Emulators/Roms

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
so what are the odds someone here has one of theseAmazon.com: GC Controller Adapter for PC: Computers Accessoriesand knows if it will work with wiiu, because Nintendo is coming out with one specifically for wiiu at Christmas obviously, but if this would work id pick this up now cause id use it for dolphin emulator, if not ima be sad that I gotta buy 2 different ones because im sure Nintendo will do something to prevent theirs from being used on pc.

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The only reason I downloaded PSX was to play Brigandine. Every rom i found would bug out and only allow you to play as one kingdom, and of course it was the shittiest kingdom. I've been all over the emu forums trying to find a working copy, but to no avail. So is there any chance anyone can hook a brother up with a working copy of Brigandine?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The only reason I downloaded PSX was to play Brigandine. Every rom i found would bug out and only allow you to play as one kingdom, and of course it was the shittiest kingdom. I've been all over the emu forums trying to find a working copy, but to no avail. So is there any chance anyone can hook a brother up with a working copy of Brigandine?
Man I haven't played that in probably 15 years. May have to fire up the Ps1 soon.

Im playing a hack of Phantasy star IV called Hellmode something while waiting in queue for archeage, harder fights and added techniques for the characters, its pretty nice. Although its more of a grind, i like it better because fights are interesting, its not a button mash to go to the next fight and mash more buttons.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Did you check public trackers? There are several working copies up that have seeds, just checked.

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Got a link?

I did try all avenues that I know of. However, Im not the swarthiest of pirates.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
In the case of Brigandine its not the fault of the ROM its the emulator. Its one of the few games that never worked well on PSX. Try some different emulators till you find one that works. I forget which one I had to use.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone made RaspberryPi emulation station?

Thinking about making one for our living room. Might hollow out a SNES/NES/Genesis and put it inside the shell with 4 USB ports for controllers. Maybe wire up a power/reset, although that's not really necessary.

I've done a lot of work with them, and I think for $35 + controllers/hubs/misc components it could be a cool little system for when people come over. From what I've heard, the RPi can run emulation up through the 16-bit generation and probably a little more (N64/PSX will be too much for it).

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've been thinking about playing some N64 games lately (Goldeneye, etc). Any recommendations for Emulator and a good site to get ROMS from? Also how well does it port over to the xbox controller?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Project64, and Emuparadise for ROMs. Modern console controllers have more buttons than the N64 did so it works fine, you just have to get used to a different layout.

Whatever you do, do not go to CoolROM anymore.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Mupen64 works great for android as well, OTG cable with dual shock 4 runs flawlessly on my rommed s5. That and epsxe for psx1 games.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
People may not be aware but PSP emulation has come a really long way with with PPSSPP. You have to do very little tweaking to get things running, and I think most of the texture scaling and such is already enabled for you so it looks good.

Crisis Core is pretty zzz.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Going through an old comic book crate and found a Game Players magazine from 1994. Includes a review of Breath of Fire that got an 87% (and $74.99 price). Shining Force 95%, Illusions of Gaia 82%. Poor Rebel Assault only got a 72%. Maybe I'll find some old Nintendo Powers in these boxes.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
People may not be aware but PSP emulation has come a really long way with with PPSSPP. You have to do very little tweaking to get things running, and I think most of the texture scaling and such is already enabled for you so it looks good.

Crisis Core is pretty zzz.
I may have to look at that. I think there's like 1 PSP game I wanted to play that ran like ass early last year when I tried it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not that I don't trust you implicitly, but... why?
They use a downloader now that has been flagged multiple times on AV sites for installing adware and/or malware.

Plus, since the original question was about Nintendo ROMs, it's worth mentioning that Nintendo DMCA'd (or whatever is applicable in the country CoolROM servers are located in) them last year and all the Nintendo ROMs are gone anyway.

Emuparadise's library is still fine, provides direct download links with only a captcha as far as annoyances go, functions with adblock running, etc.

I may have to look at that. I think there's like 1 PSP game I wanted to play that ran like ass early last year when I tried it.
I've had very good success with PPSSPP on both Windows and Android (Droid DNA, so not even the most up to date phone tech or anything).

Played FF Type-0 on my computer (because there's no way you're playing it without a gamepad) and Persona 3 Portable and Tactics Ogre: LUCT on my phone without any major issues. Next time I need a mobile game, I'm going to try Jeanne d'Arc, as I've heard it runs perfectly in the emu and also good things about the game itself.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I did end up making that RaspberryPi "RETROPIE" emulation station. Right now it has every SNES, NES, Master System, Genesis, a ton of GB/GBA games, and some N64/PSX games. N64 games run "ok" on it, but I hear the new RPI2 runs them much better.

Cool little box. Only cost me $35 and it hooks right up to my TV. I use my PS3/PS4 controllers with bluetooth dongles too.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played Jeanne d'Arc on my PSP back when I had one, liked it well enough although it's less customizable than I would have liked. I think Ragnarok Tactics is the one I was wanting to play because that came out after I sold off my PSP.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really wish there was a reliable Saturn emulator so that I could play Albert Odyssey without paying $120 for the physical copy. All of the current ones blow pretty hard.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I just wanted to add Might and Magic 2 to the list of Sega RPG's.