Embers Adrift

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
No I got in a day early for buying early. Alpha buyers got in a couple days ago I think.

BTW I was not a duelist in beta, I was a sentinel. I'm thinking about it though. I'm only 5 so have time to decide.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Cool hopefully when the flood gates open shortly it is smooth but we all know how it is going to go...

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Okay, this game is really good. Unsure how long that will last but I'm having a blast.

Edit: I'm surprised more EQ guys on this forum aren't playing it. Really scratches the itch.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

Is this like a class based mmo with heals tanks and deeps? or what?

Yes, you start one of 3 basic classes (Tank, Support or DPS). At level 6 you pick your actual class, I believe there are 3 per base class.

I'm really loving this game, night time is a huge pain in the ass as well.

Hekotat

Breakdown of all the classes. Infographic of all the spells/skills you get.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. Definitely enjoying it so far. It scratches that itch if you're into that older slower style of RPG.

Hekotat

Played for 10 hours straight without really realizing it. I hope this game gets more traction because no one I talked into playing it today had even heard about it and they're loving it as well.

EDIT: After 10 hours I'm level 6, lol. I did help run a few people through some lower level stuff to catch them up. But I was still getting XP. Mobs and chains are hilarious even though they leash.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I only got to 6 as well starting a day early

The quests are all new to me. Some of them have variations so when a friend needed to find grain I took him where I found mine, but his directions were completely different. Oops.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

I only got to 6 as well starting a day early

The quests are all new to me. Some of them have variations so when a friend needed to find grain I took him where I found mine, but his directions were completely different. Oops.

I've noticed some quests are class specific.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Smooth launch day, no crashes or disconnects, most complaints are game runs like shit but in potato mode I have no issues.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw a Fire of Heaven tag. Did you all start a guild or did somebody snake it?

Hope this has legs. Old school still works for me.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saw a Fire of Heaven tag. Did you all start a guild or did somebody snake it?

Hope this has legs. Old school still works for me.
Wouldnt be surprised. Watched that streamer that was linked for a couple minutes and I felt like EverQuest was talked about every other sentence.

I dont like how characters look like theyre floating in this game. No idea why thats such a huge turn off for me, but everyone just looks like theyre sliding all over the place and jumping looks like theyre glued to the ground. Other than that, it does look entertaining.

Hekotat

My performance is fine with shadows and grass turned down. Running on high at 1440. Shit is fun.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Larry had shadows off and I noticed the floatiness too. Even on my potato machine I have shadows on. It fixes that for the most part but I'm still annoyed at fences I can't jump over that it looks like I should be able to. I made myself super tall though.

For my old 980 card it is fill bound so I run at 1080. I turn off grass as well so I can better see resource nodes.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wouldnt be surprised. Watched that streamer that was linked for a couple minutes and I felt like EverQuest was talked about every other sentence.

I dont like how characters look like theyre floating in this game. No idea why thats such a huge turn off for me, but everyone just looks like theyre sliding all over the place and jumping looks like theyre glued to the ground. Other than that, it does look entertaining.
Lol. Yeah the graphics are not AAA. The environment is good, but some of the animations are a bit wack. Running while wielding a 2 hander is just painful to watch.

But the mechanics are EQ'ish and definitely bring back some very old memories. I know some would say "then why not just play EQ" but that doesn't work for me anymore. I'm done with EQ, still like the style of play though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Lol. Yeah the graphics are not AAA. The environment is good, but some of the animations are a bit wack. Running while wielding a 2 hander is just painful to watch.

But the mechanics are EQ'ish and definitely bring back some very old memories. I know some would say "then why not just play EQ" but that doesn't work for me anymore. I'm done with EQ, still like the style of play though.
The slower the pace of the game, the more social it is.

EQ is Sunday dinner, wow is fast food. Not sure what FFXIV is. Gas station Sushi? /shrug

• 1Worf

Hekotat

You can tell alot of the people playing this game have never played anything like it. Got a group for the first dungeon, you need a group to push through the entrance. They say "we are inside, come on in". Idiots.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You can tell alot of the people playing this game have never played anything like it. Got a group for the first dungeon, you need a group to push through the entrance. They say "we are inside, come on in". Idiots.
Dude just run in and train everything kill them so yall have to run back in together.