Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
For people having trouble with mage builds, get the Meteorite Staff ASAP. It's much easier to get than the demi staff and I believe it's also more powerful. Can be used almost from the outset, just need a few levels of Int depending on your class (wretch needs 8 points). Meteorite Staff starts fully-upgraded and has S scaling for int spells. Pretty sure you can get it without even fighting anything, as well, just make a death run to where it is and grab it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Haven't even seen patches yet, dung eater though... How did they make such an epic game? Calling it now this is truly the best game of all time, all they have to do is nail the DLC(likely 2 as usual)and then the mods...sweet jesus the mods. I have played this game for nearly 3 days straight and it is all I want to do.

speculation ramble with major spoilers on story and quest and a a truly awesome catacombs. I figured it was like two doors and boom quest done but no, place is once again staggering in size.
Ok so I think I went true evil, helped death and then betrayed my finger maiden to take up the frenzied fire(though she just might be manipulating me). I only found the place because I was looking for Dung eater... Found this games version of blight town as well(below the capital) and that is where the biggest mind fuck of a catacombs is as well. Only read next part if you get stuck in said area or done it already
So dung eater is basically near the start if you keep going down and down and down in the labyrinth you going the wrong way for him. Near the shrimps is the catacombs entrance and it is PT level of WTF! You go in circles like a god damn lunatic, I literally thought I was losing my mind but subtle differences pushed me on and eventually got out. There is an awesome boss fight and then a jump puzzle...and then when you think the area ends...just keeps going. I am level 98 and still haven't done the entire back 3rd of this area and still have the next area AND there is the whole middle north I haven't explored yet.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Damn I really wanted to try a mage. I been watching these mage guide videos at work and they make it seem like sorcery is the tits but coming here and the majority is saying don’t do it. Did you guys use weapons like Meteorite or Demi human queens staff? Just asking before I commit.

I’m playing a caster. It makes grinding in the open world stupid easy. Can just put on a movie and half way pay attention to the game. And the meteorite staff is very easy to get early on.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Got to get off, going to get a blood clot in my leg if I don't move around and my eyes just hurt. God damn this game...

100% trying a faith build next between the weapons and the dragon stuff...Going to be a good time.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going to guess 50 for HP and Str per usual, unsure about the others. I'm at 47 Str now so pretty soon I'll be able to find out if I'm right.

Has anyone found any remotely hot outfits for a female character yet? I know this isn't Code Vein or anything, but I was able to find a couple of decently sexy outfits in Demon's Souls Remastered. Right now my character is rocking a chain mail dress and looks like a homely Russian woman. It's sexy by 1300's England slum standards but I'm hoping to find something a little nicer for her to wear at some point, maybe a dress or something that actually shows a shoulder.
Saw this on reddit

TL;DR

Vigor = 40/58

Mind = 40/~55

Endurance = 25/50/60

Strength / Dexterity / Intelligence / Faith = probably 40/60, but needs more testing

Arcane = 20/91

Nola

Trakanon Raider
For people having trouble with mage builds, get the Meteorite Staff ASAP. It's much easier to get than the demi staff and I believe it's also more powerful. Can be used almost from the outset, just need a few levels of Int depending on your class (wretch needs 8 points). Meteorite Staff starts fully-upgraded and has S scaling for int spells. Pretty sure you can get it without even fighting anything, as well, just make a death run to where it is and grab it.
Actually if anyone follows this guide can get some very good starting mage gear under an hour. The only thing may make it longer is getting the 100 block rate shield to drop off trash mobs. Gonna give it a try and see how strong my mage will be.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Saw this on reddit

TL;DR

Vigor = 40/58

Mind = 40/~55

Endurance = 25/50/60

Strength / Dexterity / Intelligence / Faith = probably 40/60, but needs more testing

Arcane = 20/91

What do those numbers mean? Softcap and harsher softcap?

Also, if anyone finds a Somber Smithing Stone [5] post it here. Can buy the other four, so it looks like [5], which maxes the Golden Halberd and any other special weapon, is the one you need to find out in the world.

Goonsquad Officer
i tried to farm the little black dudes across the bridges for that weird polearm saw blade thing (blood loss polearm was the goal) i must have killed 100 of them. no drop :( got quite a few levels now though.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ah yes, the answer to playing sorcery is look up all the gear guides on the internet and death rush to pick up all the items it needs to not be complete shit.

Well done folks, you've solved sorcery.

• 4Worf
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 6 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Beat Godrick when I started playing today then started dicking around and found myself in some random catacombs all night lol. Those fat bastards are tough. This game is something else, gonna be hard to go back and play any other souls game now. Still sitting here with a fucking trash +4 longsword that dropped from those dudes at the start. Have found all sorts of other weapons of course but nothing worth leveling up for. Sometimes I almost want to look up some fucking spoilers.

P.S. I love being able to do a real jump.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
from I'm gonna 100% this game and put a thousand hours in for sure to this

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Before we begin, I suck at this game so take my complaints with a grain of salt.
You may just be doing it wrong. Look at any fight movie. The hero never fights the bad guy 100 times and then finally wins. No, you are supposed to just lose once. Hell, maybe even just look at the guy and go nope. Then you grind easy stuff like pushups and wooden dummies for a long time until you are overleveled. THEN you return to the bad guy and kick the shit out of the punk in the first attempt. This is the way of the hero.

I am a hero and you can be one too.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand the gripe. The game does point you in the main story direction. You can just not do that and wander off as you wish.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lul, still can't find any [5] Sombers, have a bunch of [6] now. Haven't found anything to upgrade my phantoms either. I've explored a ton of the world now and part of me wants some sort of guide just to tell me what I'm "supposed" to do next to sort of move things along a bit.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
In the place you start the game in. That chapel before the grafted scion. Is there a way to open that blocked door? I can see those stairs and stuff behind it so I assume there is. But I didn't find any kind of key or anything after dicking around awhile and just moved on.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Killed the 1st boss finally. Unfortunately I think it bugged out because the door to Emil to turn in for an axe isn’t open and I cannot find a reward in mg inventory either. :(

It’s not bugged. Go back to the main room with the round table. A previously closed door in that room is now open. Go there and learn some lore and meet someone cool 😁. Afterwards the other door will reopen and you can talk to him again.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Where is the 'Path of Grace's pointing to after Castleeward Tunnel? I feel like I'm missing something

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
30 attempts and counting on the crucible knight now.

Once again sorcery has completely cucked me. He blocks all ranged sorcery, I couldn't do even a third of his health bar if I got to stand there and just spam him with every one of my mana flasks.

Don't roll sorcery, just don't. It's actually making me hate this fucking game so much because 70% of my character is useless the second you are dealing with any kind of harder enemy. You're reduced to a completely gimped sword/rapier character on basically every boss and it's fucking awful.
I bitched that bitch with arrow cheese. You can get in a quick shot right after his little upward stab, then you have to immediately roll like a retard out of range again. Rinse/repeat. You HAVE to do it slightly to his right/your left though, otherwise his shield blocks it. Farmed up 200 arrow mats and plinked him to death with a longbow. His loot pissed me off, lol.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
EDIT: I was not trying to post anything spoilery. This piece is right near the starting area.

There's basically an entire underdark in this game. God damn.

Last edited: