Engagement rings

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, 31 to 25 isn't a big deal to me either. 25 means that they're probably out of school for a couple years, haven't been living with the parents for at least as long, and are getting their lives established. They're full on adults by then, or very close. That said, there's no question that mid 20's is a time where people make big changes in their lives and mature a lot, so some 25 year olds might well still be crazy or immature or whatever. But I don't think that it's self evident that all or even most 25 year olds are going to be way more immature or less established than someone in their early 30's.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
As a 28 year old I don't know if someone saying 25 to 31 is a huuuge dating gap makes me feel young or old =\

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Tuco, youre just 28? Fuck man you're still a little noobling. I got T-shirts older than that.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
"barely 6 figures" is more than almost 80% of the country'shouseholdincome. Of course it's easier to get laid when you're making more money. Any other hot tips to share?!
If you manage to stay single into your 40's with no kids and you aren't bringing in "barely 6 figures" what the fuck are you doing with your life?A My hot tip would be to fucking work harder and be a man.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
If you manage to stay single into your 40's with no kids and you aren't bringing in "barely 6 figures" what the fuck are you doing with your life?A My hot tip would be to fucking work harder and be a man.
Are you saying 80% of US households are pussies? Are you a republican?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If everyone took your advice, then you and your ugly friends would have to work even harder to get laid. You should keep this secret info on "just get richer!" to yourself.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Are you saying 80% of US households are pussies? Are you a republican?
No, but 80% of adult males in their 40's aren't single and childless. If you aren't married from your late 20's to your early 40's and you don't have any kids, what the fuck are you doing all day preventing you from reaching your earnings potential? Not sure I see what the excuse is really. If you are uneducated, go to school. No shame in being a late bloomer, but there is every shame in pissing away your prime earning years by not taking advantage of your generous free time - which you should have plenty of seeing as you haven't got a family to support. Back to the original topic - if you suck at getting girls in your 30's, and are under the delusion that girls hold the key to entry to sex - work hard in your 30's, make a little bit more money, and watch the pussy train run through your living room into your late 30's early 40's. Seems a rather sad existence, but that wasn't the point.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
31 and 25 is a huge gap mentally. Trust me. I've tried dating women that young, I have absolutely nothing in common with them. Shit, even most of the 25 year olds who actually have careers think of it as a "just for now" thing while they wait for a man to come sweep them off their feet so they can go back to school to be a fucking nutritionist or personal trainer or some other bullshit. 25 year old women are seriously immature when it comes to financial stability and long term goals.

Is that every 25 year old? No. Is it enough of a majority I feel comfortable making that sweeping generalization? Yes. I don't know, maybe I'm different than most 31 year old single males, but I'll be damned if I end up with a woman I need to take care of because she decided to lose all her ambition at the ripe old age of 25 because she found a man who could take care of her. A 25 year old likely has not been out on her own long enough yet to understand the value of her own self reliance.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
"barely 6 figures" is more than almost 80% of the country'shouseholdincome. Of course it's easier to get laid when you're making more money. Any other hot tips to share?!
Seriously. That's like people being shocked that "insert hot celebrity here" is having men throw themselves at her.

work hard in your 30's, make a little bit more money, and watch the pussy train run through your living room into your late 30's early 40's.
Sure, a pussy train of 30-40 year old women who recognize their declining sexual value, probably have fairly unsuccessful careers, children, etc. Like Antarius said, that shit is like shooting fish in a barrel. If he wanted to, he could go wrangle up 2 dozen of them. He makes decent money, he's moderately attractive, and he has a career. Of course women in their 30s and 40s would flock to that.

Nobody is arguing that men don'teventuallypull even/slightly ahead of women in their older years, in terms of who has more suitors. But, from the ages of about 15-32ish, women can get just about any man they want. Men can't pull tail like that frequently, until their late 30s/early 40s. Even then, it's only going to be the 30-40 somethings that "flock" to them. You're still going to have to put in a lot of extra effort for the 20 something crowd. Not to mention, it's only for a period of roughly 10 or so years(give or take a few)before sexual drive starts nosediving, and at that point, who really cares?

The Chris Rock skit is exactly right. Even women that look like Free Willy have many men completely willing to fuck them. In fact, for a lot of men, low self-esteem and confidence can be a large attractor(which is why so many of us fall for "daddy issues" girls). For women, it's completely the opposite.

Khane

Nobody is arguing that men don'teventuallypull even/slightly ahead of women in their older years, in terms of who has more suitors. But, from the ages of about 15-32ish, women can get just about any man they want. Men can't pull tail like that frequently, until their late 30s/early 40s. Even then, it's only going to be the 30-40 somethings that "flock" to them. You're still going to have to put in a lot of extra effort for the 20 something crowd. Not to mention, it's only for a period of roughly 10 or so years(give or take a few)before sexual drive starts nosediving, and at that point, who really cares?

