Elementary

Archangel_sl

shitlord
I'm unsure what I think of it...I *really* love Cumberbatch's Sherlock (and Robert Downey, Jr.'s) but I think I like the premise of how these two versions of Holmes and Watson come together better. Making one character female definitely changes the dynamic. Hmm. I wonder if they ever toyed with the idea of making Holmes the female one?

Mir_sl

shitlord
I've loved the show so far, which I am a little surprised by. I guess I just didn't expect much and thought it would be really cliche. I guess my only question is if anyone else is concerned with Watson being female leading to an inevitably different dynamic between the two of them. I just don't trust network TV to not turn this into a will-they-wont-they relationship and that seems really fucking boring.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
All I know is if the brits find out that we made a sherlock holmes show where sherlock fucks watson we will be laughing stpcks

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I trust them to not go the cliched route and actually keep Holmes/Watson apart. The moment they do anything else kills the series stone dead.

I was disappointed Vinnie Jones wasn't actually Moriarty, it was so completely against type it had me looking forward to watching it. Still, it was somewhat interesting and hopefully he will show his face again.

Krag

Peasant
Maybe it's a double bluff and Vinnie Moriarty just hired someone to kill Irene!

/not really

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What moron thought it was a good idea to shoehorn a new episode of elementary after the superbowl tonight? Even if you ignore power outage its still hella late to air a new episode of a show that isnt in its own timeslot. And especially a show which is serialized like elementary.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
What moron thought it was a good idea to shoehorn a new episode of elementary after the superbowl tonight? Even if you ignore power outage its still hella late to air a new episode of a show that isnt in its own timeslot. And especially a show which is serialized like elementary.
The spot directly after the Superbowl is huge. House got it a few years back and it like tripled the ratings for that 1 episode. If they want the show to get exposure then this is a great time to do it. Tons of people will check the show out following the SB that have likely never seen it before. Maybe getting some new fans.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well ok, that makes sense. Still if I wasnt watching the game I wouldnt have known it was on. Though admittedly id still look for the mentalist which is very similar to elementary.