Energy Drink Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
what kind of caffine source are we talking about?

I was a heavy soda drinker in high school. Dew mainly. That turned into Cherry Pepsi/Coke as an adult. When I stopped doing hard labor for a living, the calories started adding up. Diet sodas taste like horseshit, not interested in that, so a few years ago I switched to energy drinks. My philosophy being a can of soda is 35mg caffeine, I was drinking 6ish a day, but that's also about 1000 calories. Well, why not just drink one 160mg Monster and call it a day with just 200 calories?

Worked fine for awhile, but there seems to be some research suggesting peptic ulcers and caffeine tend not to mix well, so I just stopped after the ol' "come to Jesus" hospital stay. It's improved my life in every way. Like I said...I'm just annoyed that most of the delicious beverages have caffeine in them.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
God tier so good

1643669821976.jpeg

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Ordered some new flavors from GFUEL

Orange Cran'thony 7.5/10
Very tart, good orange and cranberry flavors. It's good but pales in comparison to others I've ordered this round.

Summit1G 9.5/10
Amazing Raspberry Creme flavors, way better than I expected and my current favorite. If you love creamsicles, this is the one.

Orange Vibe 9.4/10

Orange creamsicle, perfection and very good flavors. However, the raspberry just barely nudges it out.

SnoCone 10/10
God damn this brings back fond memories from my childhood, almost blowing my fingers off with fireworks, friends and a summer of chasing down ice cream trucks on bicycles. One of my new go-to flavors since they discontinued the sour apple.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Sour Green Apple came back for a limited run at GFUEL and it's already all gone. I really wish they'd make it permanent.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can't believe you guys are still all about the Gfuel. Shit's so bad, and inconvenient compared to just popping a nice cold one out the 'fridge!

:)

Hekotat

Can't believe you guys are still all about the Gfuel. Shit's so bad, and inconvenient compared to just popping a nice cold one out the 'fridge!

Can't beat that price per serving, especially now that everyone got rid of the 2 for 5 or 3 for 6.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I ordered some as a way to save some money and I agree - although I got a stupid "mud pie" flavour. It's not as satisfying as a carbonated beverage

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I ordered some as a way to save some money and I agree - although I got a stupid "mud pie" flavour. It's not as satisfying as a carbonated beverage
That's one of two I ever threw out, and I feel like I've tried almost all the flavors. The Moon Pie one was just not good, and one of the spicy ones just made me sneeze non stop.

Oldbased

> Than U
you guys ever use sodastream or just infuse co2 into gfuel?

the co2 keeps the granuales diluted

i got tired of the sodastream cuz of the gay ass 60oz return, and physically walk into a staples to exchange, so i tried using a soda seltzer that uses 8oz co2 instead

i already use n20 cartridges for my nitro coffee, so it wasn't a difficult transition.

although i learned n20 is like mega more viotile lulz, i grabbed the a n20 instead of a co2 and it almost fucking launch the soda seltzer (it doesn't have a pressure relief)
Sorry for necromancing you.
Due to inflation and shit and my heavy consumption of diet soda and the fact that Diet Dr Pepper isn't 10 for 10 anymore this year and instead like $2.29 most days I am considering soda stream for the first time.
Now I've done some research in the past and more recent and it seems getting spare tank is the best policy and they sell them $15 a recharge or $30 new even with all the shit that's gone down. Syrup and water and exchange would make it cheaper than current prices for sure.
The question is, is it worth it?
Fresher, better? Disaster?
Not worried about exchanges and unless the 60l tanks way underpreform that either.
Just looking to replicate someplace between a generic diet dr pepper and a actual diet dr pepper at a lower than now Biden cost.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Sorry for necromancing you.
Due to inflation and shit and my heavy consumption of diet soda and the fact that Diet Dr Pepper isn't 10 for 10 anymore this year and instead like $2.29 most days I am considering soda stream for the first time.
Now I've done some research in the past and more recent and it seems getting spare tank is the best policy and they sell them $15 a recharge or $30 new even with all the shit that's gone down. Syrup and water and exchange would make it cheaper than current prices for sure.
The question is, is it worth it?
Fresher, better? Disaster?
Not worried about exchanges and unless the 60l tanks way underpreform that either.
Just looking to replicate someplace between a generic diet dr pepper and a actual diet dr pepper at a lower than now Biden cost.
if you don't like the taste from sodastream the company, you can always get from a different company other "syrups" (thats how you'll define the liquid, as a syrup)
dab4db0bd2536c89b477b3b75b36c64a.jpg

