EQ Classic? Not really.

axeman_sl

shitlord
p99 "kept with full integrity"
In terms of functionality it is. The administration is completely unshakable and hasn't let the playerbase call the shots on anything. That's integrity for a project of that nature. This has caused a few problems of its own (hi broken raid scene), but that's besides the point.

Opinions can vary about the RMT stuff, but that's a different matter entirely and has nothing to do with the context of making sure the server runs and persists. I also think the alleged "deep-seated RMT corruption" that the P99 staff are being accused of is wildly overblown and based on nothing but a guide's name being mentioned in some transaction at one point like two years ago.

P99 has integrity. It's why it has been the most succesful and persistent emu server by orders of magnitude, nothing has ever come remotely close. It's still just a private server being run by a few unpaid dudes, but considering how others have performed under those conditions (YL, Kegz etc.), it seems difficult to fault Rogean and Nilbog. They're basically the only ones who have ever even made a real classic server.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Who the hell is Yeahlight anyway? He sounds like a pathological liar. Getting SOE's approval sounds like something you would do from the beginning.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Who the hell is Yeahlight anyway? He sounds like a pathological liar. Getting SOE's approval sounds like something you would do from the beginning.
More importantly, why does almost everyone in charge of anything in the EQEmu community turn out to be mentally unbalanced?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
More importantly, why does almost everyone in charge of anything in the EQEmu community turn out to be mentally unbalanced?
I resemble that remark.

Anyways,SecretsOTheP/Server · GitHubis where I will be working on finishing a 'classic client' emulator if anyone is interested in continuing the whole 'lol look at the classic UI' thing. It's going to stay open source. That way, if I or another developer that decides to contribute get a mental breakdown the work is not lost forever.

The most important part of this being that it will work in conjunction with current EQEmulator clients so you have a choice of using any other EQEmulator client such as Titanium. With the way the networking code is set up (quite hackishly, i'll admit) you can communicate with anEQ Titaniumclient alongside anEQ Mac or EQ Trilogy client.

First things first, I'm going to write a DirectX7 DLL wrapper that causes the client to not go into fullscreen or convert the application into a fullscreen windowed application. Anyone who was in EQClassic's testing should know that it was one of their major issues - the client not functioning on modern hardware without tweaks being a close second.

I do not know why they were having problems with their network layer, though I suspect it was related to their rewrite of the dinosaur that was EQEmu 0.2.3's Networking. The exact issue? Couldn't tell ya because I don't have the source.

The current client that the source works with is the EQMac client. I am planning to move to the Trilogy client as soon as I can get it out of Fullscreen.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
This emulator community is so weird. I loved EQ but I don't understand what's so intriguing about project 99. My friend convinced me to try red99 (or whatever it's called) a few years ago and there had to have been fewer than 100 people on the server. How is that fun?

axeman_sl

shitlord
Red99 was kinda dead on arrival for a few reasons but P99 has like 800+ online every night of the week. It's a pretty fucking amazing server except for the endgame circus, don't try to raid there.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
First things first, I'm going to write a DirectX7 DLL wrapper that causes the client to not go into fullscreen or convert the application into a fullscreen windowed application. Anyone who was in EQClassic's testing should know that it was one of their major issues - the client not functioning on modern hardware without tweaks being a close second.
Will this be an EQW alternative? I would love you forever if you could make a wrapper that makes the EQMac PC client work more like a normal program and accept input to background windows. Also to fix the movement keys getting stuck problem which is beyond aggravating. Fixing the alt key getting stuck problem would be icing on the cake.

I am curious what you did to the EQW included with your patch. Other versions I tried wouldn't work.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Will this be an EQW alternative? I would love you forever if you could make a wrapper that makes the EQMac PC client work more like a normal program and accept input to background windows. Also to fix the movement keys getting stuck problem which is beyond aggravating. Fixing the alt key getting stuck problem would be icing on the cake.

I am curious what you did to the EQW included with your patch. Other versions I tried wouldn't work.
Yeah I didn't do anything to EQW; It happened to be the right version at the right time provided to me for that specific exe.

I'm working on a DLL module that will apply the effects of EQW while keeping the entire thing natively accepting input. Whether that will work or not is yet to be determined but it's better than digging up EQW which has no source to it.

Secrets = Kegz?
No, I'm not him.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
"I resemble that remark."

Lol I don't think that's the word you were looking for. Classic Fruedian slip.