Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im running this shit off a potato and having no issues i dont get it

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
It's... okay. I'm not exactly the biggest From Software fan; I really enjoyed Sekiro, but have never quite managed to get into the main Dark Souls series. My performance is generally great on my 3080 Ti until it suddenly isn't, and I wander into a random section of the map that stutters wildly for a few seconds. Also: no ultra-wide support is kind of inexcusable in this day and age.

Honestly, this feels a lot like someone besides me finally remembered Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and decided to make a 2022 version with a bigger world, better graphics, worse controls, and an even more pretentious story.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Played for 6 and a half hours. Bed time. I got fooled by the trap chest in Agheel lake and wandered around the Badlands for a couple of hours grabbing random loot and collecting the maps and Sites of Grace over there before returning to Limgrave. Made sure I finally got the Tree Sentinel down before going to sleep. By far the hardest boss I have killed thus far. Gotta come up with a strategy for the dragon. I have done absolutely nothing to progress the main story, and I am fucking loving it. Will try all of Tuco's fixes tomorrow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Played for 2 and a half hours as my hot naked wretch. Got a bit of armor, but nothing for weapon drops, so I'm still using the starting club. Really want a sword, and there's a merchant selling a Bastard Sword for a cool 3000 souls (plus I need a few more points of Str). Considering it but I was hoping I'd find a drop weapon. Winging it here with no build plan so I'll use whatever I can find.

With the jumping and quick movement, IMO the controls feel more like Sekiro than Souls. But I've barely played Sekiro so I could be wrong.

Wandered around the golden tree land for a while, then ended up getting a quest from some lady and going to Morne Castle. This area feels way above my level, but I've been beating my head against it for a while anyway. I want a sword so bad that I was actually considering restarting the game, but I'll survive. Haven't actually "accomplished" anything yet and I feel totally fine with that, this might be the first game since Fallout 3 where I actually like being completely lost.

What exactly is the "objective" of the game from the outset? Find bosses, kill bosses?

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Played for 2 and a half hours as my hot naked wretch. Got a bit of armor, but nothing for weapon drops, so I'm still using the starting club. Really want a sword, and there's a merchant selling a Bastard Sword for a cool 3000 souls (plus I need a few more points of Str). Considering it but I was hoping I'd find a drop weapon. Winging it here with no build plan so I'll use whatever I can find.

With the jumping and quick movement, IMO the controls feel more like Sekiro than Souls. But I've barely played Sekiro so I could be wrong.

Wandered around the golden tree land for a while, then ended up getting a quest from some lady and going to Morne Castle. This area feels way above my level, but I've been beating my head against it for a while anyway. I want a sword so bad that I was actually considering restarting the game, but I'll survive. Haven't actually "accomplished" anything yet and I feel totally fine with that, this might be the first game since Fallout 3 where I actually like being completely lost.

What exactly is the "objective" of the game from the outset? Find bosses, kill bosses?
I am in this boat so far. I got some armor off of those guards. I am wandering around and found some undead that don't seem to stay dead. Also bro the goal of the game is to become the Elden Lord. Did you not pay attention to the finger maiden?

Its playable but I am definitely getting some stuttering when I shouldn't on a 3080 ti. I am not getting any CPU/RAM hogging issues like some of you though with a Ryzen 7 2700X.

My goal for now is to get up my STR and INT so I can use spells and an ugly 2her I want. I got a shield but I am not so good at guard parrying yet.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Watched a few Asmon clips this time. In his stream he went straight for the +8 halberd he got earlier so its still there. That is probably going to be a key part of the speedrun strategy from here on out lol.

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1645786149833.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Did they even test play the PC version at all? How lazy is it to not just include the actual button I need to press to do things (PRESS B!! *actual B does nothing*). Maybe I should've gotten the PS5 version lol :*(

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Did they even test play the PC version at all? How lazy is it to not just include the actual button I need to press to do things (PRESS B!! *actual B does nothing*). Maybe I should've gotten the PS5 version lol :*(
What are you playing on? If you are on PC it will show Xbox button maps in the game, it won’t care if you’re using a 3rd party controller where it’s labeled differently. Like I use 8bitdo, my controller is mapped like a switch, so The game says press Y but I have to press a button that physically says X one it.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Was running around aimlessly and thought I give this a go... Not bad
I mean, play how you want, but you're kind of doing yourself a disservice by looking for cheese items right out the gate.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
will have to try this tomorrow.

Who knew it could be just a matter of hitting the turbo button?

Tried these out just to see, I didn't notice many issues yesterday at all except minor stuttering. One of these has made the grass pop-in almost unbearable for me though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So far playing in borderless windowed mode vs fullscreen has had the biggest effect.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Thank you very much for playing "ELDEN RING" and for your feedback. We are currently experiencing some issues that are preventing the game from playing properly under some conditions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and ask for your patience.

Main items to be revised

• Regarding the problem of the mouse being too sensitive in the PC version
    • We will be sending out a patch for this issue in the near future.
  • Regarding the problem of Easy Anti-Cheat failing to launch when the Steam account name is set to 2-byte characters.
    • We are aware of the cause of this issue and will be providing a patch in the near future.
  • Regarding the phenomenon of frame rate and other performance-related issues during gameplay
    • We will be constantly working to improve the game so that it can be played comfortably on various PC environments and platforms.
    • For the PC version, updating your graphics card drivers to the latest version may significantly improve performance.

We are also working on a few other bug fixes and performance improvements as needed. Please don’t hesitate to contact our support team if you encounter other issues.

Thank you for your continued support of ELDEN RING.

- Message on Steam

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You stuck around there and farmed up 18 Dex for the mace?

I lucked out and got the chest and legs quickly from those guards. No hat though!

Some Morning Star from yesterday's adventures, 12 STR requirement only.

1645793422952.png

• 1Like