as far as the best "value" it's going to be this (it will be more involved)

you buy this adapter
dcf41d6a0b6b409e3d38a7f5938a7388.png

Upgrade CGA320 to TR21-4 Soda maker Co2 Tank Cylinder Direct Adapter with 60 inches High-Pressure Hose, Soda Maker direct Connector for Soda Club (Gauge and bleed valve)

and you buy a 5lb co2 canister, and there you go cheap gas

this should run you 70 to 100$, i would purchase this from a home brew store locally b/c it would be more "food grade", as opposed to it being used as a way to store co2 for paintball or welding, also it would be a good place to recharge your cansiter since again it is more "food safe"

this is only for ppl who drink ALOT of soda, but if you notice you constantly have to go back and forth to staples or bed bath beyond to exchange (you can also do shipping but it'll cost you $$$), then this 5lb co2 canister is an option and will be cheaper in the long run (there are other ppl who get 50lb canisters!!! so your mileage will vary)

Oldbased

> Than U
if you don't like the taste from sodastream the company, you can always get from a different company other "syrups" (thats how you'll define the liquid, as a syrup)
dab4db0bd2536c89b477b3b75b36c64a.jpg

as far as the best "value" it's going to be this (it will be more involved)

you buy this adapter
dcf41d6a0b6b409e3d38a7f5938a7388.png

Upgrade CGA320 to TR21-4 Soda maker Co2 Tank Cylinder Direct Adapter with 60 inches High-Pressure Hose, Soda Maker direct Connector for Soda Club (Gauge and bleed valve)

and you buy a 5lb co2 canister, and there you go cheap gas

this should run you 70 to 100$, i would purchase this from a home brew store locally b/c it would be more "food grade", as opposed to it being used as a way to store co2 for paintball or welding, also it would be a good place to recharge your cansiter since again it is more "food safe"

this is only for ppl who drink ALOT of soda, but if you notice you constantly have to go back and forth to staples or bed bath beyond to exchange (you can also do shipping but it'll cost you $$$), then this 5lb co2 canister is an option and will be cheaper in the long run (there are other ppl who get 50lb canisters!!! so your mileage will vary)
Thanks. I can easily drink 10-15 2l in colder months a month but in summer it's almost double that. Caffeine and all. I drink no water, no coffee currently no teas due to blood thinners and so on. People say that is impossible but I've been like that 40 years.
So you do suggest going the soda/co2 route over buying endless 2 liters? It wasn't bad up till this year, I would just wait till deals, like currently 4 for 5 at Kroger which is 1.25 a 2l of coke/drp but I noticed the nonsale prices went up 40% and this last week was the first time Meijer has ever had a 10 for 10/11th free that didn't include all soda and only included 7up.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Thanks. I can easily drink 10-15 2l in colder months a month but in summer it's almost double that. Caffeine and all. I drink no water, no coffee currently no teas due to blood thinners and so on. People say that is impossible but I've been like that 40 years.
So you do suggest going the soda/co2 route over buying endless 2 liters? It wasn't bad up till this year, I would just wait till deals, like currently 4 for 5 at Kroger which is 1.25 a 2l of coke/drp but I noticed the nonsale prices went up 40% and this last week was the first time Meijer has ever had a 10 for 10/11th free that didn't include all soda and only included 7up.
i mean sure, it's cheaper in the long run, the only issue you'll have is if you like the "syrups", and heck if you just want seltzer/fuzzy water just do that. i had a soda stream for a while, i got one for a friend that used to religiously drink coke and now only drinks fizzy water, and later we did the big co2 tank modification cuz she drank so much water

it's not just soda stream now, there are 2 others sodaology and drinkmate, they all use the same compatible 60ml catridge, you might want to look at those companies cuz sodastream make dirt ugly machines

