Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My PowerA Fusion Pro 2 was just delivered and I'm shocked at how good it feels and the packaging for it to only be a $60 controller. About to hook it up and move the SN30 Pro+ downstairs.

*edit: For clarity
Yep, that was my reaction when I first opened the box too. It's essentially an Xbox Elite controller in terms of build quality (and without the QA problems MS has) for 1/3 the price, you just have to be willing to put up with it being wired-only. I like mine so much I bought the Switch version as well (which is almost identical but strangely has wireless and can actually turn on the console, but lacks rumble entirely).

--------------------------------------------

Would this build with shields be good for someone new to these games? Still cant settle on a class/build to go for yet.

Check out their samurai build. I just watched it and it's pretty similar to what I've been doing myself. One thing he's completely wrong about though is that you do not need to 2H the uchigatana in order to use Unsheathe. There's a vendor not far from the start who sells ashes of war, and one of those ashes has the "no skill" effect which removes Parry from your shield. That way instead of parrying, L2 will use your main hand weapon skill.

Only thing I don't have a good solution for is dealing with stuff like miners. Slash weapons just tickle them, and you really need strike damage or spells (even pebble will one-shot them with astologer starting stats) but I don't have a decent blunt weapon that fits my stats and spells are completely out.

Whats the word on the PS5 day one patch? Avoid?
Pretty sure it was just the PC they fucked up. I've had zero issues on Series X and the PS5 version should be basically the same.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
So I’ve never played any Souls game before and kept away from spoilers and guide. God damn this game is hard, no rails, looks great and is fun.

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Check out their samurai build. I just watched it and it's pretty similar to what I've been doing myself. One thing he's completely wrong about though is that you do not need to 2H the uchigatana in order to use Unsheathe. There's a vendor not far from the start who sells ashes of war, and one of those ashes has the "no skill" effect which removes Parry from your shield. That way instead of parrying, L2 will use your main hand weapon skill.

I was thinking the samurai, but with fashion souls just dont like the look of a samurai in a mostly western art style game.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Changing the build up!

1645814972904.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

I was thinking the samurai, but with fashion souls just dont like the look of a samurai in a mostly western art style game.
It's not terribly hard to replace armor. The very first vendor sells a chain mail set for 4500 runes, though you'd probably need to invest in endurance early to handle the weight difference (there's also a dropped set from the dudes at the first fort or whatever, but that's even heavier iirc). That's actually the main reason I chose samurai over vagabond--samurai can actually equip the starter armor without fat rolling; vagabond cannot.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The phantoms and armor textures look so fuckin good. Blood spatter on armor is a nice touch in combat.

Storm stomp and lance is gonna be hard for me to give up.

unknown-235.png

unknown-188.png

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
It's not terribly hard to replace armor. The very first vendor sells a chain mail set for 4500 runes, though you'd probably need to invest in endurance early to handle the weight difference (there's also a dropped set from the dudes at the first fort or whatever, but that's even heavier iirc). That's actually the main reason I chose samurai over vagabond--samurai can actually equip the starter armor without fat rolling; vagabond cannot.

Hmm in that case might give the Samurai a try if I can make them look like a knight later in the game.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Curious why no 4k120 - using Xbox controller on PC is pretty golden just meh@ FPS cap on PC

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
The best part of Elden Ring is that weapons don't have durability, 10 out of 10, 5 stars. I don't even think twice about hitting a wall every time I see a "hidden path ahead" next to a wall. If they had durability I think my sword would be nothing but a hilt by now. Also how great are the horse movement mechanics? first game i've played that doesn't make me want to murder my mare in it's sleep.
Completely agree. Makes it better than BoTW so far for me. I don’t have to worry about ruining a weapon I can just have fun using it.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Well that sucks lol I cant even return and get standard edition because I already preloaded it. Oh well I guess if I would ever spend 80 fucking dollars on a game it mine as well be on THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME LOL.
For which platform?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Except for the old monk boss in demon souls. Luckily you could drop offline for that fight.

Spears of the Church in DS3.

My favorite was a regen build that would let you grief the fuck out of that fight.

Managed to kill the same guy trying to kill that boss 8 times in a row before he either rage quit or went offline

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

The upgrade system in this is weird. It's tied completely into the type of ashes of war you apply to the weapon rather than different kinds of shards or whatever. Even if your weapon is something like an uchigatana which comes with a skill you'd never want to change out, you still have to go find the Unsheathe ashes out in the world and actually apply it over the default one to add the ken prefix and get dex scaling.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
If I bought from GMG for PC and used the code, is there any way to process a return? These PC controls are straight ass and just gonna buy for PS4.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If I bought from GMG for PC and used the code, is there any way to process a return? These PC controls are straight ass and just gonna buy for PS4.
Why don’t you just buy a controller for your pc?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users