EQ Classic? Not really.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
axeman and 2002user fighting again, yay

brb popping popcorn
Nah, it's cool. I'd prefer to be falsely accused as Yeahlight instead of Kegz though. After all, I'm actually an EQClassic fanboy, I can honestly say the only time I ever logged into The Sleeper was for 5 minutes in beta or some shit.

2002User

Harakiri posted a news update here:EQClassic.org View topic - Auditor Phase #1 Conclusion and Roadmap Update

Also the roadmap has been updated:

Alpha #1 - Small Auditor Test
Alpha #1 was successfully completed from April to June 2013. The test concentrated on the core server mechanics like combat, spells, player interaction, skills etc. The server stability was excellent, in the 3 month time-frame only 2 crashes happened. These happened right at the beginning and were fixed. For a project that has been in development for many years without any external testing, this is the highest possible praise on coding quality. About 200 valid Issues were reported by our testers, which have been resolved by now.
Alpha #2
The second test (tba) will verify that the fixed issues from #1 are now working as expected. Moreover, additional testing objectives will be added (like Message Boards, Tradeskill Combine, Guilds etc) which testers of #1 were unable to test. Additional more group oriented tests are planned.

pointyboot

They removed floaty lev from the game for a reason, smartass. oh wait, now go ahead and call me out because i was raiding eq in 2007.

Mesenkomaha_sl

shitlord
I really hope this happens. Seems like they are making some strides.
I've been following the project for almost 3 years. From what I gather they are still years away because of having to build a true classic database. Can someone with better programming insight comment on this? Where do you think they are and how far away do you think the game is from being a reality?