Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Goonsquad Officer
I accidentally used the wolf summon on some cave boss and those stupid wolves absolutely wreckt it. Well, distracted it while I killed him. Need to avoid using them as I dislike that. That was the first time I ever used the summons at all.

Need to figure out where I can find more summons though. I am definitely taking my sweet time with this. Dying a lot to just being bad still though! I want to find the Parry ash of war so I can actually start practicing using it. The brass shield doesn't have it by default. At least the one that I have.
the plague dog is nasty. it's from right outside the sorcerer's city. it gives rot plague.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I finally got close to the giant tree.

EldenRingTree.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
I have found every weapon but another astrologer staff. I'm sitting at +3 newb staff. Anyone been able to find a better staff?
i found a staff of some kind on the roof of of a building in the sorcerers city. dunno what it's called offhand.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I’m just getting cockblocked at Margit. Got my long sword with the bleed art on it, grabbing two summons to go in and just can’t kill this fuck. Soon as he goes into phase two just can’t seem to land hits on him anymore. I guess I just have to grind at this point, which is annoying since I can’t seem to git gud.

Yeah he's tough using traditional dodge techniques, because his attacks are either super quick or super delayed, which makes timing hard until you get to know the fight. If you are good at parrying/staggering, that's the way to go.

If you aren't (like me), then this is what I did to kill him:

1. Use Jellyfish pet.
2. Phase 1 - dodge avoid, get hits in when you can. Remember to roll INTO him, not away from him, so you are in range for attacks.
3. Phase 2 - when he brings out the hammer is when shit usually goes sideways, so here be patient.
4. When he is focused on you, keep at a distance, he usually throws those 2 lightning daggers which are easy to dodge.
5. When he's focused on the jellyfish, you move in behind and get a few hits in.
6. Rinse/repeat.

Occasionally the jellyfish will get enough hits in to poison him; look for the purple shit it spews. Once Margit's hps start ticking down by itself you know the poison got applied. Between this and the occasional hits you get in, it should be easy. Just need to be patient.

Goonsquad Officer
you can jump 'away' when the hammer comes down and always avoid it. you get enough time to drink your apple juice if you need. you 'can' jump attack in, but he'll do some shit really fast after so don't do that unless you have a fast recovery weapon.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've said "what the fuck" in astonishment at a new area or mob more in ER than I have in probably any other game.
I don't feel comfortable living on the same planet as whomever designed that weird purple hanging bug creature you fight before you get here. Also this game could have gone without the giant bug eyed frog death things

1645989418841.png

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I've said "what the fuck" in astonishment at a new area or mob more in ER than I have in probably any other game.
I don't feel comfortable living on the same planet as whomever designed that weird purple hanging bug creature you fight before you get here. Also this game could have gone without the giant bug eyed frog death things

View attachment 400668
This thing?
1645989765988.png

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So Rogier just hands you that +8? lol I never watched the stream or whatever about who supposedly did it but after talking to him in RTH it is a reward. Seems crazy for free.

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
So Rogier just hands you that +8? lol I never watched the stream or whatever about who supposedly did it but after talking to him in RTH it is a reward. Seems crazy for free.
It's catered towards INT casters though, so while +8 is good, if it isn't catered to your build, you will have better. My weapon was +7 when he gave me his rapier.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I wonder what the most runes someone has lost when they died lol?

Saw a youtube vid of a dude who got splattered and lost 28k.
That would be nothing for a late game souls game hehe

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
It kind of sucks that I never tried any of the other Souls like games, because it will be hard to go back now from this amazing, Cyclopean, open world creation they have made here will make going back hard.
Or maybe not but this game seems like a pinnacle.

The map and music, the visuals: It's amazing. It's like I stepped into a Hard Rock album cover from the early 80's, just as bizarre and deadly and beautiful as one would have imagined it would be.

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Who offers the respec and how soon can you get it? I'm so fucking over sorcery but don't wanna restart the entire damn game.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Who offers the respec and how soon can you get it? I'm so fucking over sorcery but don't wanna restart the entire damn game.
Got to kill some elders, if you need help hit me up. I am near the end I think and wabt to slow down a little.

Everytime I think I have seen some cool shit this game keeps on giving. This world is so insanely large...

• 1Like

nu_11

If you're not also staying at SL1 I don't see the point of all the weird handicaps.

What kind of fucking bitch parries in Souls games? You sprint, you dodge, or you DIE.
I play games on hard not on extreme.

The whole point of my post is that Margrit is too hard for the first main boss when you just try to use regular dodge and sword and board. Goddamn aspies getting rustled up over a point I’m not even trying to make. I honestly don’t care how you play or what guides you look up for assist. Margrit is gonna be a huge problem for many normies. Honestly, how well do you think normies learn to parry before Margrit?

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I feel like a lot of people said the same thing about father gascoigne

• 1Like

nu_11

I feel like a lot of people said the same thing about father gascoigne
Gascoigne isn’t nearly as tanky as Margrit.

Random chance based on length of fight means you have a better shot at killing Gascoigne before he kills you when compared to fighting Margrit.

• 2Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Margrit was super easy, so easy I don't even remember which boss that was or its move set. Pretty sure I just staggered him to death.

• 1Solidarity

nu_11

You aren’t interested in battlemage build? I finally found some Int scaling swords.

• 1Like