Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait to break a few controllers on this.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Is it supposed to have a story because of Martin? I couldn't follow the trailer at all, seems like DS4 in everything but name.
Yeah only thing I could think of was an open world Dark Souls 4.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Also, its releasing on last gen consoles, cause game companies keep fucking letting that happen for some reason.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I can just imagine the creative direction meetings.

GRRM: "OK, I've cooked up this complex political structure between different warring nations in..."
Hidetaka Miazaki: "Hmm, I'm thinking everything is just fucked with no politics. There's just a bunch of like, zombie kings or something."
GRRM: "..."

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I can just imagine the creative direction meetings.

GRRM: "OK, I've cooked up this complex political structure between different warring nations in..."
Hidetaka Miazaki: "Hmm, I'm thinking everything is just fucked with no politics. There's just a bunch of like, zombie kings or something."
GRRM: "..."
You mean GRRM: “Not bad, sign my check pls”

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Also, its releasing on last gen consoles, cause game companies keep fucking letting that happen for some reason.
The reason is money. There are 120 million ps4s out there, and like 8 million ps5s. No one is going to ignore that massive market. You won’t see companies release things solely on ps5 for another couple years probably. Unless Sony is going to pay them to, to help push systems. They’re selling so fast they don’t need to do that though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I think all From games look like they have low res textures.

While I agree with this statement, if lower res textures is what fuels the unmatched combat responsiveness of DS3 and Sekiro than I will gladly give it up. For me, it is pretty enough and that is what counts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Im assuming this will be like other Souls games where the only way to really get the story is to watch this guys videos.

In game it will be vague things people say and item descriptions. Martin could of been involved in helping create the background story easily. In GOT the vague background story with the long seasons, red priests and R'hllor, and the fall of Valyria fits right in with souls story telling.

• 3Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You mean GRRM: “Not bad, sign my check pls”
Then he did that little gremlin laugh of his.

Kidding aside, that guy is a king neckbeard. I do wonder what his role in it all is minus having his name on it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Then he did that little gremlin laugh of his.

Kidding aside, that guy is a king neckbeard. I do wonder what his role in it all is minus having his name on it.
Kidding aside he was probably in charge of ordering donuts.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't see them not allowing for some form of PvP. My biggest concern right now, given that it will have a big open world is whether or not the game will have a map. I'd prefer NOT to have a map at all... let the game world be so well designed that you'll always know where you are in relation to anywhere else. If it does have a map, then I hope its just very simple with only names... no quest markers / teleport markers, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Dark souls 3 was the first from software game i didn't finish. Just got bored of the same gameplay loop of running into a new boss or encounter, memorizing their animations and then execution them. It's hard to describe but it didn't feel like i was getting good at the game, just getting good at each new boss.

After skipping a couple games apparently i might be ready to go through it again with elden ring.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Dark souls 3 was the first from software game i didn't finish. Just got bored of the same gameplay loop of running into a new boss or encounter, memorizing their animations and then execution them. It's hard to describe but it didn't feel like i was getting good at the game, just getting good at each new boss.

After skipping a couple games apparently i might be ready to go through it again with elden ring.
You wouldn’t have got bored if it had swamps.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users