Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I can't imagine a world where ER doesn't get DLC. Question is how much, and when. Leak seems plausible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I’m probably going to play some FF14 to wrap that up then I’m probably coming back here or demon souls remake.

I’ve got about 250 hours in this game. I’m sure I need to shave 20% off for leaving the game on to deal with kids.

My impression is the game is a fucking masterpiece….but it hasn’t changed my life. I don’t know. It’s up there with breath of the wild as my two favorite “current Gen” games. I can’t put my finger on it, but I both want to stop playing and don’t want to stop playing. The build diversity is surprisingly deep. The challenge is wholly tunable. And so far I’ve only thought placidux felt like bullshit to me. Also the lobsters. Fuck those things.

If they do a sequel, they really need to tune down spirit ashes. They can absolutely diminish some fights to laughable. If you can’t beat this game at 150-160 using spirit ashes, you’re fucking terrible and probably play Diablo Immortal and Candy Crush. Anyway. I’ve got one more thing to do to plat (flames ending). I never plat games. Often I want to move on because of limited time and so many games.

Honestly, I did feel sadness because it seemed like my character was responsible for pure misery. And that cut scene before Hoarah Loux…I felt really really bad each time I saw it.

My only “dumb it down” request would have been a conversation log for quest NPCs. Not a full quest log. No markers. Just a recording of what they said in text in a menu. But maybe that’s even too much. It would have helped me as someone that would forget what the fuck I was doing with an NPC after randomly finding them.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So I’m probably going to play some FF14 to wrap that up then I’m probably coming back here or demon souls remake.

I’ve got about 250 hours in this game. I’m sure I need to shave 20% off for leaving the game on to deal with kids.

My impression is the game is a fucking masterpiece….but it hasn’t changed my life. I don’t know. It’s up there with breath of the wild as my two favorite “current Gen” games. I can’t put my finger on it, but I both want to stop playing and don’t want to stop playing. The build diversity is surprisingly deep. The challenge is wholly tunable. And so far I’ve only thought placidux felt like bullshit to me. Also the lobsters. Fuck those things.

If they do a sequel, they really need to tune down spirit ashes. They can absolutely diminish some fights to laughable. If you can’t beat this game at 150-160 using spirit ashes, you’re fucking terrible and probably play Diablo Immortal and Candy Crush. Anyway. I’ve got one more thing to do to plat (flames ending). I never plat games. Often I want to move on because of limited time and so many games.

Honestly, I did feel sadness because it seemed like my character was responsible for pure misery. And that cut scene before Hoarah Loux…I felt really really bad each time I saw it.

My only “dumb it down” request would have been a conversation log for quest NPCs. Not a full quest log. No markers. Just a recording of what they said in text in a menu. But maybe that’s even too much. It would have helped me as someone that would forget what the fuck I was doing with an NPC after randomly finding them.

I completely agree that a conversation log would be appreciated. Any time you "hear" information but can't access it ever again, I find that to be poor design. There are plenty of things that could cause you to miss it and be just completely fucked.

If you can just talk to the NPC again to re-acquire the information in 100% of cases, great, no log necessary. But I'm pretty sure there are tons of cases where that's not true in Elden Ring, so I think it needs a log.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
How is he making these bosses fight? :p Its awesome.

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
How is he making these bosses fight? :p Its awesome.
He talked about it in one of the earlier videos but didn't go in the great detail. Basically he's got some modder that knows s how to work through the code of the game, and he's not actually doing it but the modder is setting up all the fights and he's just doing the commentary.

I don't know how but apparently you're able to do that. I think he's done it for a lot of the other dark souls games and Sekiro in the past.

It is pretty fun to watch. I was rooting for the death bird, because that type of Boss always kicks my ass. Guessing maybe the dragon's going to end up winning, but maybe the gargoyle will steal the championship.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Melenia would be an amazing fight if they just toned down or remove waterfowl all together. I just beat her going full shield/spear using mohg spear and fingerprint shield
I read you can freeze the water with frost bombs and she doesn't do that anymore. Not sure if it was changed.

Caeden

My only other complaint is that my first play was like 160 hours. I wanted more than a quickie ending. But the journey was worth it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
My only other complaint is that my first play was like 160 hours. I wanted more than a quickie ending. But the journey was worth it.
The endings are allways short in these games. From just doesn't do a big ending for some reason.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
The real Elden Ring was the friends we made along the way…

5D1AF9AF-6136-4A67-8371-4BC8417A7258.jpeg

• 8Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Caeden

The endings are allways short in these games. From just doesn't do a big ending for some reason.
I obviously did the Stars ending first...but her hands freaked me out...that said...my god the handies.

• 2Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Have to rebuff every 20 or 30secs though and it has an animation, so it feels kinda shit to use but it's good for initial burst with all buffs stacked early on bosses.

You could do that in Code Vein too. Here's a video of that game's Ornstein and Smough getting burst-DPSed into oblivion.

Personally I try to avoid doing stuff like this in these games because you're only shortchanging yourself by gimping boss fights. However if a fight gives me enough grief, I'll cave and look up a meta.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I learned two things belatedly last night.

First, and I feel really dumb as shit for admitting it, but for all of the game up to Farum I thought I could only attack from the right of my horse so whenever I was fighting someone I was always riding in circles just so I could hit mobs. How did I not know I could attack from both sides ffs?! I guess I assumed because my left hand was holding the reins I couldn't but even so... derp!

Second was something I learned fighting the Fire Giant. You can summon a named mob like Alexander and your normal summons like Black Knife Tiche.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I haven't really played this since getting the plat trophy. Haven't really played anything. I knew this game would leave me in a gaming depression, but it's been months now. I did pick Bloodstained back up(hadn't played it much since the release) and beat it, but nothing else. Wonder if we'll get some ER DLC.

Yeah I also went into postpartum game depression after I got the plat in ER. Played a few other things, mainly for the Backlog Challenges we were doing, but nothing was the same anymore. Finally just did a second ER platinum and that actually got me out of my funk (possibly by making me sick of ER).

I want to believe leaks!

#IWantToBelieve

That leak looks at least somewhat plausible. "Badlands" is referring to the land Godfrey was banished to, where he became Hoarah Loux. It sounds like a desert area, which is one biome sorely missing from base ER.

Then again...

Most sites reporting on it seem pretty convinced that it's a made-up leak, and that we'll be getting a DLC much sooner than Q3 2023.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Malenia is going to win this whole thing if the fights are one-on-one. Her HP absorption is insurmountable.

It's possible, though unlikely, that Maliketh or the final boss could pull an upset with her given their huge damage output. Other than that, there's no way she's losing, which kinda removes most of the suspense from a boss tournament. I find these kinds of videos a lot better in games where one boss isn't an HP-absorbing cheat.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Malenia is going to win this whole thing if the fights are one-on-one. Her HP absorption is insurmountable.

It's possible, though unlikely, that Maliketh or the final boss could pull an upset with her given their huge damage output. Other than that, there's no way she's losing, which kinda removes most of the suspense from a boss tournament. I find these kinds of videos a lot better in games where one boss isn't an HP-absorbing cheat.

They did a Malenia versus all bosses. I think she only lost to Maliketh