EQ Classic? Not really.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They've put out what can only be considered contradictory messages on that. On the one hand they've said they have no plans on hosting a server yet on the other hand they've said they've put far too much time and effort into it to just hand the code over to the public. My take on it is that once they're done, no plans for hosting will suddenly change into plans. What's the point otherwise?

Tolan

Member of the Year 2016
<Banned>
My bet is they either license or sell the code to the highest bidder (SOE?).

Rhuobhe

N00b
Yeah I guess I must have read that boxing statement several year ago. Clearly they have changed their stance. Unless I'm on crack.

They've put out what can only be considered contradictory messages on that. On the one hand they've said they have no plans on hosting a server yet on the other hand they've said they've put far too much time and effort into it to just hand the code over to the public. My take on it is that once they're done, no plans for hosting will suddenly change into plans. What's the point otherwise?
My guess is they plan to release the code to a few people who have stuck with the project since its inception (and not got bogged down in the BS drama).

Whatever the outcome I'm sure the server will do well. I can understand them not wanting to release the code to everybody, but I would hope for more than one server eventually.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Whatever happened to that one Dev who worked on like every other EQemu project (and EQclassic). I think his/her name was Secrets and he/she was a tranny. Surprised she isn't here given this communities unique affinity for such people.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
There was a parting of ways between several people working on the original project. The main group ended up creating P99 while Yeahlight and a few others went their own way with EQClassic. Secrets was with the P99 group.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Whatever happened to that one Dev who worked on like every other EQemu project (and EQclassic). I think his/her name was Secrets and he/she was a tranny. Surprised she isn't here given this communities unique affinity for such people.
From what I heard, it (Secrets) tried to steal the code. Something like that.

2002User

http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/view...hp?f=11&t=3724

Become a Tester
- Created by Yeahlight on Apr 16, 2013 -
Initial testing started April 5th and we are already looking to increase our testing pool. If you would like to participate, please send an e-mail to[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */with the following information:

Forum account name
MD5 checksum of eqgame.exe
Area(s) of expertise
Operating system(s)

The eqgame.exe file is typically located in C:/Program Files (x86)/Sony/EverQuest Trilogy. Please use the following program to generate an MD5 checksum:http://www.eqclassic.org/files/MD5.exe. You will be notified if your checksum does not match the correct client software:http://www.eqclassic.org/faq.php#client_1

Please limit areas of expertise to game mechanics; we are not concerned with content (NPCs) at this time. For example, "I played an end-game warrior for X years and I know everything there is to know about NPC positioning, balancing push and mitigation," is acceptable, while, "I spent X hours in Lower Guk and I know the drop tables of every named NPC," will be ignored.

The focus of testing is on game mechanics and not database content. It is difficult for many to understand the role a database plays, so--to eliminate any confusion--we have created original content. The only intellectual property (NPCs, items, quests, etc.) a tester will be interacting with is our own.

The client software uses libraries and techniques that are ~15 years old, which conflict with a number of today's software solutions. If you do not have experience modifying startup programs (msconfig.exe) and services (services.msc) in Windows, please do not apply for testing at this time.
Hell, it's about time

2002User

I can confirm it's correct. Keep in mind it's a pretty old client, so it's not as bloated as newer versions.