Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I suck at this game so far. Playing on PC with a PS5 controller and chose Wretch to start with. I'm in Limgrave and trying to figure out what the hell to do to get stronger and get some equipment. I think I used up all my initial "branches" just by hitting the wrong buttons. World is beautiful though and creature design is amazing.

My PC is older and only has a GTX 1070 but it seems to run pretty well. Minimal stuttering so far.
Find the area with the knight encampments and farm em for gear.

Vhars

Vyemm Raider
Will do.
I was down in the swamp area working on the Burnt dragon area, but those dogs sucked with just a club.
Also once you activate like 4-5 sites of lost grace or whatever (bonfires) you'll unlock the ability to level up.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
You have to log out and in for it to take effect. It works, I did it yesterday
Cool I'll give that a go. Is there a better control scheme than the default for controller? Dodge feels super delayed since it happens like 1/2 a second after you RELEASE the button. Imagine its partly due to dodge/run being bound to the same button.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
GOD DAAAAAAAAMMM... That boss fight was fucking baller.

Radahn down, that tiny horse had me rolling. Truly some of the most epic shit ever in a video game. I wonder if I am headed towards a bad ending, like everyone died...

nu_11

man this game sure is something great (photos)
3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also once you activate like 4-5 sites of lost grace or whatever (bonfires) you'll unlock the ability to level up.
Yes, that will be key. Running around level 1 isn't that great. This is my first souls type game.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yes, that will be key. Running around level 1 isn't that great. This is my first souls type game.
Follow the arrow on your map that’s coming out of the camp sites, you’ll find the knight camp soon, unlock leveling, your horse, a vendor.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Margit down! Son of a...

Anyways, this game is amazing. Level 21 but my play time is constantly interrupted by my 8 month old. (the real boss)

Yeah my Steam says something like 14 hours played but most of that is chasing a 4 year old I think. Did decide to actually progress a little through Stormveil after Margit and those flying razor falcons suck. But so do flying mobs in any game ever.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Currently have an Uchi, Greatsword, and Greataxe and not sure which to upgrade. I explored all the way south behind the Castle Morne area but I feel like my lack of upgrades on weaponry is beginning to hold me back.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Took down Margit at lvl 25 (wretch) but had a +3 greatsword, just got to Godrick and got him to 60% my first try, definitely seems easier than Margit was but he still has some crazy combos. Think I was about to have him to phase 2 when I died.

Are all the other areas beyond Limgrave this big? If that's the case I'm going to easily be at 80+ hours before I beat this fucking game. So much shit to do, still have to go back to the 2 pumpkin heads that kicked my ass like 10 lvls ago

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah my Steam says something like 14 hours played but most of that is chasing a 4 year old I think. Did decide to actually progress a little through Stormveil after Margit and those flying razor falcons suck. But so do flying mobs in any game ever.
You can one shot blow most of those fuckers up by hitting the barrel they’re sitting on with something flaming. I tossed a fireball for 3 out of four of them. The other one I just spam fast attack with a long sword and he’d fly into it and die.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
You can one shot blow most of those fuckers up by hitting the barrel they’re sitting on with something flaming. I tossed a fireball for 3 out of four of them. The other one I just spam fast attack with a long sword and he’d fly into it and die.
Jumping attacks worked for me once I dodged the barrel they throw.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Jumping attacks worked for me once I dodged the barrel they throw.
I forget about jumping attacks so much. Probably making the game harder by not utilizing them, just not used to it I guess.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else’s beard been growing faster? I’ve had to shave my neck three times since this came out. Weird.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are there Ashes of War descriptions anywhere in game or do you just need to look them up online to see what they do? I got determination and had no idea what it was doing ( it was buffing my next attack) until I looked it up. I still don't get if it's, for example, a set 5 attack per buff usage or % based.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Follow the arrow on your map that’s coming out of the camp sites, you’ll find the knight camp soon, unlock leveling, your horse, a vendor.
Lol fuck this faggot shit. Ain't no tree telling me what to do. We raidin catacombs and giant fuckers on the beach, boy!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Do the chests like the one in the wagon drop different items for everyone? Or are the items similar in stats but diff types?

Every chest and glowing item in the game is fixed, so everybody gets the exact same drops. Mob drops are random, fixed drop tables but small percent chance. There are items in the game that can increase this chance.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Lol fuck this faggot shit. Ain't no tree telling me what to do. We raidin catacombs and giant fuckers on the beach, boy!
Yeah, I didn’t say follow the arrows the entire game, just to get going on the basics and geared. I’ve wandered all over the damn place. Once you get the horse, leveling and gear unlocked, I say go ham and explore.