EQ Classic? Not really.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
if this ever releases alot of p99 nerds gonna be on suicide watch after farming that shit dry for 3+ years

Ryoz

<Donor>
I know it's eq... But what is setting it apart so far? What's the boxing rule gonna be?

axeman_sl

shitlord
I love how pretentious and arrogant the EQC people always are towards EQEmu servers, especially considering the fact that the servers they speak so condescendingly of are at least open and playable. They try to speak from some kind of moral high ground when they're they're the ones who have accomplished the least, never even managing to provide a playable product at all. EQC is the joke of the emulator community while something like P99, for all its faults, has provided a surprisingly accurate representation of actual classic Everquest for years now whereas EQC is nothing more than a forum and a long history of farcical fiascos. Now after FIVE YEARS they're starting to mention beta testing but have posted some absurd list of obscure criteria, such as the need for a certain client found only on a specific disc that maybe a hundred people in the world still own.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I love how pretentious and arrogant the EQC people always are towards EQEmu servers, especially considering the fact that the servers they speak so condescendingly of are at least open and playable. They try to speak from some kind of moral high ground when they're they're the ones who have accomplished the least, never even managing to provide a playable product at all. EQC is the joke of the emulator community while something like P99, for all its faults, has provided a surprisingly accurate representation of actual classic Everquest for years now whereas EQC is nothing more than a forum and a long history of farcical fiascos. Now after FIVE YEARS they're starting to mention beta testing
Project 99 developers (some of whom quit or were removed from the EQC project) took the easy way out and decided to use the Titanium client where 90% of the work was done. Yet it still remains a terribly buggy emu server with bad pathing and other problems. Rogean is no where to be found either -- when's Velious guys?! No doubt he's too busy feeding his face with P99 RMT money, driving around in his Ford Focus, and having wet dreams about the SWToR expansion.

So they have a *fairly* accurate DB, who cares? Lots of it is inaccurate and the client/other features that made old EverQuest cool aren't present. Congratulations to them on managing to run a corrupt server plagued with spyware DLLs, RMT problems, GM abuse, and staff favoritism?

have posted some absurd list of obscure criteria, such as the need for a certain client found only on a specific disc that maybe a hundred people in the world still own.
Torrents are hard bro

I'll rephrase. Can anyone that has a tester account set up comment on how the functionality of the game feels?
It's very functional and not buggy in the slightest. It's clear that years of hard work and dedication has gone into this project.

Kakiz_sl

shitlord
It's very functional and not buggy in the slightest. It's clear that years of hard work and dedication has gone into this project.
Thanks.

I love how pretentious and arrogant the EQC people always are towards EQEmu servers, especially considering the fact that the servers they speak so condescendingly of are at least open and playable. They try to speak from some kind of moral high ground when they're they're the ones who have accomplished the least, never even managing to provide a playable product at all. EQC is the joke of the emulator community while something like P99, for all its faults, has provided a surprisingly accurate representation of actual classic Everquest for years now whereas EQC is nothing more than a forum and a long history of farcical fiascos. Now after FIVE YEARS they're starting to mention beta testing but have posted some absurd list of obscure criteria, such as the need for a certain client found only on a specific disc that maybe a hundred people in the world still own.
P99 is shit and why anyone would play it when the EQmac pc workaround is available is beyond me.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeahlight has stated they will not be turning over their code to others.
I believe he said it won't be open source, but he will be gifting it to a party or parties who want to run servers.

P99 is shit and why anyone would play it when the EQmac pc workaround is available is beyond me.
QFT, EQMac is an excellent iteration of EverQuest (I always played it over P99 when I had the EQ itch) and I'm happy to say that the EQC developers are fans of that server.

Swagdaddy

axeman spitting truth, on your knees faggots

and the reason people dont like eqmac is the boxing is fucking insane and not classic

Swagdaddy

Sorry you are angered by the fact most people do not care for EQMac due to it's extreme boxing allowance, and I agree with axeman in that the EQClassic team/followers have no place to scrutinize or judge emu servers considering that have contributed nothing to the community thus far.

Kakiz_sl

shitlord
I agree with axeman in that the EQClassic team/followers have no place to scrutinize or judge emu servers considering that have contributed nothing to the community thus far.
As someone who wants a good emu to play that isn't disgustingly buggy and corrupt as hell, I feel like I have a place to scrutinize. Also this is 'murica, and I'll scrutinize whatever I want while providing nothing in return. P99 is shit.