bizarre. Bonus points for the irony of that last response, though. How can you not see your own posts as shitting up this thread?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NG+ exists in Souls games mostly for the sole purpose of letting people play around with the endgame toys in the early zones. The only time this has not been the case was DS2, which had a lot of extra invasions as well as altered boss fights and drops during NG+ cycles. The game is too fucking huge to tune a NG+ for the handful of sperg lords who want to trot around with their Level 200+ characters in the game. If you want a challenge, there is a ton of options for limiting yourself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Why even post this?

Most threads on these forums are full of what many people probably deem to be dumb, banal opinions. Yet for some reason you seem very dedicated to responding to my dumb, banal opinions in the most overblown, exaggerated way possible. Why? What's the point?

Almost makes me think it has nothing to do with what I post, simply that you see me posting. I'd be flattered if it weren't so bizarre. Bonus points for the irony of that last response, though. How can you not see your own posts as shitting up this thread?

Naivity i guess.

Hoping you'd fuck off instead of go on an austic sperg about how people are just being mean to you because everyone's out to get you and not because you say dumb shit.

I'm sure going through life like a teenage girl on her period must be great for you

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, imagine expecting mercy in the Elden Ring thread. Just imagine.

Also git gud fgt

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
NG+ exists in Souls games mostly for the sole purpose of letting people play around with the endgame toys in the early zones. The only time this has not been the case was DS2, which had a lot of extra invasions as well as altered boss fights and drops during NG+ cycles. The game is too fucking huge to tune a NG+ for the handful of sperg lords who want to trot around with their Level 200+ characters in the game. If you want a challenge, there is a ton of options for limiting yourself.

So it's designed to be ezmode? A common observance/complaint even in this thread is the early zones on NG+ are not balanced well and are disappointingly easy. If NG+ is supposed to be really easy and just to play around with curb stomping the early bosses with end game weapons then why the difficulty bump at all? Why did From seem to try to up the difficulty and then just do a poor job of it?

A lot of people seem to believe it's just tuned poorly, which if by design that would be good to know so anyone making that complaint or observation could be corrected that they are expecting something that is intentionally not how the game is designed.

Seems to me it's just poorly tuned and NG+ is always pretty uninspired, but the bad balance seems an easy thing to have detected or fixed and From is just being lazy or don't give a shit for some reason.

And it seems reasonable to have the opinion to not be interested or excited by the prospect of just rushing from one to the next early boss to curbstomp them in NG+. Especially if that's how someone says the endgame starts to feel to them.

That's why this is all so bizarre. The opinion that NG+ as-is just doesn't seem appealing to me is met with everything from hyperbole to strawmen to derision despite seeming to me to be the most normal, boring perspective possible.

But now I guess NG+ is supposed to be easy? I can accept that, but that makes it even less appealing to me and raises more design questions than I had when I was left to believe the balance was just off.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So, I shouldn't have responded to overblown, exaggerating responses just in case it would annoy you and elicit a response from you on a subject you wanted less posts about? You were sick of seeing posts, so perpetuated the posting on the topic you were sick of seeing?

Do you believe I will keep responding to you even if you just moved on and didn't keep this going on and on with responses? What would that even look like? Me requoting the same posts? Tagging people? Anything I've done other than simply responding to people responding to me and usually just asking them to clarify or explain their overblown, exaggerated responses?

I'll give you a minute to ponder that, and whether my very offending posts would have even existed without the overblown, exaggerated responses. I'll patiently await your calling out those posts, as they perhaps seem the more worthy root of your ire.
There’s a big retarded equation leading to this stupid derail and you’re the common denominator so you got the response. I’m not answering the other 18 questions in your post.

• 1Worf

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Naivity i guess.

Hoping you'd fuck off instead of go on an austic sperg about how people are just being mean to you because everyone's out to get you and not because you say dumb shit.

I'm sure going through life like a teenage girl on her period must be great for you

What are you even talking about? And why? It's weird.

Notice the trend. Someone posts something boring and on topic. You hyperbole strawman some invented argument so you can argue against them existing in the thread. They like, huh, what are you even talking about and what's that got to do with what you quoted. And then you go on some awkward rant about them being aspire retard bleeding teenage girls as you accuse them of shitting up the thread and spazzing out.

Again, how are your responses at all about the game or anything I posted about it? Why bother posting this shit?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
There’s a big retarded equation leading to this stupid derail and you’re the common denominator so you got the response. I’m not answering the other 18 questions in your post.

So, it has nothing to do with what I posted, only that I posted at all and it illicited idiotic, off topic responses by other people?

If any actual content of my original post was so retarded or out of line it would have been easy to ignore or correct. Instead of this weird shit.

