Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Main story bosses feel like they're straight out of Sekiro.

Fucking brutal with a 2h str build but that's the price of going big dick all the time

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Started as wretched, so you have to dump a lot of points to get to the point that you can use those weapons. I’m putting first points into vitality and endurance since those are always needed, and club is surprisingly effective especially when stealthing. It’s also much better at breaking than 1h swords. I’ll eventually put 6 pts in star needed to wield that 2hder.
Starting as a wretch I'm pre-emptively boosting str and dex just so when I get a weapon I can use it. Club does pretty well tho.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well the first guard camp you get to has a 18 DEX flail and a 18 STR greatsword weapon right in it.

The greatsword lets you absolutely destroy that Erdtree Knight on horseback btw. That fight is a complete joke on the horse. I didn't even get hit once, just gallop around let him try and strike you then come in for an R2 and repeat.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm in the mountains in Gatlinburg, TN. How's the game? Should I refund steam and get PS5?

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Please tell me I'm not the only person who got like 12 hours into the game before realizing that the horse can double-jump...............

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This game….. I pulled an all nighter for literally the first time since BB. So good, so big, so fun. Up to first rune boss and he’s dick punching me but here I go again

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
PS5. Control set on PC is maddening.
PS5 is probably the better version today, but I'd argue that my crazy gamepad + mouse control setup is superior to either mouse/kb or gamepad only.

Really, buy it for all platforms and preorder the switch version. From deserves your $$$.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
red invasions (hostile) are simply to grief people, and can be hilarious. I don't think it can be done at boss fights (at least in all previous games), only out in the regular areas.
Except for the old monk boss in demon souls. Luckily you could drop offline for that fight.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
According to some Reddit dudes calling Best Buy, they’ve run out of digital codes and have to wait to get more supplied to them. Looks like I might be SOL playing today. :( Husband’s trolling me during his play through with all the “this is awesome but you’ll have to wait and see” shit.

• 2Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Would this build with shields be good for someone new to these games? Still cant settle on a class/build to go for yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
According to some Reddit dudes calling Best Buy, they’ve run out of digital codes and have to wait to get more supplied to them. Looks like I might be SOL playing today. :( Husband’s trolling me during his play through with all the “this is awesome but you’ll have to wait and see” shit.
Why not just buy it directly from psn?

• 3Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This is my first venture into the Dark Souls world and I have to say this game is fucking amazing but very difficult. I’m currently playing it on Steam using a Fusion controller and there has been times I caught myself bending and twisting the controller out of pure frustration. I can’t describe it but it’s a good feeling of frustration. I guess I’m having fun. I was having a hard time getting use to the triggers as the attack buttons. It’s something I don’t usually play games with that controller scheme. The stuttering is really getting annoying though and I may just buy it for my PS5 and come back to it for PC when custom mods are out.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
there has been times I caught myself bending and twisting the controller out of pure frustration.
first time GIF

• 2Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
8bitdo SN30 Pro 2 is great, as is the PowerA Fusion Pro 2 (would be my #1 recommendation for anyone who'll be using their controller wired no matter what).

My PowerA Fusion Pro 2 was just delivered and I'm shocked at how good it feels and the packaging for it to only be a $60 controller. About to hook it up and move the SN30 Pro+ downstairs.

*edit: For clarity

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is my first venture into the Dark Souls world and I have to say this game is fucking amazing but very difficult. I’m currently playing it on Steam using a Fusion controller and there has been times I caught myself bending and twisting the controller out of pure frustration. I can’t describe it but it’s a good feeling of frustration. I guess I’m having fun. I was having a hard time getting use to the triggers as the attack buttons. It’s something I don’t usually play games with that controller scheme. The stuttering is really getting annoying though and I may just buy it for my PS5 and come back to it for PC when custom mods are out.

That frustration makes the triumphs that much sweeter when they happen.

• 3Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The best part of Elden Ring is that weapons don't have durability, 10 out of 10, 5 stars. I don't even think twice about hitting a wall every time I see a "hidden path ahead" next to a wall. If they had durability I think my sword would be nothing but a hilt by now. Also how great are the horse movement mechanics? first game i've played that doesn't make me want to murder my mare in it's sleep.

• 2Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Two things, I keep finding better and better curved swords after I upgrade the last one and I hit this little lift and my god... no spoilers but I haven’t been this stoked since I found the dark world in Zelda on Snes.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users