Elder Scrolls VI

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Playing SkyrimVR on 3090. Nexus mods let’s you keep achievements. Truly amazing experience in 8k.

I can't really do VR unfortunately. It seems like a great idea, but whenever I have to move around, I get that weird feeling that I'm moving when I'm not...if that makes any sense. Get queasy after about 5 seconds of movement. Same thing happens when I sit too close to the TV with high-framerate games.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Here's what I posted in another thread:
<<
Not sure where else to post this, but it looks like Elder Scrolls 6 is taking place in Hammerfell. I figured it'd be Valenwood myself, but Hammerfell makes a lot more sense.

Daggerfall took place predominantly in High Rock, and I think it had a little of the Hammerfell coast, but it wasn't a "Hammerfell game". That province has been largely untapped by main-series ES, and borders Skyrim, so it makes total sense that it'd be their next zone.

I'm wondering when they'll stop being allergic to the southern hemisphere of Tamriel though. They have 3-4 more games to mine out of the continent after this next one. ESO has kinda killed a lot of the buzz I had for seeing the full ES world since, well, it now exists in game form somewhere. But I wanted to see it all in single-player, heavily in-depth games like the first five.
>>

Thinking on it more, it seems pretty likely to me that this is gonna be Hammerfell + High Rock. The trailer looks like High Rock, and it'd need to include Hammerfell to be a full-sized game.

If this ends up being true, I'd like to see ES7 also be a combination game. Valenwood + Elswehr would be a really interesting situation. Could start on either side of the map and do the two areas in either order, something like that. I'd also like to see a game that combines Black Marsh with the southern half of Morrowind that wasn't included in ES3.

Then again, back in 2013-2015 when I was super into the Elder Scrolls series, I thought we'd be playing ES7 by like 2021. Looking at their slowness now, we'd be lucky to see the rest of the ES world in single-player games by 2040, if ever. Seems like ES Online basically cannibalized the entire Tamriel concept to make it an MMO...which is something I would have been a lot more into 20 years ago, but now I just want to see more of the normal series pan out.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I can't really do VR unfortunately. It seems like a great idea, but whenever I have to move around, I get that weird feeling that I'm moving when I'm not...if that makes any sense. Get queasy after about 5 seconds of movement. Same thing happens when I sit too close to the TV with high-framerate games.
VR definitely not for everyone

also to help eliminate that you turn the ceiling fan on high or set a box fan close by on you. Stay hydrated and the sickness goes away.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I'm just interested in finding out what the mod support will be for this. Mods are what turned a decent Skyrim into arguably one of the best RPGs ever. I have a feeling, from what they've been doing to the modding community these past 10 years, that they will try and reduce the modability of the game, cos that's the kind of stupid shit I have come to expect from big title game devs these days.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm just interested in finding out what the mod support will be for this. Mods are what turned a decent Skyrim into arguably one of the best RPGs ever. I have a feeling, from what they've been doing to the modding community these past 10 years, that they will try and reduce the modability of the game, cos that's the kind of stupid shit I have come to expect from big title game devs these days.
I mean, you knever know, but I dount they would fux with their modding community which singlehandedly made their games thrive not only in replayability but sales for decades after.

• 1Double Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm gonna play Morrowind for the first* time ever later this Summer when/if time permits (it might not). Looking forward to it, though the slow runspeed scares me a little.

* - I played some of it on Xbox back in the day and the loading times did me in.

Have it on PC as a part of the Elder Scrolls boxset that I bought a few years ago.

Any mod suggestions?

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I mean, you knever know, but I dount they would fux with their modding community which singlehandedly made their games thrive not only in replayability but sales for decades after.
Have you MET modern gaming??

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I'm gonna play Morrowind for the first* time ever later this Summer when/if time permits (it might not). Looking forward to it, though the slow runspeed scares me a little.

* - I played some of it on Xbox back in the day and the loading times did me in.

Have it on PC as a part of the Elder Scrolls boxset that I bought a few years ago.

Any mod suggestions?
If you're planning to do a mage build, then at least grab yourself a magicka regeneration mod of some sort. That shit will get infuriating otherwise.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
F0C6C297-B93B-48AD-87D0-695098F72B86.jpeg

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Any mod suggestions?

You could just wait for the Morrowind Skyrim port.

Last official update was Summer 2021.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You could just wait for the Morrowind Skyrim port.

Last official update was Summer 2021.

Yeah Pantheon will be out before that probably.

A lot of these guys half ass these mods and put out videos in hopes ofgetting picked up like Dice did by EA.

I got blocked by the Twitter of the Fallout 4 New Vegas guys because they haven’t put out anything in 5 years but crap costume tweets.

read this tweet at the bottom

More power to them but don’t expect any of these to come out.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Port mods like morrowind to skyrim are kinda dumb anyway. Part of the appeal and nostalgia is the jank ass engine.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was considering waiting for Skywind. I think I'd rather play it as designed though, in-era, like I did with the others.