• 1Faggotry

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
You could argue that the endgame itself is not tuned around having done the optional content. I'm level >140 at the ashen capital w/o ever having farmed souls and everything is trivial pretty much. But that's also the case for the other soul games as well. I never bothered too long with NG+ in any soul games, it was always easy and pointless. I usually reroll and transfer my powerful items to my new char and grief people in low level invasions. That is the way.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I was about to reply to the autistic retard who has been shitting up this thread for the last few pages, then I saw it was Popsicledeath, and it all made sense.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So, it has nothing to do with what I posted, only that I posted at all and it illicited idiotic, off topic responses by other people?

If any actual content of my original post was so retarded or out of line it would have been easy to ignore or correct. Instead of this weird shit.

Dude, I normally like your posts a lot in politics etc and think you have a lot of good things to say.

However in this thread I seriously don't know what you're on about and now I'm skipping your posts. Whatever's going on, just stop worrying about it and give this thread a rest. I think you're just burned out on the game, which certainly happens. I've been doing my NG+ playthrough for about two months because I keep stopping for a while because I too am a bit burned out on that particular game mode.

Just give the game a rest and come back to it when the DLC's out, like you said in that post the other day. I don't think anyone here wants to do battle over this stuff.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You could argue that the endgame itself is not tuned around having done the optional content. I'm level >140 at the ashen capital w/o ever having farmed souls and everything is trivial pretty much. But that's also the case for the other soul games as well. I never bothered too long with NG+ in any soul games, it was always easy and pointless. I usually reroll and transfer my powerful items to my new char and grief people in low level invasions. That is the way.
NG+ usually provides a decent enough boost that the early content becomes equivalent to the end content in NG in Souls, and while it's naturally easier because of monster types(slower stuff, easier patterns, lower resists), it still feels like they're somewhat properly balanced. If you use some min maxing build you'll still mow through it, but with a generic build, it's not so bad, at least that's been my experience in the past.

In Elden Ring, the balance is really bad. The monsters still are naturally easier early on for the same reason, but on top of that the HP scaling is just way too fucking low. The way it should be is Godrick for example should have as much hp in NG+ than Godfrey does in NG, at the very least, probably more since he has ass resists. This would still be perfectly fine balance wise because you're forced to kill Godfrey anyway, and you're expected to have +25 weaps at that point and such. Yet it has way less hp(or maybe similar hp but the resist stay the same so it feels a lot squishier), so on top of having a stupidly easy moveset in comparison, he also just explodes in seconds. That makes all the early game boring as shit because the balance is absolutely shit as a result and you only start getting challenging bosses again once you get to mountaintops or so.

Sure you can try another build or whatever, but unless you purposefully gimp yourself with the build, you're not gonna get any challenge in NG+ regardless. Like yeah if you do a bow run for NG+ it might be pretty ok seeing as how bows perform, but if you switch to another "normal" build like going from warrior to mage, you'll have a really unfun time imo because everything will just die in seconds and that's just bad. You're better off restarting a game to get a proper challenge, but that poses issues when the build you want to do relies on spells or items that are obtained relatively late. Can't do a malenia cosplay build until you defeat her obviously for example, and that will take you through a very large part of the game. But if you NG+ with it, you will one shot every boss with one waterfowl dance for most of the game.

I don't believe NG+ should have new content or anything. I mean they could make a DLC to incorporate a randomizer and all that sort of stuff sure, but baseline I think the system they have is perfectly fine and I didn't expect any more than that. With full respecs(besides class changes but even that is irrelevant once you're at like 150+lvl) and bell bearings you can easily switch builds around and test whatever you feel like and that's nice. The problem is the scaling they apply to the content is fucked and doesn't work at all for pretty much 2/3rd of the game. The "easy" way to fix it would be to scale the early game more agressively(like NG+++) and slowly reduce the curve as you get higher so it ends up at NG+ for endgame like now, and do that for the next few difficulties too until you get to the last NG or whatever feels right. It is literally just number tweaking and once they find the right curve for the early game, they can apply the same curve to every NG after that too, so it's still minimal dev time.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I seem to spend most of my time farming rare weapons in the hope they'll make my path through the storyline easier.

Astrologer felt easier at the low levels because Meteorite Staff was super easy to acquire but anytime I ran a dungeon I'd be fairly certain to get ganked due to lack of range options.

I struggle with finding decent weapons for Vagabond and Confessor though. Currently trying to farm Halo Scythe on Confessor but needed to farm Leyndell Knight first to pick up Lightning Spear spell and also trying to farm Staff of the Guilty as it allows you to cast Sorcery Spells but uses your Faith stat instead of Sorcery.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I will say the weapon selection, while vast, tends to gravitate people into a couple specific setups. A couple (Dual Wield stats cornhole weapon of choice, Rivers of Blood, Moonveil) are more PvP related because gankers, but even in PvE you eventually end up going a couple specific directions, it seems. And within those narrow slots there are always one or two weapons that flat out outclass every other option. I think the reason for this is, with a few oddball PvP builds excepted, generic weapons are always massively outclassed by most named weapons in the game. I think the game would have opened up a bit more if some mundane weapons could compare in attack power at +25 to the +10 Somber ones, with War Ashes considered. And you end up just not bothering with a lot of the War Ashes as a result of this.

