Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
And to be clear, the only way to access the power stance "moveset" is to use L1 (left hand). That's the only button that will attack with both weapons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Power-stance started in Dark Souls 2 I believe so you won't find it in the games before that. It's a fun thing to maul your foes with.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Power-stance started in Dark Souls 2 I believe so you won't find it in the games before that. It's a fun thing to maul your foes with.
Let's pretend for a moment that there exists a person who hasn't played any of the DS games at all. If that person asked you if the storyline of the games were tied together in such a way that playing them out of order would ruin the story, what would you tell that hypothetical person?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Let's pretend for a moment that there exists a person who hasn't played any of the DS games at all. If that person asked you if the storyline of the games were tied together in such a way that playing them out of order would ruin the story, what would you tell that hypothetical person?

You dirty heathen!

Er, sorry. This hypothetical person is a dirty heathen!

But no, there’s no big deal about playing out of order. The only light connection is DS3 seems to be a future version of the DS1 world (or given their cyclical take on time, it could be past version). So if you’re going to play them all eventually, probably 1 before 3 is good.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
To me the stories are so vague I would say it doesn’t matter. If you really plan on playing them all though I think playing them in order would be the best way simply so you aren’t losing QoL features if you progressed backwards.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Don't worry, you'll only barely understand the story of any of them playing them in order.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Trapped in Randomonia>
To me the stories are so vague I would say it doesn’t matter. If you really plan on playing them all though I think playing them in order would be the best way simply so you aren’t losing QoL features if you progressed backwards.
If you are playing them on PC , mods would fix any QoL features would it not?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Story wise it wouldn't really matter since you're unlikely to comprehend 95% of the story anyways without looking it up.

Coolness wise, 1 before 3 as 3 has a lot of really cool callbacks to 1 that you almost certainly wouldn't recognize if doing 3 before 1.

The controls are also a lot less responsive in 1 and pretty jarring, which you wouldn't know unless you had already played the other ones.

• 1Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Imagine you were swinging 20lbs of steel with intent and tried to go into a roll the opposite direction of where you swung and take that steel with you…
Any significant amount of animation locking will always feel bad as long as the human interface continues to just be some peripheral you operate with your hands, and this disconnect only increases with the detail of the physics model. I'd gladly leave a lot of "realism" to the imagination if it simply made a game feel better to play under this limitation.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you are playing them on PC , mods would fix any QoL features would it not?

I think modders only make two types of mods for DS games

1. Mods that make them even harder
2. Mods that change the "you died" screen to some form of git gud fgt

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Any significant amount of animation locking will always feel bad as long as the human interface continues to just be some peripheral you operate with your hands, and this disconnect only increases with the detail of the physics model. I'd gladly leave a lot of "realism" to the imagination if it simply made a game feel better to play under this limitation.

Love how you think you speak for everyone with this nonsense.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Love how you think you speak for everyone with this nonsense.
Just those who want a more seamless illusion of control over their videogame character. Maybe you prefer a more asynchronous style so you have time to post dumbass responses inbetween.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Stop shitting up the thread, every time this gets bumped I think we've got a DLC announcement

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Stop shitting up the thread, every time this gets bumped I think we've got a DLC announcement
Someone is playing it his first time and actually asking advice. You’re the shitter atm.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Trapped in Randomonia>
Someone is playing it his first time and actually asking advice. You’re the shitter atm.
Yeah sorry it's my first time playing and I don't want to go to a spoiler site and ruin the game. This is my 1st 'souls like' that I put any time in despite owning them all (even the PS games). I would just load them look around and die a lot before. I can tell you this though, I'm a day 1 ER DLC purchaser now!

I now have a Ruins Greatsword +5 & Starscourge Greatsword +2 , both colossus swords , and one in each hand. I recently picked up a Trolls Greatsword as well to try out. I'm assuming that's what you meant?

I'm at the capital outskirts now, I went to the main (locked) gate so now I'm wandering around seeing what I can see. Oh also, I figured out how to get into the tower at the beginning castle and power up my great rune! That gave me an EQ itch, not going to lie.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Trapped in Randomonia>
Is there a point where adding points to hp gives diminishing returns? my health bar looks a long as some of the mobs now.