Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Malenia is going to win this whole thing if the fights are one-on-one. Her HP absorption is insurmountable.

It's possible, though unlikely, that Maliketh or the final boss could pull an upset with her given their huge damage output. Other than that, there's no way she's losing, which kinda removes most of the suspense from a boss tournament. I find these kinds of videos a lot better in games where one boss isn't an HP-absorbing cheat.
She already lost to the black blade kindred gargoyle. It was a good fight. It was the first one linked here the other video was replying to it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I learned two things belatedly last night.

First, and I feel really dumb as shit for admitting it, but for all of the game up to Farum I thought I could only attack from the right of my horse so whenever I was fighting someone I was always riding in circles just so I could hit mobs. How did I not know I could attack from both sides ffs?! I guess I assumed because my left hand was holding the reins I couldn't but even so... derp!

Second was something I learned fighting the Fire Giant. You can summon a named mob like Alexander and your normal summons like Black Knife Tiche.

The first is not surprising. Off your horse, it's R1 to use right hand weapon, L1 to use left hand weapon. All of a sudden on horse, whichever weapon you're focusing, it's R1 to use it on the right side, L1 to use it on the left side? Not logical at all, although thematical and fits the game and situation.

The second is true anywhere, not just fire giant, as far as I know. You can always have your ash summons, and as many named summons as are available. I definitely used ashes and Rogier both on Margit once for the hell of it on a tertiary playthrough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I feel personally attack by this meme
1657981310031.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I loved the first play through and genuine exploration with only a few clues on the map.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 422325
Yeah but I think it's about player choice.

I found the game difficult as my first in the genre so googled a decent build and how to get just those items, which led me down a few quests like Ranni's and Volcano Manor. The rest I explored myself.

If it was any other company, every single fucking thing would be signposted to me if I wanted it or not.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My first run I only really looked up the Ranni quest line because I wanted to get the MLGS. Rest I stumbled through and fucked up a lot as a result. The kind of smarmy fuck trying to make that point is the same asshole who used to subscribe to Nintendo Power for hints back in the old days.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I generally play a game through once without checking anything and then once that’s done I go back and research shit for a complete run.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I used a quest checklist. But I still fucked a couple up by not checking it. Otherwise I just hammed along. If I found something cool I might look up what people were doing with the wep. It’s not like combat mechanics here are obtuse like PoE or something. It did take me a while to realize ashes could change scaling.

I went back and platinumed today. It took me a bit and I had to google. I had never found that shit for the frenzied flame ending.

Anyway, yeah. Im a bit hollow now. Not sure what to do.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 422325

These feelings aren't mutually exclusive though.

Looking something up in a guide is a choice, having quest markers giving everything away is taking a choice away and fundamentally changing the game.

Similar to being in support of people doing something versus wanting the government to make everyone do it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I started experimenting with new builds recently. I use multiple toons to play with various goals in mind for each but my primary toon is around level 270 and finished through NG+3. I recently read about a bleed build using dual twinblades that I wanted to try so I loaded him up and started NG+4.

It took me about 2-2.5 hours from start to get to the Ashen state of Leyndell. This new build pretty much massacred every thing along the way. Godrick, Rennala, Radahn, Mohg LoB, Maliketh, and even DL Placidusax all went down pretty godamn fast, many within 10 seconds or so which is not an exaggeration. After Maliketh went down, I figured I'd go tear up Malenia real quick before going back and finishing up the run.

Talk about a rude awakening. Now, Malenia took me a solid 40 times or so to finally beat her in my original playthrough but she went down fairly quickly in both NG+2 and +3. I was expecting more of the same in NG+4 but holy fuck, was I wrong. She's kicked my ass in NG+4 at least 25 times already. At one point, I got so frustrated that I even swapped back to my RoB and even busted out Tiche or Mimic for some help and I still can't put her down.

I finally had enough of her shit (I mean, it's Malenia right? Hardest boss in the game and all) so I've put her on hold for now and decided to re-equipp my twinblades build again, go finish up the run and then come back for her afterwards. Like all the others, Godfrey/Horoah Loux went down in record time but Radagon is just as much of an asshole in NG+4 as Malenia. Out of ~15 attempts, I've only managed to get to the EB once.

This was my first souls game but it amazes me how frustrated this game will get me.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I started experimenting with new builds recently. I use multiple toons to play with various goals in mind for each but my primary toon is around level 270 and finished through NG+3. I recently read about a bleed build using dual twinblades that I wanted to try so I loaded him up and started NG+4.

It took me about 2-2.5 hours from start to get to the Ashen state of Leyndell. This new build pretty much massacred every thing along the way. Godrick, Rennala, Radahn, Mohg LoB, Maliketh, and even DL Placidusax all went down pretty godamn fast, many within 10 seconds or so which is not an exaggeration. After Maliketh went down, I figured I'd go tear up Malenia real quick before going back and finishing up the run.

Talk about a rude awakening. Now, Malenia took me a solid 40 times or so to finally beat her in my original playthrough but she went down fairly quickly in both NG+2 and +3. I was expecting more of the same in NG+4 but holy fuck, was I wrong. She's kicked my ass in NG+4 at least 25 times already. At one point, I got so frustrated that I even swapped back to my RoB and even busted out Tiche or Mimic for some help and I still can't put her down.

I finally had enough of her shit (I mean, it's Malenia right? Hardest boss in the game and all) so I've put her on hold for now and decided to re-equipp my twinblades build again, go finish up the run and then come back for her afterwards. Like all the others, Godfrey/Horoah Loux went down in record time but Radagon is just as much of an asshole in NG+4 as Malenia. Out of ~15 attempts, I've only managed to get to the EB once.

This was my first souls game but it amazes me how frustrated this game will get me.
Can you share that build?

I heard of something similar with river of blood katana, but I fucked up by doing fire giant too early and made it unobtainable.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Radagon/Beast are immune to bleed, so change your twinblade affinity to frost or something else and it'll make them a little more manageable

Can you share that build?

I heard of something similar with river of blood katana, but I fucked up by doing fire giant too early and made it unobtainable.

Get two godskin peelers or godskin/eleanoras polearm. Go arcane/bleed affinity on the peelers. What makes the build so great is the jump attack while dual wielding polearms can hit the enemy 4 times, and godskin peeler with high arcane applies over 130 bleed per hit. Wear any gear that increases damage on bleed, bleed chance, and jump attack damage. Use seppuku to really reach crazy levels of bleed.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah there's some swords with that 4 hit jump attack too.
Curved swords.

Honestly, I had to stop summons in radagon/elden beast to get a challenge. I do not think this game is that hard, especially with ashes.

I am dicking around in FF14 now to wrap up that, but I’m going to do bloodborne next. Guy at work said it was faster combat but he felt the bosses were more fair with more windows to hit and less lengthy combos. I felt Elden Ring had some damn wild combos that I felt just kept going, but it was my first souls game.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I've never leveled up ashes on any character.

That's why I won the pvp against all the bitch boys.

Gotta train like Clubber Lang.

• 1Edgelord