EQ: Elder Dragons, Heart of Heroes. Made to stay, made for heroes!

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Geez, was just on the site, looking at bug fixes, and now the whole site is gone. /smh

Time to clean up the old drive I guess.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Sucks, I was having some fun nostalgia moments. Getting adds in Innothule, and forgetting to /loc before I died, and spending the next 45mins naked, dodging mobs, until I finally found my corpse underwater.

Oh well, guess I will patch Wolcen or something.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
well, shit. this sucks.
we always joke about wanting EQ drama, but this is not the kind we want.
If it really was someone on this forum, shame on you for fucking with our fun.
pVJn70DNMAEnV_d_wWMjcH4xzWgqDKYnUQr7yqJ_oUc.jpg

No, we are not.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
what a waste of time this was , and do we realy think S Secrets did it? cuz thats what the implication is
Is that the shit Secrets did? Jesus, why aren't they banned from here too? Fuck you Secrets, you fucking basket case.

I'm sorry ya'll. I was watching this and I love this kind of thing. shit is sad as hell.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Is that the shit Secrets did? Jesus, why aren't they banned from here too? Fuck you Secrets, you fucking basket case.

I'm sorry ya'll. I was watching this and I love this kind of thing. shit is sad as hell.
We have no proof but sadly the dude has the personality for it, and even if he denies it we will all still think it was him.
Secrets loves EQ so I giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Could be someone that read what he was saying and went all Dark Night on the server, protecting the people from themselves.

yawgmoth

Bronze Squire
guess i had to make a FOH account eventually

RIP server, i had fun while it lasted even if the population is low.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So what the fuck is a loser like me who has never played an emulated eq to do now? Where should I go?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I mean, best way for Secrets to clear their name would be to find out who *did* do this right?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
what a waste of time this was , and do we realy think S Secrets did it? cuz thats what the implication is
Wasn't me. I have much better things to do than to worry about something I already know is gonna fail.
I don't care enough to look into who did it, because it's a DDOS attack - you cannot attribute who did a DDOS attack, you can only make guesses.

I'm stating I didn't have anything to do with it. DDOSing is petty shit. If I actually cared about harming him or his interests, I could do a lot better than a DDOS attack. I think this dude is framing me because he knows I am right and it would generate interest for his server by pointing everyone against me.

Thalix, If you want to try and sue me for it - serve me a court appearance. I'll help you find all the needed info about me so you can send one.
You and I both know I have zero reason to do this and no time or energy to care about what you think about me.

Feel free to dox me, too, if it'll make you feel better. PM me and I'll save you the time and energy of finding my street address.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
How did you know it was going to fail?

He didn't list it on the EQEmulator list. I posted about why it would be a failure earlier in this thread.

Has nothing to do with his server's content or popularity. I've just seen it too many times before (Winter's Roar, The Sleeper, P2002, etc) over the years. Server splits for malicious reason from EQEmulator and never recovers.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
i just wanna play some custom eq bros
I was actually looking forward to playing on this one eventually. Was kinda dashed once Thalix had a mental breakdown after I asked why he wouldn't list it on EQEmulator.

Also, the 'crypto miner' that actually isn't a crypto miner, self-serving or malicious at all, but it is listed here on Github for the community to review. I think this is another case of Thalix not knowing what the fuck he's talking about - not once did i mention 'crypto miner' or 'bitcoin miner' to him in our interactions. It's something he made up to make me sound like a 'dark web' villain.

Anyone who actually knows me on these forums knows I may have an attitude problem, but I rarely attack undeserving people. There was nothing Thalix did that warranted a DDOS attack. I'd argue there's nothing anyone does for a hobby that warrants that.

1625426503580.png

I am far from a darkweb type. In fact, I was hoping Thalix would stop his mental breakdown for a few minutes enough to let people help him secure his server. Plenty of people who know how to actually code and manage a server in Discord.

Instead, I celebrated my birthday yesterday and avoided the PC for most of the day, having a really good time, and now I wake up today after playing a bit of XIV to his playerbase and him attacking me on Discord and other mediums like this forum.

I've had mostly people defending me or alerting me to this, but you'll give Thalix exactly what he wants by mentioning me, and honestly I was debating whether or not to actually reply here.

Great birthday present, Thalix, Upstanding dude.

1625424928238.png

1625424943909.png

1625424960484.png

I gave him my personal info (linkedin/FB) in Discord in case he wants to sue me, or rather hopefully, talk in a professional capacity to me in private. Sick of these public outbursts from him.

BTW, EQ doesn't need to run on a $15k/yr server. I don't know why he has that kind of hardware or why it's not working to prevent a DDOS attack. I'm highly skeptical he even had a DDOS attack on his server. There is zero evidence he even was attacked to begin with or even spent that kind of money.

Last edited: