Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can you use summons with the mod? Would be hilarious if everyone dropped demi humans or jar bros all at once

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Can you use summons with the mod? Would be hilarious if everyone dropped demi humans or jar bros all at once
The 5 great shield skeletons would be funny. Melee boss surrounded by 20 great shields they can’t do shit against.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So I went back to get DMGS. Way overleveled the area and it showed until I hit lake of rot. Jesus. That was awful even stacking immunity. But I actually expected Astel to just cave. Actually had to work for it some but so far my least enjoyable fight. Oddly the magic dragon after him also gave me a minor bit of trouble. I could never figure out how to dodge his ice sword or see that stupid ice ball/shard thing.

Anyway, time to try this out. Every time I try something I come back to moonveil. It’s just too flexible. Need to try a rivers or Godskin peeler build next I think.

That's like me with Malenia, I keep going back to that sword even when I try other weapons for a while. So many good options and all of them are fun for an hour or two, then I default back to Malenia.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if you know how it works, but it can actually be harder with more people.

Yeah, I like this idea of having a bunch of people doing co-op. Would like to see 6-person co-op where the boss stats just keep getting adjusted upwards. Hell, do 12-person co-op, it'll be like a raid fight. Stagger-able bosses will be dirt easy though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, I like this idea of having a bunch of people doing co-op. Would like to see 6-person co-op where the boss stats just keep getting adjusted upwards. Hell, do 12-person co-op, it'll be like a raid fight. Stagger-able bosses will be dirt easy though.

Unless their poise increases as well.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
FromSoft really needs to take note of this and add this to the core game. Its not a matter of easy or hard, its a matter of me wanting to enjoy the game with my friends.

Imagine a traditional group. The tank with fingerprint shield, bull goat armor, shabiris woe talisman. Melee dps with either double bonks or bleed/frost. Some type magic user (i dont play them so i dont know really). Add in a healer build for the 4th. Obviously you have to scale the fights in difficulty.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This.

I've been wanting to play through with a couple of different friends, the one time we tried it we just got constantly attacked by dipshits. I think @Phazael had the same experience. It really just detracts from the enjoyment of the game.

As soon as the mod comes out, they're four of us planning to roll new characters and go through the game together. It'll be fun to have people specced different ways, and shit like group heals and buffs actually being useful.

I guess my biggest question is how does the loot work on the mod? Does only one item drop and then you just have to give it to whoever?
I played for a couple of hours with a total of 3 people this evening. Some bugs, but reconnecting fixed them. All in all it was great fun! Everyone gets all drops from bosses, and all runes from kills. Items on the ground could be picked up by each player.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I played for a couple of hours with a total of 3 people this evening. Some bugs, but reconnecting fixed them. All in all it was great fun! Everyone gets all drops from bosses, and all runes from kills. Items on the ground could be picked up by each player.
Yet another reason I need to upgrade my PC, looks insanely good. I would never use it before beating the game, but now that it's done I'd be all over this shit, hope they realize and make an official version so consoles can try it too.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Fuck yeah, that's pretty awesome.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
I now have some regrets buying this for ps5 with that co op mod out now... But then I remember my friends are awful lol

• 2Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I now have some regrets buying this for ps5 with that co op mod out now... But then I remember my friends are awful lol
If you mean awful at the game, they only need to be as good as an ash summon. If you mean they’re awful in general, get new friends.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So been fucking around with DMGS. Didn’t put a dragon stone on it yet, but been dicking around on mini-bosses. My build is not 100% optimized but like 60 int, some endurance, some dex, 50 vigor. Anyway, compared to moonveil and wing of astel this thing kinda sucks.

Gonna go toward sword of knight and flame for a bit to wrap up some caves and shit to try it out and then back to RoB or Moonveil.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If you wanna make bosses of appropriate difficulty where you need for players then by all means go ahead and do that

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Haha, so I realized I never even tried Radahn on this playthrough. Definitely wasn't intended to be fought with +24 weapons, I'm sad to say I died twice before killing him. (Got greedy once and the other time I had no clue where he was coming from in P2).

Note: the running away to skip the pre-phase is awesome and thanks to whoever figured that out.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Haha, so I realized I never even tried Radahn on this playthrough. Definitely wasn't intended to be fought with +24 weapons, I'm sad to say I died twice before killing him. (Got greedy once and the other time I had no clue where he was coming from in P2).

Note: the running away to skip the pre-phase is awesome and thanks to whoever figured that out.

Lol rape

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
So I went back to get DMGS. Way overleveled the area and it showed until I hit lake of rot. Jesus. That was awful even stacking immunity. But I actually expected Astel to just cave. Actually had to work for it some but so far my least enjoyable fight. Oddly the magic dragon after him also gave me a minor bit of trouble. I could never figure out how to dodge his ice sword or see that stupid ice ball/shard thing.

Anyway, time to try this out. Every time I try something I come back to moonveil. It’s just too flexible. Need to try a rivers or Godskin peeler build next I think.

Once you go Rivers of Blood, you never come back! Rivers, white mask, Rotten Winged Insignia, baddies just melt. The only other sword I find myself using is Blasphemous Blade, because the Taker's Flame has a nice distance on it to keep bosses away from you, and knocks them down for an added bonus.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So I have been playing a bow build so far. It's been pretty good. Long bow for big damage pulls and short bow for quick melee shots. Ive killed through Godrick and 10 or so random world bosses.

The down side is it takes a fuck ton of farming for arrows since you can only carry 99 of each kind and you spend a lot of cash buying them.

So I am thinking of taking a dex weapon or something as back up I can really focus on. Any suggestions?