The Chris Rock skit is exactly right. Even women that look like Free Willy have many men completely willing to fuck them. In fact, for a lot of men, low self-esteem and confidence can be a large attractor(which is why so many of us fall for "daddy issues" girls). For women, it's completely the opposite.
I hope you realize how pathetic you sound. Men in their 30's sitting in the corner of a bar sulking with their drink thinking to themselves "Look at all these stuck up bitches, they think they're too good for me". That's fucking hilarious.

I don't know how old you are but I can tell you, being at/around 30 is like a golden age for a single guy. The young 20 somethings want you, the women your age want you, hell even the 40+ cougars still want you. Here's a little secret you may not know. Women like to be initiated, they aren't going to just waltz over to you for no reason. Even when a man is approached by a woman it's because he initiated her in some way. The way he looked at her, the way he carries himself, his demeanor. The power is in your hands as a man, not the other way around.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope you realize how pathetic you sound. Men in their 30's sitting in the corner of a bar sulking with their drink thinking to themselves "Look at all these stuck up bitches, they think they're too good for me". That's fucking hilarious.

I don't know how old you are but I can tell you, being at/around 30 is like a golden age for a single guy. The young 20 somethings want you, the women your age want you, hell even the 40+ cougars still want you. Here's a little secret you may not know. Women like to be initiated, they aren't going to just waltz over to you for no reason. Even when a man is approached by a woman it's because he initiated her in some way. The way he looked at her, the way he carries himself, his demeanor. The power is in your hands as a man, not the other way around.
You're projecting a lot of shit onto him that he's not saying at all.

Khane

You're projecting a lot of shit onto him that he's not saying at all.
No I'm not. He's saying women are in charge of a man's sexual "destiny". A lot of you guys are fatalists about sex. That may be the case for you, but that's only because of your attitude regarding it. None of this gatekeeper shit is true. Not even a little bit.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never saw him mention destiny...I really think you're misconstruing the message.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sorry, I didn't mean to derail this into a GTBYTT2.0

But yes, My girl is 26, and is mature for her age, and I'm quite immature for my age, so I guess it works out.

Anyways, with the amount of money that I'm planning on spending on a ring (3-4k), it does seem like moisanite would be a viable alternative to a diamond after what I've read about it on the internet. But I'll still have to try finding a local jeweler that deals in it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Antarius, you'll always be my favorite tranny-banging degenerate. I feel like we're in a new era when you're about to get married(and I'm not sure I like it).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Women like to be initiated,they aren't going to just waltz over to you for no reason.
Wait, you just said that womenweren't the gatekeepers to sex, yet you've proven it with this line. I've already covered the fact that women are sex sellers and men are sex buyers. Who do you think holds more power in that situation? You think it's the man? Seriously? She can accept any offer she wishes as the seller. In fact, once she realizes that their are lots of buyers, she only further increase her "price". You, as the buyer, don't have much say over her "price", because that price changes for every seller(obviously higher the more attractive she is, more successful, etc.). You have to hope that your "offer"(money, power, wealth, attitude, demeanor, etc.)is high enough to meet her "price". Now, you can speculate that your offer will be high enough(based on past transactions with a similar commodity), but you'll never really know the true asking price, unless you approach with an offer. I have no idea how you construe this into the buyer having more power over the seller...

Khane

I have no idea how you construe this into the buyer having more power over the seller...
Because it isn't a buyer/seller relationship. It's human interaction. If you approach it as a business negotiation you will leave empty handed almost every time. You aren't selling and she isn't buying, you are initiating human interaction. You are extremely jaded, aren't you married? If you're single your view on women is your biggest enemy. Your approach is obvious and a huge turn off for most women, you aren't a salesmen stop acting like one. Nobody likes salesmen.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Sorry, I didn't mean to derail this into a GTBYTT2.0

But yes, My girl is 26, and is mature for her age, and I'm quite immature for my age, so I guess it works out.

Anyways, with the amount of money that I'm planning on spending on a ring (3-4k), it does seem like moisanite would be a viable alternative to a diamond after what I've read about it on the internet. But I'll still have to try finding a local jeweler that deals in it.
If you're going to look into moissanite, make sure your girl is cool with that. Also, spell check wants to change moissanite to moistness, so check her moistness when you ask her about moissanite.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Mother fucking double post, so let me add:

Women aren't the sellers of sex. They are just as befuddled and confused about sex as men are. The more confidence a human has, the more they will look for what they perceive as a higher standard of mate. Men or women.