Epic Seven

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Finally said F it and stripped all my best gear off my units and did Abyss 100 with Tam, Iseris, SSB, and Challenger Dominiel. Was a pita, but worth it. Got a Dark Corvus and dupe SS Achates for my trouble. Now I can sit back and drink martinis until they release more.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Pretty hilarious that a 2 star monster can 1 shot banshee 13. All it needs is an armor break and some good gear, no stacking of a ton of debuffs necessary.

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Do you mean something that can solo b13? I hadn't heard of that, curious to know that so I can build it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Do you mean something that can solo b13? I hadn't heard of that, curious to know that so I can build it.
Not solo since you still need to get there and need someone to apply def break, but pretty close. Looks like ~75% to dead with a 2 star hero, so might need a couple hits before this to kill without splitting

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Think it’s worth picking up idols cheer from the dust shop? Don’t have one, but would take all of my dust essentially.

Only 5 star artifacts I have really are multiple duplicates of turd tier ones.

Last edited:

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Idol's cheer is great. It was my first dust shop purchase and made my w11 runs significantly better (faster and more consistent).

In the age of w13, I'm not sure it has the same appeal, and I've never been one to exploit it much in PvP, but I can't recommend against it. Changed my PvE game completely.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah I was going to try for the g purrgis tank route for w13 so I don’t think I’d use it there. Only raid I still can’t do is queen, but not sure how much it would help there. No idea in abyss, I haven’t focused enough on trying different things there to know (on 82).

Related, I’m building up g purrgis, Alexa, TG, and sigret for w13. Hoping that will be enough, don’t have SoS so I wasn’t going to spend the mola or anything to get furious up and instead use TG with JYD and 3 unity sets.

Aevian

Idol's cheer is alright, I personally use other artifacts for my soul weavers. Rod, vial potion, and shimmada's are the ones I use for pve and pvp. If that's your w13 team, then it won't help for that. I don't see a ton of uses for that in other pve things. I think there are some niche pvp things for idols but that usually requires a couple of them. If you're short on dust, I would recommend saving. I think there are a few out there that are must haves if you have certain characters. Elbris is a great knight artifact that works on charles, F. cici, and f. kluri. If you don't have rod for your healers, that's great in a lot of formats. Sigurd's scythe is BIS for ML ken. R&L is huge for thieves. I think those are the only ones that I would spend powder on. Otherwise saving it for a knowledge potion is a good way to go. I was able to get a draco's plate during the collab and used knowledge potions over time to get it to +30. I would do the same if they ever reran SSB so I could get drink. But my opinion is kind of trash since I'm bad at this game.

That team should do just fine for W13. Just need to speed your TG faster than your Alexa and get purgis tanky enough.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Had to pity dizzy, feelsbadman. At least I got a copy of the artifact too, and of course another fucking dupe of an artifact I’ll never use

Qwirb

Yeah I was going to try for the g purrgis tank route for w13 so I don’t think I’d use it there. Only raid I still can’t do is queen, but not sure how much it would help there. No idea in abyss, I haven’t focused enough on trying different things there to know (on 82).

Related, I’m building up g purrgis, Alexa, TG, and sigret for w13. Hoping that will be enough, don’t have SoS so I wasn’t going to spend the mola or anything to get furious up and instead use TG with JYD and 3 unity sets.

I'd recommend putting your TG in speed/unity so that he always goes first after each wyvern attack. His def break is only one turn so if you're relying on dual attacks to apply it your damage dealers will never actually get to attack the wyvern when it's broken.

You should definitely be fine with that team though. I run a similar one with the new song for everyone artifact on my TG which adds even more dual attack shenanigans for quick runs.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'd recommend putting your TG in speed/unity so that he always goes first after each wyvern attack. His def break is only one turn so if you're relying on dual attacks to apply it your damage dealers will never actually get to attack the wyvern when it's broken.

You should definitely be fine with that team though. I run a similar one with the new song for everyone artifact on my TG which adds even more dual attack shenanigans for quick runs.
Yeah I’m going to have to play around with it a bit for sure once I have the gear. Unfortunately with how much gear I’m going to need to swap around I’m probably just going to wait for next unequip Event which might not be for awhile. Probably the single most retarded concept this game has

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So I wasn't going to reroll...

