Embers Adrift

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I did the creft quest to make a new item but was never able to actually choose a crafting profession. Or I'm missing something really simple, but when I go to the craft tables, nothing new comes up besides the gathering recipes I have.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I think I grouped up with a Hatorade yesterday in the bear cave.

And agreed, this game as basic as it can seem, has been really enjoyable.

I was in that group if you did. Killed it 3 times since one of the members didn't get credit.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
So how does crafting and gathering work? Can I do everything if I have the time and money like EQ, or is it like LOTRO or WoW?

Edit: NM I found the info on their forums.

You can have 3 total trade/gathering skills out of the 9 available in any combo. You must level the first to 6th level to get the second, and both of those to 12th to get the third. No trade skill level can exceed 10 levels above you adventuring level.

So basically to be an armorer, I'd prospect and hoard until level 6 in that skill, and then Hunt and hoard until both skills were 12, and only then could I actually make armor self sufficiently.

Pretty shit system IMO (I'll probably still buy it though)

Last edited:

Hekotat

So how does crafting and gathering work? Can I do everything if I have the time and money like EQ, or is it like LOTRO or WoW?

You get 3 total, your choosing of what options and configuration you want.

Level 1 - Gathering
Level 6 - Your choice of gathering or crafting
Level 12 - Your choice of gathering or crafting

EDIT: It looks like all crafting requires materials from more than one gathering profession.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I gotta be honest. I'm surprised you guys aren't shitting on this. Might have to give it a look.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I look at it this way. A 1.5 hour movie and snacks costs me at least $20.00.This game right now is $30 + $10 for a month sub. If I get 3 hours of fun out of it, it is money well spent.

• 1Like

Fedsmoker

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's definitely an easy target to shit on, but it also is weirdly fun for what it is. I wasn't going to even buy it, but I thought hell, if I can get 30 hours out of it, that is $1 an hour of fun.

Hekotat

All the Youtube videos made it sound like complete ass, I gave it a shot and really enjoy it, as does everyone I've got to play so far. Does it need work, sure. But it's leagues better than anything else out and I've already got my 30 bucks out of it.

Animosity Animosity , it's in development EA type of release.

• 1Like

Hekotat

Runnign smooth as butter at max settings after this fix.

1666052653877.png

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
When hitting up dungeons in this game is it old school EQ style where you pick a camp spot, break in, and then sit in place and pull to the group? or is it more like a dungeon crawl where you're working your way through the dungeon? I know there's no instancing, so I'm guessing the former?

Hekotat

When hitting up dungeons in this game is it old school EQ style where you pick a camp spot, break in, and then sit in place and pull to the group? or is it more like a dungeon crawl where you're working your way through the dungeon? I know there's no instancing, so I'm guessing the former?

More like a dungeon crawl, you could camp areas though. People were doing that for named mobs. I've only done the first one and it's so tight and easy to train other groups and people were sprinting through. We almost got fucked a few times.

The dungeons are instanced, but multiple groups can enter.

Launcher is fucked currently and broke late last night, you can still launch the game through the .exe

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Yup money well spent. Only a couple of gripes, but overall I am having fun, and that's all I was looking for.

Hekotat

This is one of the few games that I have zero complaints about, my only real gripe is how jittery the camera is when you try to find the planet to get your bearings.

• 1Seriously?

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
Ok. I'm considering this, but I think I'm going to hold off for a couple of weeks and see if your positive impressions hold up. I really would like this to be great, but history suggests caution.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users