EQ Classic? Not really.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
You are in TMO and still don't know the dumb shit that goes on.- Hows about the fact that they were farming fungi tunics by pulling the fungus king to the sebilis entrance solo. Aquring 150k items and selling them only to buy multiple level 60 characters with epics and placing them at every single raid spawn (buffed) and ready to go. But TMO uses skill not leverage/exploits and currency to stay on top.
To be fair (and yes I know this post is relatively old), everyone was invis pulling everything. No-name no-guild shaman/monk duos were doing fungi king. I'm pretty much a nobody and I farmed like 6 tunics in a week using that shit. That's how I could afford stuff like Puppet Strings with no real shot at the TMO-monopolized raid scene. And it wasn't just that camp, people were invis pulling at all levels in all zones.

It was reported a long time before it was fixed. But you can't expect 3000 players to just ignore the fact that they can pull any mob in the game solo while everyone else is doing it. It was in no way limited to TMO.

Ironically, shit like that is pretty classic. Anyone remember pet pulling on live? If your pet conned green to a mob and any adds around it, you could /pet attack and then /pet back off and nothing would assist. You could then proceed to beat the shit out of a named while all of his friends were standing like 2 feet away not giving a shit. I used to pull chardok royals to zone in with that garbage, and I could just run around killing whatever nameds were up in that zone with ease.

Tol_sl

shitlord
No-name no-guild shaman/monk duos were doing fungi king. I'm pretty much a nobody and I farmed like 6 tunics in a week using that shit. That's how I could afford stuff like Puppet Strings with no real shot at the TMO-monopolized raid scene. And it wasn't just that camp, people were invis pulling at all levels in all zones.

It was reported a long time before it was fixed. But you can't expect 3000 players to just ignore the fact that they can pull any mob in the game solo while everyone else is doing it. It was in no way limited to TMO.
It's like when a news story on spying breaks. Everyone is full of outrage and condemnations, but you know they're doing the same thing and just haven't been caught yet.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Technically speaking, that's actually really cool. I'm curious as to how exactly that was accomplished. I had started work on a DX7 -> OpenGL wrapper for the trilogy client but never got that far with it (crash issues on device reset)

The titanium client does NOT support the window styles that he's mentioning by default. The later clients (SoD, UF, and later) do, however.

I'm pretty happy that he's continuing his team's work even after Yeahlight's departure. Someone needs to do it, don't care who's behind it honestly as long as it gets done.

Bruman

Golden Squire
YeahLight was all "not gonna host an emu" - does the new owner / lead / whatever of EQ Classic have a different outlook?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
YeahLight was all "not gonna host an emu" - does the new owner / lead / whatever of EQ Classic have a different outlook?
he hasn't said. not even as much as commenting on the YL situation, just cranking updates in silence.