Epic Seven

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Molten Core Raider
BBK isn't a good enough cleaver
Gonna have to disagree with this. BBK is one of the best cleavers currently in the game as well as one of the best Arb Vildred killers available. Her multipliers are solid and if she's mola'd up will do ridiculous damage. I will agree that A Lots is (and should be) one of the top choices from the ML Selector but BBK is up there as well and will become more prominent after Armin's nerf, who I feel is going to fade away dramatically. As you say, she's the only teamwide mitigation knight out there, but I feel people will simply build other teams rather than try to continue to make her work. Arena is about to be swamped in speed-cleave teams and Armin wont be able to provide enough protection from it, it's gonna devolve down into "fastest wins" (unless you have F Ceci).

Molten Core Raider
I think I saw they are refunding "Unknown Slates" if you have a hero imprinted. There will be two types, one slate type for 5*s and one for 4*s but I think you can contact support if you'd prefer duplicates of the hero refunded instead of the slate.

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I saw they are refunding "Unknown Slates" if you have a hero imprinted. There will be two types, one slate type for 5*s and one for 4*s but I think you can contact support if you'd prefer duplicates of the hero refunded instead of the slate.
Ah I see. My Crimson Armin is A-grade imprint, think theres at least 2 dupes used but not sure. Will try support and see if I get her back after recall.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Gonna have to disagree with this. BBK is one of the best cleavers currently in the game as well as one of the best Arb Vildred killers available. Her multipliers are solid and if she's mola'd up will do ridiculous damage. I will agree that A Lots is (and should be) one of the top choices from the ML Selector but BBK is up there as well and will become more prominent after Armin's nerf, who I feel is going to fade away dramatically. As you say, she's the only teamwide mitigation knight out there, but I feel people will simply build other teams rather than try to continue to make her work. Arena is about to be swamped in speed-cleave teams and Armin wont be able to provide enough protection from it, it's gonna devolve down into "fastest wins" (unless you have F Ceci).

The problem I have with BBK is there are already so many great cleavers in the game that BBK is one among many.

Yes, she's a top-tier cleaver, but she doesn't stand out compared to the rest enough to give up C-Armin. I stand by my opinion the only time to give up C-Armin is when you either have F-Ceci or need A-Lots to enable your cleave.

BBK could be a 5* unit with the strength of her kit and no one would complain, but there are already plenty of great cleavers in this game and you only need to gear up one. Trading C-Armin for BBK is too short-sighted.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Shelving ML Ravi; to many other people who would get more bang for their buck for mola investment. Honestly will imagine a buff to her, they actually ninja nerfed her on release, they took down all her multiplers that were already in game when they made her pullable. Its very evident as her damage is extremely lack luster, her awakenings are horrible, her 2nd ability return on mola investment is about the worst thing ive seen on any 5 star.

Got Coli from refunds and loving her already as part of a fast speed team of A.lots, Coli, Cidd (+10 speed imprint), and Baiken (A.lots boost target). She would be a monster with S3 invested in but for now i am saving my few mola (down to 12) and going to go all in on ML Cecil and ML Kise when i trade in Baal/Ara. Will + 15 ML Cecil and get S2/S3 of Kise maxxed, i should have enough mola from ML Ara and Baal mola to max ML Cecil off the bat so just need to get enough for Kise.

So want to pick up ML ken/Ruele but end of the day ML Cecil will be the most disruptive defense person in arena after Armin nerfs. That is 3-4k shield to chew through X 4 plus every turn, a buff to eat ML Baal dispel to keep immunity safe basically making ML baal useless as fuck, 100% provoker with E.Sword is extremely disruptive especially to people who SB/get extra turns like Baiken/Kise etc. For teams running Iseria+_TAM + double dps its very strong because her S3 mola'd and high HP with just some investment on side in crit literally does 50% of squishies health off the bat plus S1 hits hard.

Judge Kise, self explanatory but best cleaver in game with dispel + monster damage modifer on S2 against 4 people (37.5% damage increase) followed by pretty much the most deterimental ability in the game with -3 CD since you can't cleanse it. Wish i had ludewig to clean up afterwards but alas, the one that got away. Will be going Iseria > TAM > Judge Kise > and fill in the blank but most likely baiken who should be able to delete 1-2 people still alive and further CR push in combo with TAM who i run tomb with for 80% self CR. Speed defensive teams are the only chance but i can say maybe 10% of current champion 3 to Legendary are speed focused, everyone is tank heavy. May change abit with nerfs to Armin as 15% more damaging getting through does add up.

