Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I could have had 1 vigor honestly. Everything he did one shot me, so I just had to not get hit ever. I’m surprised people are struggling with him. I thought he was one of the easiest bosses and I’m not good at these games. You could literally just ride far out and throw shit at him and win eventually. I actually would run in and smack him when I could get a stance break in but I don’t think it was necessary.

1st character I fought him his arrow at the start one shot me. On my 2nd character that was better developed it maybe did 33% of my life, though I basically only pumped str/vigor/end

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Vigor also isn't the only survivability attribute. If you've got 33 vigor at the expense of endurance (and armor) and are using Radagon's Soreseal, you might have less ability to take a huge hit than if you had better armor and used a talisman with specific defense against the hit.

I've heard the equation is
Code:
(Raw Damage - Defense Power) * (1 - Damage Reduction / 100)
Where Defense Power is from your character's stats and Damage Reduction is from your armor. There is probably something to stop you from outright ignoring trivial mob's damage, idk. But the bottom line is that if the above equation holds, your armor starts to matter more when you're taking large hits from an opponent than multiple small hits.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you're talking the meteors and his phase 2 transition slam, I think those are auto 1 shots, but people were getting one shot by some of his regular attacks
Nah, not those. The one where he holds his swords up to charge and then double blade slams the ground, and the purple gravity waves that emanate from him.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had Scarseal on. I found the Soreseal after I completed him.

1647615020747.png

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sorry if this has already been asked, but anybody know if you keep your bell-bearings into NG+? Specifically the smithing bell bearings

Goonsquad Officer
man i like the moveset on this guy's prosthetic leg. i may put some cheaper stones into this and see if it's any good. very fast. has a jump attack:

1647616053459.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sorry if this has already been asked, but anybody know if you keep your bell-bearings into NG+? Specifically the smithing bell bearings

Nope, need to regather them and offer them to twin maidens again

• 1Like

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
You do not. Stock up on smithing stones ahead of time! The patch made them much cheaper! Wish i had known that change was coming before maxing out a bunch of weapons the night before.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
plus you keep all your upgrade weps and items in NG+ right, so really you shouldn't need to buy much if you do a lot of shit in first run. My goal is to have 100+ of every item that bells unlock by the time I hit NG+ so i shouldn't really need to visit any goaols or mini dungeons in NG1

patch 1.03.1 just went out a few mins ago, apparently just fixing some text errors in localizations. small patch, was like 100 megs on PS4/ps5

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It just hit me final fantasy XV with this type of world would have been insane, it is actually pretty close in terms of places to explore just nothing was nearly as good.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I could have had 1 vigor honestly. Everything he did one shot me, so I just had to not get hit ever. I’m surprised people are struggling with him. I thought he was one of the easiest bosses and I’m not good at these games. You could literally just ride far out and throw shit at him and win eventually. I actually would run in and smack him when I could get a stance break in but I don’t think it was necessary.

He was the one boss early on that I actually think sorcery made ez mode. You have fodder to keep his attention while you just unload with rock throw or whatever.

Goonsquad Officer
on the fire giant. first try got him to like 20 percent before i walked into a furious magma pounding and died. second try i was too woried about my souls recovery. a few more tries in and i'm kind of runing out of flask toward the end. so i may have to get gud.

Goonsquad Officer
i hope they do a schollar of the first sin style re-mix of the world expansion

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
on the fire giant. first try got him to like 20 percent before i walked into a furious magma pounding and died. second try i was too woried about my souls recovery. a few more tries in and i'm kind of runing out of flask toward the end. so i may have to get gud.

Trying to scarlet breath rot him enough and time the two breaths needed to do so was more trouble than it was worth for me. I forced myself to do it anyways.

His only truly awful attack is the fast fireball(s) (depending on phase) from range. It is SO fucking hard to not be damaged by either if he does that when you're trying to get back in. Killed him as caster and melee, melee was way easier but I'm not a beam cheeser :).

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Heh, so any landmarks you find during your initial playthrough stay on the map in NG+. Interesting...

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
I'm doing it as super shield and giant smasher hammer guy. weirdly the fireballs arn't bothering me at all. hold the shield up. take a little bit of HP. i keep getting hit with the whole-shield-flat slam. or he puts fire where i'm fighting and i get repeat hit by it. i'm so fat i can't 'roll out of it' fast enough. or i bump into modest sized rocks which keep me in place.

• 1Like