Elementary

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
sherlock and elementary are two very different shows. sherlock is a dynamic neo noir mystery show that exists on a different dimension. this show is a more meat and potatoes whodunnit with the twist being that it has the sexiest watson ever.
smile.png
Depends on your aesthetics, but I agree.

Malkav

French Madman
A few good lines in the last episode.

I had to laugh at the "I was bitten by a radioactive detective."

Goatface

don't know if anyone else is still watching, but enjoyed this season for the most part
looks like next season will only be 13 episodes and most think it will be the final

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I still watch it and enjoy it.

Unfortunately, there are only so many situations you can manufacture for Holmes and Watson.

Johnny Lee Miller is my favorite Holmes of all time, though. I like how he plays the addict and wish they would have explored that side more. Also, they should have had way more interaction with the female Moriarty. Her hands in more situations would have made the show more interesting.

Szlia

I still religiously watch this. I love that most episodes feel like they picked three topics out of a hat and dared themselves to craft a story that makes sense with all three. The balance between investigation and personal drama is also very well done.

Not a huge fan of the two parts final though. I guess you can't do a season of The Wire in two episodes!

Goatface

CBS has picked up more episodes of “Elementary” for the show’s yet-to-debut sixth season.

The network initially ordered 13 episodes for 2017-18 with the intention to launch it after the midway point of the season. It has added eight more, for a total of 21.

CBS hasn’t released any midseason schedules yet, but the beefing up of “Elementary’s” episode count suggests it will be on the air in the relatively near future.

The news comes just a couple days after the network said it would stop freshman series “Wisdom of the Crowd” after 13 episodes. “Elementary,” which aired on Sundays last season, could fill that spot without CBS having to make too big a promotional push.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like Elementary has gotten better every season, to the point where I'm skeptical season 6 can keep up. Opposite of Sherlock where it started off strong and face planted into terrible by the end. Still gonna look forward to it though.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Lucy Liu is still amazingly hot, so I will watch this until it ends no matter what. The excellent cast, stories, and all around fun plots don't hurt either.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
CBS has picked up more episodes of “Elementary” for the show’s yet-to-debut sixth season.

The network initially ordered 13 episodes for 2017-18 with the intention to launch it after the midway point of the season. It has added eight more, for a total of 21.

CBS hasn’t released any midseason schedules yet, but the beefing up of “Elementary’s” episode count suggests it will be on the air in the relatively near future.

The news comes just a couple days after the network said it would stop freshman series “Wisdom of the Crowd” after 13 episodes. “Elementary,” which aired on Sundays last season, could fill that spot without CBS having to make too big a promotional push.

Seems like a pretty weird thing to do, jamming 21 ep in only half a season?
Thought I read that this season was possibly the last season too, which is what I thought the reason was for the shorter season was for.
Still love the show and Lucy Liu, hopefully it gets another season with maybe a final arc to finish it out other than the case of the week.

Goatface

my guess they are going to run them straight without the normal breaks.
last season they skipped around 8 weeks

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lucy Liu is still amazingly hot, so I will watch this until it ends no matter what. The excellent cast, stories, and all around fun plots don't hurt either.
I dunno if it's wardrobe or just her getting comfortable in the role but I swear she gets more attractive every season too. I am not into her in season 1 at all but season like 4 and 5? So would

Goatface

i was sad when she got her own apt, those morning shots of her in shorts making coffee were always a highlight

Goatface

"Elementary" to End CBS Run After Season 7

“Elementary” is coming to an end on CBS, Variety has confirmed.

The procedural will wrap up following its upcoming seventh season on the broadcaster, which does not currently have a premiere date. All 13 episodes of Season 7 have been shot. According to an individual with knowledge of the situation, the network and producers came to the conclusion to end the show after it was renewed back in May.

“Elementary” has been a workhorse for CBS since its premiere in 2012. The drama stars Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu in a modern-day spin on Sherlock Holmes’ mysteries, with Miller playing Holmes to Liu’s Watson. “Elementary” is steered by showrunner Robert Doherty who exec produces with Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly, Bob Goodman, Jason Tracey, and Robert Hewitt Wolfe. CBS Television Studios produces

The series has been shuffled around to several different time slots during its run. It initially aired on Thursdays for its first three seasons before splitting its fourth season between Thursdays and Sundays. Season 5 aired on Sundays as well, with Season 6 airing on Mondays. Season 6 also saw the show move from the fall to summer. Season 6 was originally 13 episodes before CBS extended the order to 21.

Deadline first reported the end of “Elementary.”

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
when they moved the timeslot and i tuned in to watch on thursday and it wasnt there, thats when i lost interest in watching it. on sundays there is a bunch of other stuff to watch and i wasnt going to ditch my regulars.

Szlia

The bumping of this thread made me realize I missed season 6, so I watched it over the past couple days. Still a nice show with some clever writing , but it felt a little bit on rails as it did not try to do much with the formula they established. Also the season spanning story had an interesting premise but did not deliver as much as one could have hoped. I guess it also kinda got diluted when the season went from 13 to 21 episodes. I'll still watch season 7. The fact it is supposed to be the final season along with the situation at the end of season 6 could lead to something interesting.

PS: Is there a good synonym for season? The same word twice per line is a bit much....