Spears are a prime example. With the possible exception of the Naginata (which has its own unique move set unlike any other spear), none of the mundane standard spears are even remotely worth a shit when compared to the named/somber ones. And there is only one fucking great spear in the entire game that can even take a War Ash and that one (the lance) has a terrible moveset.

Katanas are also all pretty much overpowered compared to most weapons. They scale off of Dex which is kind of the god stat in this game, hit really had and fast, are fairly light, have great movesets (including the DW L1), and all of the named ones have incredible weapon arts on them. Melenia's Hand would be a god teir weapon with its art, scaling, and damage if it were any other class of weapon, but when compared to the other katanas it is kind of "meh", as one clear example. There are individual S tier weapons in other categories (Night and Flame, DMGS, Blasphemous), but no other weapon type has such an embarrassment of riches. They were always strong, but in the past with durability they had other obstacles to their use. Now with durability gone, you can pretty much spam away with them to face roll through the game. Rivers of Blood, in particular, is one of the most ridiculous PvP and PvE weapons in the game.

Before they do anything resembling a balance pass with NG+ for the couple of poop sockers who keep doing that, I would prefer they tweak weapon balance some more.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I will say the weapon selection, while vast, tends to gravitate people into a couple specific setups. A couple (Dual Wield stats cornhole weapon of choice, Rivers of Blood, Moonveil) are more PvP related because gankers, but even in PvE you eventually end up going a couple specific directions, it seems. And within those narrow slots there are always one or two weapons that flat out outclass every other option. I think the reason for this is, with a few oddball PvP builds excepted, generic weapons are always massively outclassed by most named weapons in the game. I think the game would have opened up a bit more if some mundane weapons could compare in attack power at +25 to the +10 Somber ones, with War Ashes considered. And you end up just not bothering with a lot of the War Ashes as a result of this.

Spears are a prime example. With the possible exception of the Naginata (which has its own unique move set unlike any other spear), none of the mundane standard spears are even remotely worth a shit when compared to the named/somber ones. And there is only one fucking great spear in the entire game that can even take a War Ash and that one (the lance) has a terrible moveset.

Katanas are also all pretty much overpowered compared to most weapons. They scale off of Dex which is kind of the god stat in this game, hit really had and fast, are fairly light, have great movesets (including the DW L1), and all of the named ones have incredible weapon arts on them. Melenia's Hand would be a god teir weapon with its art, scaling, and damage if it were any other class of weapon, but when compared to the other katanas it is kind of "meh", as one clear example. There are individual S tier weapons in other categories (Night and Flame, DMGS, Blasphemous), but no other weapon type has such an embarrassment of riches. They were always strong, but in the past with durability they had other obstacles to their use. Now with durability gone, you can pretty much spam away with them to face roll through the game. Rivers of Blood, in particular, is one of the most ridiculous PvP and PvE weapons in the game.

Before they do anything resembling a balance pass with NG+ for the couple of poop sockers who keep doing that, I would prefer they tweak weapon balance some more.

I think the mundane stuff is balanced by being able to use grease / spells to buff them.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I seem to spend most of my time farming rare weapons in the hope they'll make my path through the storyline easier.

Astrologer felt easier at the low levels because Meteorite Staff was super easy to acquire but anytime I ran a dungeon I'd be fairly certain to get ganked due to lack of range options.

I struggle with finding decent weapons for Vagabond and Confessor though. Currently trying to farm Halo Scythe on Confessor but needed to farm Leyndell Knight first to pick up Lightning Spear spell and also trying to farm Staff of the Guilty as it allows you to cast Sorcery Spells but uses your Faith stat instead of Sorcery.

Vagabond? Get the lance, use determination then knights vow when u can get it. Shit wrecks.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think the mundane stuff is balanced by being able to use grease / spells to buff them.
Meh short duration buff you have to farm for vs always good is not a decent balance, at least imo.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m debating swapping to rivers and going dw with rivers and an arcane scaled katana with the dragon communion seal. I just frankly don’t like my range options with that. Moonveil and SoN&F have spoiled me with easy sorcery access. Sorcery is fucking easy mode.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I’m debating swapping to rivers and going dw with rivers and an arcane scaled katana with the dragon communion seal. I just frankly don’t like my range options with that. Moonveil and SoN&F have spoiled me with easy sorcery access. Sorcery is fucking easy mode.
Rivers is easy mode too.