Epic Seven

Molten Core Raider
If you're building her for pvp, she really shines when paired with Auxiliary Lots. Build her with as high attack, crit damage, and 90%+ crit rate if possible and ignore her speed, build Lots super fast and have him push her to the front. She's built more toward her overall cleave damage rather than her S3 skill delay. The delay is nice, but it doesn't matter if the person is dead, plus, Immunity sets.

Last edited:

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Man, trying to figure out what to trade Baal/Ara for. Hate giving up Ara because her Morale with Tama in Lab is insane, can easily make a bunch of 40+ lab teams. But I don't think I can justify keeping her when IMO she's already falling out of the upper PvP meta before the nerfs and after the nerfs she'll be a lot worse in PvE (Ironically her PvP won't be touched much except for some extremely specialty comps)

There are just too many other champs that give a huge boost in one or the other. Leaning toward Specter Tenebria and ML Ken. Ruele and Vildred are also on my list, too. I think Tenebria and ML ken are more versatile though, and I really want characters I can use everywhere, since I think I'm way over-extended on luck and am not expecting any more MLs hah.

Spec Tene is great for PvE and GW, I have a team with Krau that can really take advantage of her. And ML Ken is good anywhere. Ruele is great for GW/Arena but meh in PvE. Vildren seems to be good for everywhere, anyone got experience with him in PvE?

Molten Core Raider
Hands down the best ML unit to get for pvp purposes would be Ruele in my opinion. She changes everything. She can elevate almost any team. You're right that she doesnt bring much to the pve side of things but you mentioned previously you have Tamarinne, so you don't really need any other soulweavers :p

ML Ken I would think should be the top pick for a damage unit. Arbiter Vildred is great but it remains to be seen how great he will remain. He won't be able to carry teams the way he has been, he'll need help but will still be useful, but I dunno if I'd choose him over Ken. Ken with that counterattack nonsense paired with Ruele is just gross. Not sure I'd jump on Spec Tenebria though, I mean, she's not a terrible unit, there's just so many others that are better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
The ML selector is insane. I'd prioritize my thinking in this order:

1) Dark Corvus. He wins every Arena and GvG match on offense. Hard to build and incredibly niche in PvE (perhaps the hard tower or the world boss?), but he's the strongest offense PvP unit in the game. He's the closest thing in the game to an automatic PvP win.

2) Ruele. Amazing healer for all PvP. Makes every offense and defense team better.

3a) Judge Kise. If you like PvP cleave, she's the best in the game. Fantastic unit on offense.

3b) A-Vildred. The PvP cleaver that scares teams on defense and shreds on offense, plus can be used in b11/a11.

5) F-Cecilia. She's a wunderknight that can be built several ways in PvP (a key to a strong unit on defense). She beefs up your team and is plenty viable in a11, tower, etc.

6) MA Ken. He's a great PvE farmer but in PvP his role as counter-unit isn't scary enough on defense to rate him higher and there are better units on offense.

––––––––––

Choosing any of my top 6 is mostly a matter of priorities and filling in gaps that you don't already have characters for. If you already have a strong cleave unit, then Kise and Vildred become less valuable. If your defense is what's holding you back most, maybe Corvus isn't the wisest choice because he excels in only one area and it's not that.

––––––––––

Who knows if they'll ever nerf ML units like this again, so thinking long-term is important here: who will be most valuable no matter the meta? Arbiter Vildred and Fallen Cecilia get extra points on my list because they excel in multiple areas where they'll never be relegated to your bench. Dark Corvus offense will need a nerf to go away, but with Real Time Arena on the horizon, he'll be hard countered. Ruele is the safest choice and it's hard to imagine her PvP niche being infringed on too much, but already Achates + Chloe are similar enough to her and ML Ravi will have a revive as part of her DPS kit; also I think she's the least fun choice, no matter her undeniable power.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
80 Galaxy bookmarks and all I got was ss Achates and like 5 Celestes/Gunther's/Svens.

Did get ML Ravi from like 10 mystic pulls though.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
same here took a slighty bit more mystic but got Ml RAvi.

On moonlight, no5, but i got ml armin/ml rin/purgiss/Achates/aether.

Aazrael

I still don't have SS Bellona. 33 more pulls until pity. Will do as many free pulls as I can until the last day then maybe buy rank pack for gems/molagoras and get her.

Is Bellona worth it though?

Molten Core Raider
In my opinion she's very much worth it. Her debuffs are insane, plus she is amazing in the wyvern hunt. My Bellona has zero molas, just max level and awakenings and can match the damage dealt with my +12 Luna

Plus, she's a limited unit, I'd never pass on a limit unit if you have the resources to get one.

• 1Like

Aazrael

In my opinion she's very much worth it. Her debuffs are insane, plus she is amazing in the wyvern hunt. My Bellona has zero molas, just max level and awakenings and can match the damage dealt with my +12 Luna

Plus, she's a limited unit, I'd never pass on a limit unit if you have the resources to get one.
Yea it's only because she is limited that I'm thinking of it. Else I would have passed. :)

Still salty I don't have diene but I started during her banner and had no bookmarks or knowledge that she was useful back then.

Molten Core Raider
I wouldnt be surprised if we dont see reruns of Diene, Luna, and SS Bellona banners during the anniversary event that we're sure to have. Game launched globally in November, in Korea sometime before, since everything is sync'd up, maybe it'll be soonish.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
ML Schuri and a dupe ML Zerato from my 80 bookmarks. Burned all my mystics and got Iseria, which I suppose isn't too bad.

Still wondering if I should stick with Baal or not when the recall happens. I have to build tanky control teams to have a chance in PVP due to always losing the speed race, and he's been the cornerstone since I got him.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah i just started to play when diene was released, i was like oh she s a healer... i dont need healers... SOOO regret it. Oh well at least got tama!

• 1Solidarity

Aazrael

Will you be able to recall ml4 also like ML Carmin? Thinking of switching her if so as I don't think I'll use her much.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
ML.Armin is the only ML4 you can recall, and you can exchange her for any other ML4. I'll probably recall mine for Fat Cat.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Might exchange her for BBK then. Not sure though...

Well found a bookmark in secret shop and finally got SS Bellona at 28 left for pity. :)

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I think everyone who recalls ML Baal will regret it

No way. Baal is a bottom-half ML5 unit and that's putting it generously.

Between stripping only a single buff (LUL F. Cecilia teams) and his long cooldowns, he's been neutered.

Will you be able to recall ml4 also like ML Carmin? Thinking of switching her if so as I don't think I'll use her much.

You can recall C. Armin but A. Lots is the only unit that's arguably worth choosing over her.

SS Achates isn't a good enough healer, BBK isn't a good enough cleaver, and Fat Cat doesn't provide enough mitigation. That leaves A. Lots as the only ML4 to consider, who is just the ultimate cleave team enabler head and shoulders above his competition.

C. Armin nerf will hit hard, but for anyone who doesn't have F. Ceci, she's the only teamwide mitigation ML Knight. She owns her niche and while the nerf will hit her hard, she still sticks out more most of the 4* pool.

Aazrael

My 3 latest units out with the dog. Bellona gets better and better as she levels up. :)

Screenshot_20190810-203224_Epic Seven.jpg