I didn't pvp at all last week and let myself drop nice and low for a good run back up the ladder this week and jfc i can not tell you the gap from low challenger to champ 1/legendary. My wife finally made a push and got to champ 1 and is staying around champ 3 with a ludewig cleave team but she complains all the time saying she wants to tank and go back to challenger because she can't 1 shot 1 person anymore where she used to go 5-10 matches in a row easy just killing everyone including tanks.The gear some of these fuckers just is insane, getting out speed by ML Cecil with 26k hp who goes and does half my teams HP in 1 move just makes baby jesus cry.....I made it up to rank #67 in legendary but my def team didn't have a win since champ 3 or so haha so just couldn't sustain it and fell out of contention with 1 offesnive loss 5 minutes to go to a team of ML Ruele, ML Armin, ML Cecil and ML ken witht he most insane gear ive ever seen. I couldn't manage to 1 shot ML ken with ML schuri some how and he proceeded to 1 shot my entire team. Baiken does insane turn 1 burst but sadly needs combo and dies to a strong Ken before combo finishes.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
i need help for my cleave team. So i got aux Lot, Judge kise, was thinking Sea Bell, and either bellona/ken for defense. Not sure if there are better units? maybe get BBK instead of 1 of the bellonas? What u guys think?

Maybe get fallen ceci? Was thinking to get dark corvus as counter for certain pvp teams. What u guys reckon? What would be the best cleave setup?

Aazrael

Did 10 more pulls after getting SS Bellona and got her artifact. Time to start saving again.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
i need help for my cleave team. So i got aux Lot, Judge kise, was thinking Sea Bell, and either bellona/ken for defense. Not sure if there are better units? maybe get BBK instead of 1 of the bellonas? What u guys think?

Maybe get fallen ceci? Was thinking to get dark corvus as counter for certain pvp teams. What u guys reckon? What would be the best cleave setup?

With Aux Lots + Judge Kise, you shouldn't be needing much more on offense besides two speed imprints.

F-Ceci is one of the strongert ML5 units. She's great, but I conservatively rank her 5th in terms of power (though, since you have J-Kise, I'd bump her up to 3rd); I'd absolutely pick Corvus over her unless you're afraid of what real time arena could bring.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
problem with corvius is i see no value to on defensive teams, just so easy to burst down or ignore where is ML Cecil is extremely disruptive and does good damage when geared well.

He is a beast in offensive teams but so is Cecil higher up.

Corvious is abit more of a nice to have where i view ML Cecil as essential on off/def teams especially after Armin buff. GW maybe slightly different but again unless Corv has armin protecting he is 1 shot material still or kill at the end. I'd say less 1% of teams in champ above ive seen run with a corvious if that.

ML Ken much more vaulable i think because he really ulters play style. When paired with other strong units like Ruele/Armin/Cecil its hard to 1 shot especially if rez potential exists and strong geared ones counter for 10-11k. Dizzy debuffs help etc so always counters but just as a whole it can really allow you to build a full on stall team but still have killing potential. If i didn't need judge kise so bad i'd go ML ken + Cecil or Ruele but Kise cleave is so strong hard to not go after that especially with CD reduction.

#1/2 ML Cecil/Kise
#3/4 ML Ken/Ruele
The rest

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So finished my ML summons from the refund (Like to spread things out). Got ML lots, which opens up a lot of team options I didn't have before..really have to think about whether or not to grab Judge Kise now (Couldn't use her before).

But also got....A dupe Baal. Lol, what are the fucking odds. Now I'm left wondering, will the turn in work like recall where we can only turn in heroes who are max level? Or since we're getting new summon tickets, will we be able to turn in any copies we have? Fucking stoked if I get 3 choice tickets (But it says each hero can only be recalled once, bleh, hope that's not the case but guess we'll see!). Still, crazy I got a fucking dupe lol. (If I get three, one will be Ruele now for sure. Then it will come down to ML Ken, Kise, Vild, Dark Corv...Still really want Spec Tenebria too, just due to her versatility but scared of cleave becoming dominant again, she is shit on by cleave teams--I think she'll be a powerhouse in a defense arena though).

Last edited:

Aazrael

So finished my ML summons from the refund (Like to spread things out). Got ML lots, which opens up a lot of team options I didn't have before..really have to think about whether or not to grab Judge Kise now (Couldn't use her before).

But also got....A dupe Baal. Lol, what are the fucking odds. Now I'm left wondering, will the turn in work like recall where we can only turn in heroes who are max level? Or since we're getting new summon tickets, will we be able to turn in any copies we have? Fucking stoked if I get 3 choice tickets (But it says each hero can only be recalled once, bleh, hope that's not the case but guess we'll see!). Still, crazy I got a fucking dupe lol. (If I get three, one will be Ruele now for sure. Then it will come down to ML Ken, Kise, Vild, Dark Corv...Still really want Spec Tenebria too, just due to her versatility but scared of cleave becoming dominant again, she is shit on by cleave teams--I think she'll be a powerhouse in a defense arena though).
I have yet to get ML5 from Galaxy Bookmarks. Got F Cec and A Ravi both from mystics. :(

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
What would you trade C.Armin and ML.Baal in for? I don’t really have a solid arena team. No aux lots, no judge, no real cleave currently etc.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm considering turning in my Baal for either Kise or Corvus. Have A Lots and recently got Iseria, so I thinking something along the lines of A Lots, Iseria, ML Corvus/Kise and F Cecilia, Tam or Angelica.