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
i mean sure, it's cheaper in the long run, the only issue you'll have is if you like the "syrups", and heck if you just want seltzer/fuzzy water just do that. i had a soda stream for a while, i got one for a friend that used to religiously drink coke and now only drinks fizzy water, and later we did the big co2 tank modification cuz she drank so much water

it's not just soda stream now, there are 2 others sodaology and drinkmate, they all use the same compatible 60ml catridge, you might want to look at those companies cuz sodastream make dirt ugly machines
Looks like even Philips got into it. A bit cheaper than others and small.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I ended up with the Sodastream Terra. It's not the most advanced anything but it uses the quick disconnect co2s.
I ordered it through bedbath and beyond to get a almost sold out special kit.
Comes with unit, 1 co2, 3 1 liter SE bottles and some flavors all for $99. Stacked coupons and a deal credit from survey site to get a 2nd co2 bottle and 8 diet dr petes free.(82 liters of sauce)
bought cherry bubbly as well.
Lots of shit for $115 shipped in the end.
Still not sure on water. I have many many many 2.5 gallon spring waters in case Zombieland happens, so I am going to try that before buying shitloads of distilled. I did order a Pur 28 cup water filter bin so I am going to purify the spring water( and use that to chill the water too ).
It all comes together Friday. Lanx Lanx

Nice thing is with the deal I will already about break even just on the initial few months of this supply. Then I will only have to pay half price to swap co2 and just buy flavors. They got some energy and other flavors I am interested in as well and Shelly drinks of Ale8 Cherry and Bubly cans and those are even more expensive than soda. If I can get her stuff she likes, we'll save money off the bat.

If it works out distiller and bigger co2 is on the menu.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I ended up with the Sodastream Terra. It's not the most advanced anything but it uses the quick disconnect co2s.
I ordered it through bedbath and beyond to get a almost sold out special kit.
Comes with unit, 1 co2, 3 1 liter SE bottles and some flavors all for $99. Stacked coupons and a deal credit from survey site to get a 2nd co2 bottle and 8 diet dr petes free.(82 liters of sauce)
bought cherry bubbly as well.
Lots of shit for $115 shipped in the end.
Still not sure on water. I have many many many 2.5 gallon spring waters in case Zombieland happens, so I am going to try that before buying shitloads of distilled. I did order a Pur 28 cup water filter bin so I am going to purify the spring water( and use that to chill the water too ).
It all comes together Friday. Lanx Lanx
why don't you just get ro unit
121cbb80d0d01c45e333a08fa05522c8.png

sometimes this one even goes on sale for 119$

if you want to have minerals in your water, add a post inline mineral filter
8dbfa3c5655057b9014110e6153b158f.png

Oldbased

> Than U
why don't you just get ro unit
121cbb80d0d01c45e333a08fa05522c8.png

sometimes this one even goes on sale for 119$

if you want to have minerals in your water, add a post inline mineral filter
8dbfa3c5655057b9014110e6153b158f.png
Cause we rent and its clear they going to massive increase any month now( told us so last YEAR ) and when they do we outa here.
Also doing this on a desk I just put into office here beside pc.
They make tabletop distillers / RO units that are only like $100 and stand alone, you just fill with water.
We have galvanized pipes from the 60s that are terrible. Like 10 showers I have to remove shower head and get a hand full of rust and shit. Not drinking that shit from tap. Filter or not. ( and it would clog filters so fast it isn't worth it compared to paying 90 cents a gallon for "clean" water. )