EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Nitsude_sl

shitlord
The newest list of hotzones I could find on allakhazam was from Nov. 2011. Is that still up to date, no new ones since then? Which makes the Feerot a hotzone?
It's too bad. They usually update them at least once a year. Feerrott is a pretty ballin hot zone for rangers, though.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Looking to get a little input on a macro that I can press to let one of my characters in the group take care of looting when I'm 3 boxing. Would this work?

/target nearest corpse
/loot
/pause 150
/target nearest corpse
/loot

Would that work if I tabbed over to my shm, hit the hotkey, and then went back to the mage or bard?

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
i *think* loot only opens the loot window, but doesnt actually put the stuff in your inventory? I think?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
/loot all, I think it was added along with the new UI button. Also /pause is tenths of a second, so you wouldn't want 150.

Also don't forget /hidecorpse looted (auto hide corpses once you've looted them - sadly has to be redone every time you log in)

That said, I'd just loot manually because the amount of worthless shit you wind up deleting later to make room makes auto-looting even more annoying than just picking out the good stuff. Also it breaks if there's any no drop shit and won't grab it all, unless you have lootnodrop off, which can be a bad idea.

I do use a button to target the corpse and /loot, it saves a lot of headache. At some point they really broke clicking shit to loot but that may have been fixed.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
If some high level ever gets bored. I would ALMOST give a BJ to be run through the J4/ J5 merc line. Hit me up on Janxs.

clerica_sl

shitlord
if you are on test just ask in general and someone will help most likely. you might get stuck on the final step with instances being messed up and not loading at times.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The instance server is a pos and has been down/crashing for three days or so now. We've done our best to deal with the slow or constantly crashing instanced zones for a few nights but tonight we couldn't get into any DoN or Demi raid instances at all.

Went and cleared Fabled ToV, it was a lot of fun.

3:05 of that second video is pretty sick.

Six or so additional videos from Fabled ToV raids on our youtube channel.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So I dinged 91, my AA panel says I need the language skill obtained thru the task in VoA to get my next lvl of headshot - even tho it let me purchase it I assume it doens't work till I get that language skill up.

Do people still do those task?

Lvl 91 Ranger on Test now if someone needs another for a group - Borzakx

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It should work fine. So long as you zone into a VoA zone at some point you'll get the language AA dealie, but I'm pretty sure it isn't required anymore. Furthermore there is a soloable quest early in SoF that will get you to 100 language if you're interested.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Well, got about 4 hours xp afk at the bottom of the Hole before I was trained and killed. And of course it was camped this morning. Thinking I may try and push to 70 this weekend and do some afk aaxp in Paw instead. I assume it is less likely to be camped than The Hole.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
You could be on Vulak enjoying the sweet nectar of 5% AA/kill and no mercs. But, uh, real progression!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well, got about 4 hours xp afk at the bottom of the Hole before I was trained and killed. And of course it was camped this morning. Thinking I may try and push to 70 this weekend and do some afk aaxp in Paw instead. I assume it is less likely to be camped than The Hole.
Paw was good, but not as good as the Hole, obviously. But it was empty and we usually had it all to ourselves. I think 68 is definitely doable.

edit: Now that I think back it was exactly about the level you were we went there and owned the entire place. 3 of us with mercs. So you might be slower boxing.