Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there a way to level up your ashes summons? The one you get for free right at the start is super strong compared to the two I’ve found in dungeons since then. Not sure why. Do the ashes scale off your stats somehow?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Regarding an NPC In eastern Limgrave

anyone know what’s up with the dude at the top of mistwood ruins, who just sits howling? I think he even has a load screen image. I don’t want to attack him and potentially fuck my chances at something
Yes, you get a quest to talk to him from another NPC. Can’t really miss who, top of a snall tower near two other towers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Is there a way to level up your ashes summons? The one you get for free right at the start is super strong compared to the two I’ve found in dungeons since then. Not sure why. Do the ashes scale off your stats somehow?
Yes but it is a quest line involving a random women and the smith in roundtable area.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Exploring at night is a thing. Mobs change and suddenly some places have bosses. Not just the night riders.

Amazing game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Naw I'm just calling it. My entire stock of souls is stuck in the mines now because I can't equip any strike weapons and my damage is complete cucked vs the crystal dudes down here.

That's not even getting in to the cockroach guys that spam homing ranged attacks that oneshot me lol.

Sorcery was 100% a mistake and cost me the first ~8hours of my playtime I guess.

I have a decent build at lvl 18 and getting trap TPed to Sellia was a ball buster. You can very easily make it out, though. Just balls out run right from the spawn and follow the circular slope down to the cave entrance that takes you to a grace point. Then go south-ish out of the cave to the grace point right outside the spellcaster city. At that point you can then warp back to wherever you want.

• 1Like

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Naw I'm just calling it. My entire stock of souls is stuck in the mines now because I can't equip any strike weapons and my damage is complete cucked vs the crystal dudes down here.

That's not even getting in to the cockroach guys that spam homing ranged attacks that oneshot me lol.

Sorcery was 100% a mistake and cost me the first ~8hours of my playtime I guess.
I got tp there also, I couldn t clear it, and it felt too hard for my level, esp the cockroach. You can sneak out of there and teleport back to limgrave.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It reduces base damage but improves the stat scaling. So if your str/dex aren't good enough you can lose damage. I waited until my dex was in the 30's to switch my uchi to Keen and even then it was only like 8 dmg higher than normal scaling.

Im at like 31 str, 21 dex and its still not good enough on +4 lance.

Need more of those smithing stone (2)s

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I preordered this for the PS5 but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Never played a Souls game before, so I know I will suck but reading this thread, between that and the lore it seems like a freaking Christmas present. So exciting!

Excited Wesley Snipes GIF by BBQ Films

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I preordered this for the PS5 but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Never played a Souls game before, so I know I will suck but reading this thread, between that and the lore it seems like a freaking Christmas present. So exciting!

Thanks again for the help getting the ps5, I had given up and missing out on this game would have been sad times!

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
rhino same here basically and boy is it an adjustment. I have been spoiled by go here, spam super powerful abilities rinse and repeat games for years. The payoff though is amazing. It creates a totally different kind of experience where finding a simple longsword is a fun and rewarding experience.

• 1Solidarity

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Are there a shit ton of smithing stones? I want to upgrade my newb weapon but I'm afraid to use anything on it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Are there a shit ton of smithing stones? I want to upgrade my newb weapon but I'm afraid to use anything on it.

Yes and no. Early on, you find them as drops (very rare in this) or as items on ground or in the mines. As you explore Limgrave, there are versions (1) and (2). I assume that like other Souls games, you get vendors later on that sell the early upgrade stones.

I have explored only in Limgrave (not north) after 12 hours, finally entered the legacy dungeon. I have one +4 weapon and around 30ish (1) version stones and 10 or so (2). Found no vendors that sell them yet, but still in first zone. So wouldn't waste them on a weapon you know you want to discard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider

Same. I've been on a Disney trip with the family and I've just been reading this thread in anticipation of getting home. We get back tomorrow and the first thing I'm doing is driving to BB to pick up my preorder.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Margit down! Son of a...

Anyways, this game is amazing. Level 21 but my play time is constantly interrupted by my 8 month old. (the real boss)

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I suck at this game so far. Playing on PC with a PS5 controller and chose Wretch to start with. I'm in Limgrave and trying to figure out what the hell to do to get stronger and get some equipment. I think I used up all my initial "branches" just by hitting the wrong buttons. World is beautiful though and creature design is amazing.

My PC is older and only has a GTX 1070 but it seems to run pretty well. Minimal stuttering so far.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I suck, that is all.
Haha I’m six hours in. Still can’t get passed the first main boss. Ended up getting tossed into a trap area which I had to run out of while dying praying I could teleport back. Started just running around on my horse killing the first area enemies over and over while singing America, fuck yeah!, fell off a cliff in the process.

Game fucking rocks.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Oh neat went to put my PS5 in rest mode and the screen turned green and then my PS5 shut off and had to repair...

• 1Rustled