EQ Classic? Not really.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Still at its early stages. Made a simple application that window modes EQ (yay)

4SRsv.jpg

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
29, didn't google.

Anyway, back on topic. So does Harakari or whoever the fuck have access to all of YL's work?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
YeahLight Speaks

I am not leaving because some socially-bankrupt nobodies were spewing off written diarrhea; I have been tolerating this for years--give me a break. I am leaving because their tidal wave of shit reminded me of the majority makeup of this community (those mostly residing outside of the few dedicated followers left on this forum).

I have stated a number of times that I am not interested in playing this game ever again. The only reason I considered making a server is because there was an expectation for one, but clearly it is either classic content or bust. I do not possess the rights to host a classic content server, the feedback for a custom server was poor and there is absolutely nothing of educational value remaining in the source.

Returning to this after a six-month break is just impossible for me to get excited about now. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Origin

Molten Core Raider
YeahLight Speaks...blah blah blah
This guy is an unstable nutcase. And it's funny that everything fell through after all of the hype started building up over the project again.

Honestly though, the cult like atmosphere on those boards was outright creepy. Big Brother is watching you, to the next level. And as much as i would have liked to experience "classic" EQ again, that shit would have been a ticking time bomb.

Anyways, comments like...

I am leaving because their tidal wave of shit reminded me of the majority makeup of this community (those mostly residing outside of the few dedicated followers left on this forum).
... really make me question this guy's motives. The EQ community has always been the same. Some servers had more, some servers less drama, but on the whole it was the same story everywhere.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Secrets is definitely not Kegz lol. Actually I'd say they are polar opposites.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
yeah, I can help but scratch my head in wondering what did he expect? It is fair to have some hopes that people will be one way or the other but the reality is the vocal members of the EQ community have always acted this way and you just deal with it. Some of it is entertaining and some of us is near intolerable but you just keep going. I think the problem is that there is a decent chunk of the population that have nothing to lose and no accountability. Back in the day you did have a layer that kept some people in check but now, your more prominent EQ figureheads that kept the community is some kind of check have moved on and their friends with them.

I'm not say there isn't plenty of good people still looking for Classic servers or playing on other servers but the inmates are running the asylum in some of these communities. I will say this was a big part of EQMac for me. They had the best people and extremely helpful.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I've noticed that. The totalitarian forum where any dissent of the great leader and his grand works is met with tears and anger.

2 culty 4 me.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Ownership of everything EQClassic related has been transferred to Harakiri. From this point forward, I cannot guarantee communication under my name as legitimate, but you may always verify messages, requests, etc. by sending me an e-mail at[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */.

All private messages have been purged from the database. If you really need something from a past private message, feel free to contact me to recover it.

EQClassic.org View topic - All Hail Harakiri

Tol_sl

shitlord
The PM purge is kind of interesting. The fact that he's willing to recover individual PMs is just weird. It's like he wants to make sure no one has access to it but him. Why not just leave it up unless he has some skeletons in the closet?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
yeah that is the most strange element out of an over all strange situation.

what kind of dirt is in those PMs?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
...(I've been to SOE's office, I can say without a doubt that the SOE EQ1/EQ2 team has no idea what P99 and EQC was/were up until my visit which was 3 months after Yeahlight's proposal...)...
I think this should be absolutely shocking, but somehow its not surprising at all. It's no wonder SoE has no fucking clue when it comes to their own damn game.