Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone else use Bloodhounds Fang? I’ve never heard this mentioned anywhere and it, along with the Golden Halberd, are the only two weapons I’ve leveled up and I fucking love this thing. I got it pretty early and it’s carried me through most of the game so far. It has bleed, good poise damage, a nice move set, good on horseback and attacks fairly quickly.

A lot of weapons I want to try have faith, arcane or mind requirements that I don’t meet. I want to find a good hammer type weapon to level up.

I wish there was an easier way to preview what upgraded stats would be on weapons without using a wiki.
I powerstance it with the Omen Cleaver using Blood affinity. Enemies proc bleed on my 2nd swing usually.

It's nice because the Omen Cleaver Bleeding stat increase with +X upgrades. The Bloodhound Fang seems to stay at bleeding (55) indefinitely.

1647459827851.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I played around with Bloodhound's step. It's definitely an easy way to "git gud" since it makes it infinitely easier to dodge and reposition.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have a cheese strategy on Starscourge Radahn, not sure how reproducable it is. I was able to bug him out and kill him the first time I saw the bug.

So he has an ability where he rides around in an arc on his little horse at mount speed then hits you with his swords.

This ability actually appears to have an infinite duration and has two conditions to end. 1) You are within the attack arc of his swords. 2) You are totally out of range.

So if you are fighting on horseback, you may have noticed that sometimes this ability lasts longer like he is homing in on you, then you probably dash away out of range or dodge it when he starts swinging the swords.

What you need to do is be directly behind him on horseback when this ability starts, you then need to stay behind him and move left/right depending on how he turns to stay behind him.

He will be locked in the ability as you will be in melee range but not in the attack arc, you just keep hitting him with your weapon while he keeps trying to turn and face you. No lightning enchantment, no meteor, total phase skips.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
He will be locked in the ability as you will be in melee range but not in the attack arc, you just keep hitting him with your weapon while he keeps trying to turn and face you. No lightning enchantment, no meteor, total phase skips.
wait for judges to clarify if this counts as gud. the checklists of forsnicken activities will need to be consulted.

• 1Worf

Khane

Almost every boss in this game can be bugged in various ways. Happened to me by chance on several fights where the boss would actually stop moving and attacking completely

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Will the mimic tear spawn and use weapons you equip, even if you don't meet the req stats for the weapon? If so, will they be able to trigger the ashes of war on them?

Pretty sure mimics can't use the ashes you have, and may struggle to use the weapons even if you equip them, just like you would. They have your stats and currently equipped gear/items. That said, they will also copy the effect of your weapons, which is great if you're dual-wielding something like blood weapons, because theirs will have the same raw effect and stack blood procs with yours.

I had the Seppuku ash but never saw my mimic use it whatever. However, I had boiled prawn/crab as a hotbar item, and he'd use it all the time.

Khane

They will try to use weapons they dont meet requirements for but wont actually be able to use the skills associated with them just like you. They should be able to use ashes

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure mimics can't use the ashes you have, and may struggle to use the weapons even if you equip them, just like you would. They have your stats and currently equipped gear/items. That said, they will also copy the effect of your weapons, which is great if you're dual-wielding something like blood weapons, because theirs will have the same raw effect and stack blood procs with yours.

I had the Seppuku ash but never saw my mimic use it whatever. However, I had boiled prawn/crab as a hotbar item, and he'd use it all the time.
My mimc uses Blasphemous WA all the time Sometimes I'll get a lucky string and it does a shit ton of damage.

Fire giant cut scene was pretty fucking metal. That depravity and defilement are truly Fromsofts trademark and crazy themes they use throughout their games.

• 2Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I used blood abilities which tend to use health, so maybe they avoided it because its self-harming? I wonder. I never saw my mimics use the ashes.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I used blood abilities which tend to use health, so maybe they avoided it because its self-harming? I wonder. I never saw my mimics use the ashes.

I'm half awake right now so this may be a dumb question, ashes are the L2 abilities right?

Best one I found for a mimic to use is the Rivers of Blood weapon. Spam the L2 and the mimic also spams the L2, which results in a bunch of bleed procs until you run out of FP.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220316_185943.jpg

20220316_185955.jpg

Anyone know what these two islands are? Both appear to have locations on them. I'm guessing one of them is the intro level that you can warp back to. Wondering if the other is something I missed.

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 403661

View attachment 403662

Anyone know what these two islands are? Both appear to have locations on them. I'm guessing one of them is the intro level that you can warp back to. Wondering if the other is something I missed.

The other is the church of dragon communion island, accessible from the boss room of the cave dungeon on the coast, it had the dual DemiHuman boss.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
So I never actually found the cave where Patches was, crazy too because I found 2 other ones RIGHT nearby, but I found him today at level 102, one hit dropped him to 0%, but thankfully it looks like they made it so the first hit cant kill him.

Crazy how much stuff I probably missed so far. Friend of mine has a sword that procs sleep that I never found, sounds pretty fun to play around with. Guess you couldnt add a 2nd affinity to it since it comes with one, right?

I'm at the Mountaintop area and I feel like I am definitely overleveled. Still having a blast but unless I get bum rushed I can take on normal enemies pretty easily currently.

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 403661

View attachment 403662

As already stated, one is church of dragon communion, where you can turn in Dragon Hearts for the early game incantations. Accessed through Seaside Cave I believe. #2 is the tutorial area where you fight the Grafted Scion. You can get back there (and beat the Scion plus get a good early game named Spirit Ash), by utilizing one of the Belfries at the Four Belfries that need the Imbued Stonesword Key.

• 2Like

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
Absolutely drives me nuts when people put messages right in front of chests and ladders

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Absolutely drives me nuts when people put messages right in front of chests and ladders

Agreed. I'm also not sure why they don't do a system where if you personally downvote a message, it should disappear from your game, and a message that breaks a certain amount of downvotes should be removed from the system for everyone.

• 1Like

Vhars

Vyemm Raider
any of you guys playing with something like the Razer Wolverine?

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Wolverine-Ultimate-Multi-Function-Intrchangeable-Thumbsticker/dp/B074RNL1RX

It's got six paddles/buttons in the back for your useless pinky/ring fingers.

or
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Elite-Wireless-Controller-one/dp/B00ZDNNRB8
719Fuk+hWvL._SL1200_.jpg
I'm using the Xbox elite 2, it's nice but I haven't been able to find a way to remap the paddles on the back, they're just ABXY, it is nice however not needing to take my right thumb off the stick to hit those buttons though. I did have to remove the paddle for X though, kept accidentally chugging flasks.

• 1Like