Unfortunately I didn't get to it this Summer. Maybe next one. I've got like 20 games ahead of it on my itinerary at this point. When a game is super-long like that it's difficult to find room for it.

I've been putting off a Morrowind playthrough since I got the (very nice btw) ES series box set in 2014. At this point the main question is what'll happen first, my Morrowind playthrough or Elder Scrolls VI.

• 1Pathetic

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well ES 6 wont be coming out for a long fucking time. Unless they have a vast team dedicated to it. Unfortunately Bethesda is kind of one game at a time company unless they job the shit out, and from what Ive been hearing through the grapevines is they dont like to job out shit anymore because of Fallout NV. Yeah Fallout NV was a great game, some say it was the best of the series, but I guess Obsidian and Bethesda had some falling out. Not sure the back story its just what I heard. Maybe someone could expand on this if they know why. But anyway, Bethesda is kinda busy with StarSector right now and probably is dedicating most of their resources to this game.

In reality I dont know why they chose to make a new game like Starsector insted of concentrating on their bread and butter of the last 20-30 yrs which is ES, and Fallout franchises. Shit Todds new baby, Starector began work right after Fallout 4 in 2015. 8 fucking years ago! And one of the reasons Fallout 76 had no direction....

"A couple of sources Kotaku spoke with didn’t feel that the teams had a coherent direction for what was supposed to be during its initial three-year development cycle. According to one source, Howard was supposed to be in charge of the game, but he spent most of his time working on Starfield, which reportedly started development after Fallout 4 shipped in 2015. One source told Kotaku that his subordinates would call it “seagulling” when he would “fly by later and shit all over an idea” that had popular traction within the design team."

Bethesda seems like they do best when they do one game at a time with Howard full time as the overseer. And that unfortunately leads to 7-10 yrs between major releases. 76 was the only stepchild and it shows. I mean its decent now but it took them a few years to fix the shit into a semi decent live service game. Plus now they have a different studio, Double Eleven, doing content for them too.

Last edited:

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I guess Obsidian and Bethesda had some falling out. Not sure the back story its just what I heard. Maybe someone could expand on this if they know why.
My memory of this (which is pretty iffy since it was quite a while ago) - Bethesda pressured Obsidian to release the game when it wasn't finished so they had to cut a lot of QA which is a contributing factor to why it was so buggy (although Obsidian games are generally pretty buggy). A large part of Obsidian's compensation for this project was a bonus based on metacritic reviews, and NV missed out on the target by like 0.1 or something like that, which meant that the early release pressure directly cost Obsidian a lot of money.

Caliane

Well ES 6 wont be coming out for a long fucking time. Unless they have a vast team dedicated to it. Unfortunately Bethesda is kind of one game at a time company unless they job the shit out, and from what Ive been hearing through the grapevines is they dont like to job out shit anymore because of Fallout NV. Yeah Fallout NV was a great game, some say it was the best of the series, but I guess Obsidian and Bethesda had some falling out. Not sure the back story its just what I heard. Maybe someone could expand on this if they know why. But anyway, Bethesda is kinda busy with StarSector right now and probably is dedicating most of their resources to this game.

In reality I dont know why they chose to make a new game like Starsector insted of concentrating on their bread and butter of the last 20-30 yrs which is ES, and Fallout franchises. Shit Todds new baby, Starector began work right after Fallout 4 in 2015. 8 fucking years ago! And one of the reasons Fallout 76 had no direction....

"A couple of sources Kotaku spoke with didn’t feel that the teams had a coherent direction for what was supposed to be during its initial three-year development cycle. According to one source, Howard was supposed to be in charge of the game, but he spent most of his time working on Starfield, which reportedly started development after Fallout 4 shipped in 2015. One source told Kotaku that his subordinates would call it “seagulling” when he would “fly by later and shit all over an idea” that had popular traction within the design team."

Bethesda seems like they do best when they do one game at a time with Howard full time as the overseer. And that unfortunately leads to 7-10 yrs between major releases. 76 was the only stepchild and it shows. I mean its decent now but it took them a few years to fix the shit into a semi decent live service game. Plus now they have a different studio, Double Eleven, doing content for them too.
Starsector has been in development since 2010.
Starsector

(I know you meant Starfield)

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
My memory of this (which is pretty iffy since it was quite a while ago) - Bethesda pressured Obsidian to release the game when it wasn't finished so they had to cut a lot of QA which is a contributing factor to why it was so buggy (although Obsidian games are generally pretty buggy). A large part of Obsidian's compensation for this project was a bonus based on metacritic reviews, and NV missed out on the target by like 0.1 or something like that, which meant that the early release pressure directly cost Obsidian a lot of money.

It got pretty low scores when it was released and was surprised when i found out people think of it as one of the best.