Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Gotta say, Hogwarts Legacy is Elden Ring combat "done right". :)

Wow the animations aren't sluggish and too long? You can interrupt them? What a concept.
Hogwarts is next !

Tonights adventures;
Found some weird sickly desert place with dragons as yard trash.

Died 14-15 times trying to figure out how to get inside Redmane castle, died a few times clearing it out, no biggie. Absouley ass-raped by the Crucible Knight. I saw the mist so I prepped and unequipped my mage follower guy (summons cannot remember what ER calls them). When I did it the 2-3rd time I loaded him up and had him play interference. If I hadn't had 8 heal potions I probably would still be fighting the fucker. All that for no pay off? Some old guy talking about a party when the skys align.

Met a noble-guy asked me to enter his service so I did figuring it was a quest. He asks me to clear out his tower , which I do then he says sorry I cannot help you. I killed him, his name turned red when I hit him so I'm guessing that was bad? Hightower or something along that line.

Anyhow having a really good time. Dying sucks but I'm getting better at it not happening as well.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
All that for no pay off? Some old guy talking about a party when the skys align.

Remember this guy and go back to him every now and then. I can't remember exactly what does it, but eventually the skys do align and he's having a party.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hogwarts is next !

Tonights adventures;
Found some weird sickly desert place with dragons as yard trash.

Died 14-15 times trying to figure out how to get inside Redmane castle, died a few times clearing it out, no biggie. Absouley ass-raped by the Crucible Knight. I saw the mist so I prepped and unequipped my mage follower guy (summons cannot remember what ER calls them). When I did it the 2-3rd time I loaded him up and had him play interference. If I hadn't had 8 heal potions I probably would still be fighting the fucker. All that for no pay off? Some old guy talking about a party when the skys align.

Met a noble-guy asked me to enter his service so I did figuring it was a quest. He asks me to clear out his tower , which I do then he says sorry I cannot help you. I killed him, his name turned red when I hit him so I'm guessing that was bad? Hightower or something along that line.

Anyhow having a really good time. Dying sucks but I'm getting better at it not happening as well.

One half of a key you'll want is in the tower you cleared out for the guy you killed.

Worth mentioning, even if you're underlevelled you can sometimes run in a place, avoid shit, snag a drop, and then escape. Or inevitably die.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
One half of a key you'll want is in the tower you cleared out for the guy you killed.

Worth mentioning, even if you're underlevelled you can sometimes run in a place, avoid shit, snag a drop, and then escape. Or inevitably die.
Yeah a key, glad to know it's half of what I need. Run / dodge / grab is how I eventually got in Redmane castle. A LOT of my deaths were the odd double jump animation on the goat/horse causing me to turn and jump off the cliff.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah a key, glad to know it's half of what I need. Run / dodge / grab is how I eventually got in Redmane castle. A LOT of my deaths were the odd double jump animation on the goat/horse causing me to turn and jump off the cliff.

So many deaths from falling. Many jumps are easier if you lose your mount and jump/fall off ledges.

Use those little rainbow stone things to test a drop. If they shatter when they land the fall will kill you. If they glow then you'll survive, albeit lose health.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
ER is my first and only souls game though I have Bloodborne and DS remake now to play. I remember psyching myself up and getting assfucked by the shield knight near the first camp on the road in limgrave. Then combat sorta clicked. But then I spent a lot of time being scared shitless of the fucking troll in the underpass there. Did all the south area. Can’t remember its name. Couldn’t survive the troll shit. Then a buddy said “what the fuck are you talking about? Just fucking run through and camp dumbass.”

A critical learning in souls skill development I’m told.

• 2Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I am a STR 2h build and I'm seeing that I need to come up with some sort of ranged attack. Anything that can fly kicks my teeth in. Throwing daggers are ok but slow and don't do much damage. Someone said we can respec, where do I go to do that? I may drop some Vital/Str and add spells or a bow/bolt.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I am a STR 2h build and I'm seeing that I need to come up with some sort of ranged attack. Anything that can fly kicks my teeth in. Throwing daggers are ok but slow and don't do much damage. Someone said we can respec, where do I go to do that? I may drop some Vital/Str and add spells or a bow/bolt.
Respec comes later. You have to beat a boss to unlock it. For now, don't get wild putting points into STR and go vigor. Damage doesn't go up much with each STR point. Upgrade your weapon for damage.

I was also str/2h, didn't have problems with flying beasts.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Respec comes later. You have to beat a boss to unlock it. For now, don't get wild putting points into STR and go vigor. Damage doesn't go up much with each STR point. Upgrade your weapon for damage.

I was also str/2h, didn't have problems with flying beasts.

Don't listen to this man.

Str is the God stat.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
As a fellow 2h/str chonk boi, ranged combat is dishonorable and brings shame to the tarnished.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Flying creatures got you down? Jump attack with that big fuckin club mate.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Wait, are you only using 1 of the STR 2 handers?

I think I found your problem

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Wait, are you only using 1 of the STR 2 handers?

I think I found your problem
I don't understand the question.

Tonights adventures: Went back to the castle in the desert. The stars aligned, got my ass handed to me by general something over and over and over. Finally killed the fucker. There was a comet (?) , went to the impact crater. Tried jumping in. Guess that was wrong cuz died. Now the mark isn't on my map anymore? I didn't go back to see if the hole is still there. Went to round table , bought the generals armor - I look pimp now! traded something for his bow. Then BSOD - nvidia driver borked. I'm getting drops/stutters/huge pauses at round table , and only round table. Not sure why.
Guess I'm clean installing video drivers in the morning.

Other than BSOD , really loving this game. says 33 hours already.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Have you tried Hogwarts?

Imagine your guy in Elden Ring took a swing, but then he wasn't held frozen in place for 0.5 to 1.0 seconds?

Imagine you could interrupt and dodge during that time? No sloppy animations. You know, like every other game ...

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Imagine you were swinging 20lbs of steel with intent and tried to go into a roll the opposite direction of where you swung and take that steel with you…

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Have you tried Hogwarts?

Imagine your guy in Elden Ring took a swing, but then he wasn't held frozen in place for 0.5 to 1.0 seconds?

Imagine you could interrupt and dodge during that time? No sloppy animations. You know, like every other game ...

Next time just say you're retarded so we can skip your posts.

I don't understand the question.

If you use 2 of the same type of weapon (it says the type in the equipment screen under the weapon) you get a special moveset and twice the ass kicking.

While it can technically be used for any type of weapon, you're wrong if they're not colossal weapons.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

If you use 2 of the same type of weapon (it says the type in the equipment screen under the weapon) you get a special moveset and twice the ass kicking.

While it can technically be used for any type of weapon, you're wrong if they're not colossal weapons.
2 katanas says otherwise.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

I'm using 1 colossal sword with 2 hands . Are you saying put a colossal sword in both hands i.e. duel wield?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm using 1 colossal sword with 2 hands . Are you saying put a colossal sword in both hands i.e. duel wield?
Yes. Opens a new move set. It’s called power stancing, and can be done with any weapons of the same type.

• 1Like