I took a break from this game and just came back recently. I decided on a whim to reroll a few times for the hell of it.

Third reroll scored dizzy and Karin before the selective summon. Selective summon I settled on Sigret since I was getting low on chances.

I then pushed through the adventures path and used free summons chasing the torn sleeve artifact, ended up with Baiken instead.

Old account had vildred, luluca, and sigret as the only 5 stars if note, with Karin schuri and a bunch of random stuff.

The limited nature of the collaboration units is making me want to push forward with the new account.

Anyways, I am just curious if the collaboration artifacts are worth going all out for.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

I took a break from this game and just came back recently. I decided on a whim to reroll a few times for the hell of it.

Third reroll scored dizzy and Karin before the selective summon. Selective summon I settled on Sigret since I was getting low on chances.

I then pushed through the adventures path and used free summons chasing the torn sleeve artifact, ended up with Baiken instead.

Old account had vildred, luluca, and sigret as the only 5 stars if note, with Karin schuri and a bunch of random stuff.

The limited nature of the collaboration units is making me want to push forward with the new account.

Anyways, I am just curious if the collaboration artifacts are worth going all out for.
I’d definitely stick with your new one. Vildred is good but you can replace him with Lena for farming purposes and not lose much. Luluca doesn’t really seem to do much that other heroes can’t do, sometimes better.

Torn sleeve is good really only for modes where you need debuffs on a boss as a mechanic, but since wyvern 13 is one of those it’s incredibly useful there. On the flip side with Sigret (and dizzy if you end up using her) you probably won’t need the extra debuffs.

N&U is good but I’d say not really necessary by any means. Junkyard dog you can get free in the side story and should if for no other reason than it makes farming the materials from the side story faster.

Next collab hero and artifact are released tomorrow night, but should know tonight what the mechanics are. Probably worth saving whatever summons you have left for that

Last edited:

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
No.

Heck, I didn't even equip any of the collab artifacts for a year - w13 was the first bit of content that made them interesting.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to guess the answer to my question is simply grinding, but I've hit the wall with needing to get my main team to 6 stars to continue leveling and it's taking forever to get the fodder units for it. If not for this free spin event giving 180 energy per day I feel like this would take forever and a half to do. Any tips, or is it literally just grind? Also, I haven't used my covenant bookmarks at all, have 205 or something. Should I use these to try to get Dizzy from the current event or save them or what? I don't have enough to guarantee to get her through the pity system right?

Aevian

Typically I don't recommend rolling for a unit unless you can go to pity. But, because Dizzy is limited, I think going yolo to pull is ok. Dizzy does help in some mid-game stuff like in Abyss but doesn't fit into any end game stuff that I know of, maybe some weird guild wars teams. So if you don't get Dizzy, not a huge deal.

Yeah the grind at the beginning is rough, but basically do the banner event, sometimes you get leaves out of them. Also in the side story you can run the higher levels using friend units to help carry your fodders thru getting a higher XP/stam ratio.

Aevian

Yeah the artifacts aren't really used in a lot of setups, maybe some Halls of Trials things, but that's niche. The bleeding artifact is used for some W13 setups, but if you have Sigret, then you're gtg on that. I'd save the bookmarks

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to guess the answer to my question is simply grinding, but I've hit the wall with needing to get my main team to 6 stars to continue leveling and it's taking forever to get the fodder units for it. If not for this free spin event giving 180 energy per day I feel like this would take forever and a half to do. Any tips, or is it literally just grind?

You should be getting 1 unit to 6* per week by playing the game.

There's not any tricks beyond the obvious: always be farming exp.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I guess 1 question I have as far as 6* is should I go ahead and burn the mega phantasma to promote the giga, or should I try to use regular troops? Not sure if i should be pushing the megas to 4* or what

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I guess 1 question I have as far as 6* is should I go ahead and burn the mega phantasma to promote the giga, or should I try to use regular troops? Not sure if i should be pushing the megas to 4* or what

Blue dogs should be leveled to 30.

Gold dogs should be leveled to 40.

Purple dogs don't need any exp.