Elder Scrolls VI

Malkav

French Madman
Someone forgot to plug in his brain and didnt realize the video was just clickbait.

Do you also get tricked by phishing e-mails?

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
LMAO do people understand that the game is gonna be made using their 20 year old inhouse built engine. Oh wait, Todd said there's gonna be a new engine and when asked about details of the engine it turns out it's just another layer on top of their old engine masking how out of date it is when it comes to performance and fidelity.

• 1Truth!

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Someone forgot to plug in his brain and didnt realize the video was just clickbait.

Do you also get tricked by phishing e-mails?
I get what concept is. Just bored, thought the thread could use some pep.

• 1Midwit

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thought this was exciting then noticed thread was 2 years old lol

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, replaying Skyrim SE on ps4pro. There’s mods, but it disables achievements if enabled. FML. Hence I daydreamed of ES VI.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, replaying Skyrim SE on ps4pro. There’s mods, but it disables achievements if enabled. FML. Hence I daydreamed of ES VI.
Playing SkyrimVR on 3090. Nexus mods let’s you keep achievements. Truly amazing experience in 8k.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Playing SkyrimVR on 3090. Nexus mods let’s you keep achievements. Truly amazing experience in 8k.
200.gif

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
LMAO do people understand that the game is gonna be made using their 20 year old inhouse built engine. Oh wait, Todd said there's gonna be a new engine and when asked about details of the engine it turns out it's just another layer on top of their old engine masking how out of date it is when it comes to performance and fidelity.
Skyrim looked pretty great when it first came out in what, 2011? I remember people posting photos for weeks of that game's graphics. I suspect if they add the latest graphical gee-wizardry like raytracing, increase polygon budget, better high refresh rate support etc to the FO4 engine it'll look just fine for the modern era. I don't get the hate for Bethesda's engines, just because it's an iteritive engine and granted it crashes constantly doesn't mean the code base hasn't been completely rewritten over and over. The reason we have so many mods for ES games is precisely because the tools and structure of their files have remained relatively constant while they've modernized the graphics to be the best or close to the best for the day of release.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Skyrim looked pretty great when it first came out in what, 2011? I remember people posting photos for weeks of that game's graphics. I suspect if they add the latest graphical gee-wizardry like raytracing, increase polygon budget, better high refresh rate support etc to the FO4 engine it'll look just fine for the modern era. I don't get the hate for Bethesda's engines, just because it's an iteritive engine and granted it crashes constantly doesn't mean the code base hasn't been completely rewritten over and over. The reason we have so many mods for ES games is precisely because the tools and structure of their files have remained relatively constant while they've modernized the graphics to be the best or close to the best for the day of release.
I spent about 6-8 hours trying to get Fallout 4VR looking as good as SkyrimVR. I got this config mod that allowed me to change the ini and AA settings which in turned allowed me to crank supersampling up to god tier levels. Fallout 4 (and that engine) in VR is jaw dropping.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Is this a Todd Howard game? Or random Bethesda copycats trying to make it all "better" because they know better like modern day Blizzard?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Playing some Skyrim Special Edition again. Any recommended magic or must have mods? I'd like to make destruction spells not garbage as I'm thinking of playing a caster.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Playing some Skyrim Special Edition again. Any recommended magic or must have mods? I'd like to make destruction spells not garbage as I'm thinking of playing a caster.
Read my SkyrimVR mod list in the VR thread. All of them compatible. SkyUI very important.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Been way too long since I've touched it to give specific mod recommendations, but at minimum I'd suggest finding a mod that causes Destruction spells to scale their damage to your skill level. If you're inclined to use ward spells for defense, I'd also recommend to find a mod that cuts the mana cost for them. I probably had other magic mods, but those are the two I remember, and they will help to make the vanilla magic feel a lot more balanced.

I tend to use a light touch when modding, so I didn't really use any of the big spell compendium mods.

• 1Like

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>

How deep down the rabbit hole do you want to go?

• 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I pretty much downloaded the top 20 or so mods to start with.

• 1Solidarity

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
This might be a lot more work than you want but I highly (and I mean HIGHLY) recommend this mod configuration. However it took me a week to set it up and that is a lot of work for most sane people.

Dark Lady Lexy's Legacy of the Dragonborn

There is a mod called Legacy of the Dragonborn that adds a shit load of stuff to do in game. This mod pack basically revolves around that mod in adding things that accentuate the LotD mod. It also has you install a shit load of graphical improvements and a lot of the most popular adventure mods. There is a Discord and Youtube installation series that can help as well for anyone interested.

I suggest looking at the Legacy of the Dragonborn mod on The Nexus if nothing else as the mod by itself is fun.

• 1Like