EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Was kind of thinking of Necro/Druid this time around. Not bringing back my BL, Trolly. Maybe I'll 3box it and throw in a bard or chanter.
For raiding I wouldn't recommend more than a two box as the wide array of audio triggers we're using on recent raids makes large scale boxing less and less viable. Druid and Necro are both classes we want atm though!

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Planning on pausing at lvl 75 to level up some AAs, any recommendations on a good spot to grind? New to Mercs but will at the very least be a SK/SHM combo. Thanks in advance.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Planning on pausing at lvl 75 to level up some AAs, any recommendations on a good spot to grind? New to Mercs but will at the very least be a SK/SHM combo. Thanks in advance.
I did the farm in Dragonscale Hills for AA at 75. Nearby there are kill tasks for the scarecrows, crows, and beetles. Fast exp!

Troll_sl

shitlord
For raiding I wouldn't recommend more than a two box as the wide array of audio triggers we're using on recent raids makes large scale boxing less and less viable. Druid and Necro are both classes we want atm though!
Wasn't thinking I'd ever raid on more than 2 (I'm notthatcoordinated). But having that third bot & merc might help speed up leveling a bit.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I recently did a lot of AA 75 in DSH but at the I mostly did it around the tower with the fairies around it. Farm seemed to be permacamped by swarmers on my server.

I'd pick up brownie rebel [errand] and ladies of the light [combat] tasks from Fenden Helter and this quest upstairs:http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=4332. Quest item drops off the fairies randomly, and it's instantly repeatable.

I'd usually end up with around 25-30 AA per lesson burn on my 75 wiz, no merc.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Wasn't thinking I'd ever raid on more than 2 (I'm notthatcoordinated). But having that third bot & merc might help speed up leveling a bit.
Yeah, for the grind 3 boxing is definitely the way to go.

Fabled VS, offnight raid.

Titan_sl

shitlord
We tried to 1 group Fabled Overking(Shaman, Warrior, Monk, Bard, Berserker, Rogue). GOt him to 74% lol. That fight is ridiculous =/

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Left the game for a few months with vacation/school/work. I started playing again. Anyone want to group with a 77 Monk and Shaman whisper Ginkaku. Just FYI my characters are under leveled for AA.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Where do you go at 85 as a warrior with 1k AAs? I just got my asshole shredded by the first mob i saw in house of thule. Or a good place to grind out a ton of AAs that i can solo, i don't feel like paying another 15+$ to resub my wizard or anything.

Whats krono worth in plat on FV? would rather buy that and regear myself.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
A solo warrior? Well, either you need a full suit of raid gear and AC augs and another thousand AA, or you need to forget setting foot into any content past SOD without boxing. Sure, you could handle *a* mob from the newer shit. If its standing there alone and doesn't run.

When I was messing around during underfoot the group gear was exactly good enough to kill about 3/4ths of the named and finish the progression missions only as long as I was never fighting more than one mob at a time. war/monk/sham. In SOD I had a wizard instead of the monk but in UF it became impossible to do anything if I couldn't pull singles. At the time a solo mage could do better than my 3 box. Mobs that proc dds or even AOE for 40k - what fucking crackhead was designing that shit? Hi, I quad and flurry for 10k and if you ever drop below 80% of your HP, my proc will one shot you. Sounds legit.

Underfoot was essentially one giant FUCK YOU to the players from the designers who were sick of all that bullshit about how ez-mode EQ was and how it was this impossible meatgrinder of death during classic where everything could kill you in two rounds. Which of course is a complete load of horseshit but it was the players who were insisting on it. Its the players who insisted that every individual mob should take over two minutes to die and do so much damage that you can barely survive tanking one. Its this whole anti-WoW and classic-eq-was-impossible-mode mindset that gave you such a string of shit expansions that hardly anyone actually played through when it was current.

I guess the curve flattened out post UF but the damage was done, holy shit, HP fucking tripled from SOD to UF and mobs went from topping out at 7k in SOD to 12k in an expansion that didn't even give you more levels. They'd have had to really flatten things out to recover from that nonsense.

I know, sorry. I was just totally baffled by the stupidity that was UF. Even if I was able to get through it, I'd call it the most assheaded direction EQ ever took. "Fighting the AOW was fun, lets make EVERY mob like that!"

Meanwhile, on progression, tanking 20 mobs at a time...

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Just messing around and trying to get my UI and all my hotkeys from AA abilities set and so forth is a major pita.

Sterling

El Presidente
A solo warrior? Well, either you need a full suit of raid gear and AC augs and another thousand AA, or you need to forget setting foot into any content past SOD without boxing. Sure, you could handle *a* mob from the newer shit. If its standing there alone and doesn't run.

When I was messing around during underfoot the group gear was exactly good enough to kill about 3/4ths of the named and finish the progression missions only as long as I was never fighting more than one mob at a time. war/monk/sham. In SOD I had a wizard instead of the monk but in UF it became impossible to do anything if I couldn't pull singles. At the time a solo mage could do better than my 3 box. Mobs that proc dds or even AOE for 40k - what fucking crackhead was designing that shit? Hi, I quad and flurry for 10k and if you ever drop below 80% of your HP, my proc will one shot you. Sounds legit.

Underfoot was essentially one giant FUCK YOU to the players from the designers who were sick of all that bullshit about how ez-mode EQ was and how it was this impossible meatgrinder of death during classic where everything could kill you in two rounds. Which of course is a complete load of horseshit but it was the players who were insisting on it. Its the players who insisted that every individual mob should take over two minutes to die and do so much damage that you can barely survive tanking one. Its this whole anti-WoW and classic-eq-was-impossible-mode mindset that gave you such a string of shit expansions that hardly anyone actually played through when it was current.

I guess the curve flattened out post UF but the damage was done, holy shit, HP fucking tripled from SOD to UF and mobs went from topping out at 7k in SOD to 12k in an expansion that didn't even give you more levels. They'd have had to really flatten things out to recover from that nonsense.

I know, sorry. I was just totally baffled by the stupidity that was UF. Even if I was able to get through it, I'd call it the most assheaded direction EQ ever took. "Fighting the AOW was fun, lets make EVERY mob like that!"

Meanwhile, on progression, tanking 20 mobs at a time...
The thing was that group content in SoD was probably too easy, but UF took it to the other extreme. Then HoT came out and was basically SoD again. Honestly there's gotta be some kind of sweet spot in the middle somewhere. I honestly liked the UF content but then I had a regular group when I played then so I can imagine how bad it could be without one or at least a really solid box group or just a mage. Also WTF mages.

Shabado_sl

shitlord
God damn this thread. I guess it's time for my annual EQ bing. It's actually been about 12 months so I'm due. God knows what characters I have still.

Does RAF work on test? My accounts still have RAF legacy on them. Test is exp bonus anyway I know, but seeing as I'll probably quit again in 2 weeks more is still better.