Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Debating if I should immediately NG+ and see what’s different or run around doing everything I can...
Ha I've been really delaying that "choice" - I feel like there is just a metric ton of stuff I've missed and hate "finishing" without exploring everything (though I think that's an impossible ask on a first play through here).

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I tried fighting him once and laughed at how little damage he took. Came back and just snuck over there. I haven’t seen any chests be locked out from bosses unless they are locked behind a door.
there's a trick to the fight that's a total throwback to Demons Souls

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Man alive - I'm at over 70 hours and still jacking around the cold area looking for treasures. I've also been playing around with builds (had like 5 larvals for some reason) and some of the builds are so broken it's insane. Magic being the big culprit here but you need 60 INT at a minimum to "break" the game so I'd say not a great way to start. Samurai swords as well particularly the late game bleed sword is just absurd (though all are really strong). The int/faith legendary sword as well is extremely strong and pretty early in the game.

What I'm really trying to find are the higher tier ghost grovewort for my mimic summon - he's already a beast at +8 but I can't freaking find the wort to max him out. I cheated last night to look up endings and I think I already fecked up the "good" ending.....
The L2 on that bleed sword is a PvP killer, I don't see how that stays in the game as is and not ruin every thing. I guess get good at dodging it and backstab punish but it is a true combo and the amount of HP damage it does will outright kill anyone under 50 VIT.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The L2 on that bleed sword is a PvP killer, I don't see how that stays in the game as is and not ruin every thing. I guess get good at dodging it and backstab punish but it is a true combo and the amount of HP damage it does will outright kill anyone under 50 VIT.
Yeah I've seen some vids of it and it's just completely busted - get the bleed, roll away and they just get deleted rofl

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Fishing would have been amazing in this game. Just saying.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've been killing every sheep and ram I ride by in the hopes there's some secret unlocked from killing 10,000 of each

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I've been killing every sheep and ram I ride by in the hopes there's some secret unlocked from killing 10,000 of each

I kill most anything I see if it drops bones or feathers. I'm sure that slows me down a good bit, although most of it is on horseback just dragging my halberd through them.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

Meh, the katana swords were meta for basically all of the DS3 lifespan too, don't see why this would be any different.

The moveset is just too strong for them not to be, so unless they wanna rework the basic physics of the attack patterns and the L2 still nothing will change.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Meh, the katana swords were meta for basically all of the DS3 lifespan too, don't see why this would be any different.

The moveset is just too strong for them not to be, so unless they wanna rework the basic physics of the attack patterns and the L2 still nothing will change.
Ha, meta was basically any straight sword but there was a ton of other builds that shined. Elden ring builds are going to be insane with all the art of war combos but so far that L2 turns you in a boss fight, nothing else I have seen comes close.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That's just a function of the katanas being way too long for a sword class weapon though isn't it? That same attack pattern exists for a bunch of axes/curved swords but it's like 1/3rd the size because they don't have the ridiculous katana blade on them.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Have you defeated all the bosses in the game, or at least the toughest ones?
Nope, ran out of those rune keys for a few of them and may have soft locked myself out of a few haven't looked into them all yet. Will see how many I can knock out today.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That's just a function of the katanas being way too long for a sword class weapon though isn't it? That same attack pattern exists for a bunch of axes/curved swords but it's like 1/3rd the size because they don't have the ridiculous katana blade on them.
I don't think you under stand. Weapon spoilers:

Look at this shit.

and it does bleed.

• 2Mother of God
  • 2Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Fishing would have been amazing in this game. Just saying.

This would have been epic. And I guarantee you how From would have done it. Cast a line. Catch a fish. Cast again, and Jaws the size of a skyscraper pulls you (and your fishing pole) into an underwater abyss where you get your ass kicked, lose all your souls, say “ok fuck fishing until I’m level 99” and you carry on your merry way.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I thought my graphics card was a 1070 ti but I just checked and its 1050 ti so i guess i just need a whole new gaming rig now

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't think you under stand. Weapon spoilers:

Look at this shit.

and it does bleed.

Lmao i thought you were all going on about rivers of blood heh

Yea Malenia is pretty wild in terms of weapon art. I haven't had too much issue with it in PVP yet, but I also run a buckler and it seems exceptionally vulnerable to parries during it's bullshit spam mode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user