Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Why don’t you just buy a controller for your pc?
Game Show Genius GIF by ABC Network

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The upgrade system in this is weird. It's tied completely into the type of ashes of war you apply to the weapon rather than different kinds of shards or whatever. Even if your weapon is something like an uchigatana which comes with a skill you'd never want to change out, you still have to go find the Unsheathe ashes out in the world and actually apply it over the default one to add the ken prefix and get dex scaling.
So it's confirmed every weapon art has an ash, and every ash can be set to scale whatever stat?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So it's confirmed every weapon art has an ash, and every ash can be set to scale whatever stat?
First part, most of them have ashes. All the skills on normal weapons have an ash you can find. The special skills that can't be replaced on unique (somber upgrade path) weapons also don't have ashes available to put those skills on normal ones.

Second part, no. Unsheathe is always Keen scaling, Determination is always Quality scaling, etc.

Tip for ashes -- kill every scarab (Elden Ring version of the crystal lizard) you see even if you don't need a flask recharge right then.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Well found the poison area... Fun fact if you get invaded by an NPC you dismount. Mid swamp...

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
HOLY SHIT!!!! It's been years since I actually jumped in my chair in fear or surprise from a video game.
I was running towards a camp of undeads when a dragon flew down out of nowhere roasted them and then made me his bitch. My heart almost jumped out my chest."

• 1Worf

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
HOLY SHIT!!!! It's been years since I actually jumped in my chair in fear or surprise from a video game.
I was running towards a camp of undeads when a dragon flew down out of nowhere roasted them and then made me his bitch. My heart almost jumped out my chest."

I had a very similar experience:

early on near that bandit camp there is a cave down below by the shoreline. I marked it on my map, got on the horse, made my way down there......only to suddenly be engaged out of nowhere by some humongous dragon breathing fire everywhere. Run away from him, get to the cave.....only to be chomped to bits by some giant crab creature. Definitely was a lol moment for me.

• 1Worf

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Curious why no 4k120 - using Xbox controller on PC is pretty golden just meh@ FPS cap on PC
It's a silky smooth 60 FPS for me on PC at least, they must have the animations running at 60 FPS too because everything feels very smooth, I could almost swear it was running at 100hz or more.

Break

What GPU/drivers are you guys running? i'm using the latest Studio drivers and other than a little bit of stuttering yesterday it's perfectly smooth today. 3090 tho so ymmv.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Go south of that area and you'll see what made me drop the controller this morning. I 100% didn't expect it.

About the dragon:
South of the place where the dragon spawns there's an NPC telling you a dragon lairs there so I was suspicious.

Break

Funky area, think its same as someone posted earlier.

star area.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It's a silky smooth 60 FPS for me on PC at least, they must have the animations running at 60 FPS too because everything feels very smooth, I could almost swear it was running at 100hz or more.

Yeah its smooth and ive had no stuttering but still - its not 4k120. However did figure out the dumb xbox controller issue - someone elsewhere mentioned the game locks to the first control scheme it recognizes which is always kb/m unless you unplug them before it launches.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Just started using ashes, Jelly Fish is MVP. Also JUST now realised no rings...talisman system replaces it. I like the change, ring swapping sucked and there was always like 2 that were mandatory no matter what build.

• 1Like

Vhars

Vyemm Raider
Fuck these fucking centipede men in this god damn cave I got trapped in.

This is great.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
So about 7 hours in, killed maybe 5 mini bosses? Starting to explore the castle atm.
Specs are Ryzen 3600x, 3060 and 32gb a ram. I installed the game on my HDD not my SDD.

Playing on High at 1440P. I followed the advice posted earlier, and the only thing I did was turn Shadow quality down to Medium vs high. So far game is fairly smooth.

As for the game istelf. It still suffers from PC port syndrome. The fact I cant hotkeey a lot of my menus or keybind thinks like my inventory or even the Map (Literally had to google what button to press since its not in the keybinds) is super shit. I also can seem to use any of the extra buttons on my MMO mouse which sucks.

overall what I expected from a Souls game.

• 1Like