As much as I would like to have ML Ken, Corvus, Kise or Ruel would probably help me more.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
i think ill swtich my baal for fallen cecilia, she is just soo nice, and probably switch my challenger dom for dark corvus. Chall dom is rly nice mid game i guess, but right now im not using her anywhere, HM raids she dies too easily if i choose her on dps slot, and PVP pretty much the same (i mean she is nice to 1shot beefy healers/tank IF she survive till her turn).

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I'm considering turning in my Baal for either Kise or Corvus. Have A Lots and recently got Iseria, so I thinking something along the lines of A Lots, Iseria, ML Corvus/Kise and F Cecilia, Tam or Angelica.

As much as I would like to have ML Ken, Corvus, Kise or Ruel would probably help me more.

Easy AF legend arena team: Tam, Iseria, C-Dom, Cleaver_of_Choice.

You want Tam & Iseria on immunity and speedy as possible with Sashe artifact on Iseria. This guarantees your cleaver gets one and a half turns under attack buff and a soul burn. C-Dom also may be able to soul burn, depending on your cleaver.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Easy AF legend arena team: Tam, Iseria, C-Dom, Cleaver_of_Choice.

You want Tam & Iseria on immunity and speedy as possible with Sashe artifact on Iseria. This guarantees your cleaver gets one and a half turns under attack buff and a soul burn. C-Dom also may be able to soul burn, depending on your cleaver.

No C Dom, only cleavers are Sez and ML Mercedes, with Mercedes still at 5* atm. I'm leaning Corvus since I always lose the speed race. I have godawful luck when it comes to getting speed on any of my gear. I also need to farm for immunity gear, but haven't managed to beat Azimanak 10 yet. Need to put more effort in to that.

Aazrael

No C Dom, only cleavers are Sez and ML Mercedes, with Mercedes still at 5* atm. I'm leaning Corvus since I always lose the speed race. I have godawful luck when it comes to getting speed on any of my gear. I also need to farm for immunity gear, but haven't managed to beat Azimanak 10 yet. Need to put more effort in to that.
Could barely do A10 with the units I had. Tried A11 today with Tamarine, Dizzy with Iela Violin, Seaside Bellona and Bellona.

Think one of the ten I tried failed. Tamarine is OP though for PvE. Went from barely being able to manual A10 to auto A11.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Could barely do A10 with the units I had. Tried A11 today with Tamarine, Dizzy with Iela Violin, Seaside Bellona and Bellona.

Think one of the ten I tried failed. Tamarine is OP though for PvE. Went from barely being able to manual A10 to auto A11.

Yeah, Tama is a beast. She's just ridiculous. Destina really needs a buff.

I'd nix Dizzy if you want to speed up your runs (Sorry if you're doing the S1 only strat!). A11 has a mechanic where if he has 3 or more debuffs, he'll dispel them. So you want to try and constrain your debuffs down to defense break and one other, typically buff negation. SS Bellona with just S1 active works, her and regular Bellona together should keep the adds defense broken. But if you don't use her S3, it might be good to get another person with decent AE. (Charlotte is actually pretty pimp on this fight). Tywin and other AE defense breakers are also good.

Edit: Also, if you can drop SS Bellona because you slotted in another good AEr, Sol is probably one of the strongest people on this fight for the boss itself (But you'll need two really good AE chars with him). His S3 strips the beserk buff and he applies unbuffable, which prevents the boss from applying it again (I know SS Bellona has this too, but she applies too many debuffs for the fight). Sol also scales with HP, he's a beast on this fight.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Aazrael

Yeah, Tama is a beast. She's just ridiculous. Destina really needs a buff.

I'd nix Dizzy if you want to speed up your runs (Sorry if you're doing the S1 only strat!). A11 has a mechanic where if he has 3 or more debuffs, he'll dispel them. So you want to try and constrain your debuffs down to defense break and one other, typically buff negation. SS Bellona with just S1 active works, her and regular Bellona together should keep the adds defense broken. But if you don't use her S3, it might be good to get another person with decent AE. (Charlotte is actually pretty pimp on this fight). Tywin and other AE defense breakers are also good.

Edit: Also, if you can drop SS Bellona because you slotted in another good AEr, Sol is probably one of the strongest people on this fight for the boss itself (But you'll need two really good AE chars with him). His S3 strips the beserk buff and he applies unbuffable, which prevents the boss from applying it again (I know SS Bellona has this too, but she applies too many debuffs for the fight). Sol also scales with HP, he's a beast on this fight.
Yea I went S1 only with dizzy. But you are right SS Bellona mess it up sometimes with her s3 applying too many debuffs. Will try with Sol, I got him geared for Golem 11. :)