EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
That answers my question. Mac server is stuck in 2004 (Planes of Power) and there are no such things as Mercs.
Yeah on regular servers people 2 box with a tank and a healer merc and just go afk forever and let the tank kill and the healer keep it alive.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I downloaded this just to see what EQ is like these days. I realized I have no interest in the current stuff, so instead went to muck around near Felwithe/Crushbone. Yea they revamped Crushbone, orcs are red to me at 71 lol.

Then I wanted to revisit Neriak, so I created a Dark Elf. My only options are that horrible cave tutorial, or start in Drakken. So I hit up Drakken, and see a small tent with 30 trainer NPCs and quest givers all bunched together; completely uninspired compared to Neriak =\ So I logged off.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
You could have just clicked off Start in Tutorial and chose neriak as your starting city bro

Krozman

N00b
If you think Everquest, just because the game is older, requires less work to get re-oriented, you're making the worst gaming assumption of your life. Perhaps next time you should start in CR and follow the hero's journey in the achievement section.

moontayle

Golden Squire
If you think Everquest, just because the game is older, requires less work to get re-oriented, you're making the worst gaming assumption of your life. Perhaps next time you should start in CR and follow the hero's journey in the achievement section.
This. Through Crescent Reach and Blightfire Moors it kind of gives you a bit of purpose with a side effect of decent gear. The tutorial is useful as well because enough has changed that you're better off reorienting through that than just jumping in. That was a mistake I made when I first tried after it went F2P. This time around I spent some time familiarizing myself with the changes that have happened outside of the game before retaking the plunge. My experience this time around is much better overall and I'm enjoying it.

Trebla_sl

shitlord
This. Through Crescent Reach and Blightfire Moors it kind of gives you a bit of purpose with a side effect of decent gear. The tutorial is useful as well because enough has changed that you're better off reorienting through that than just jumping in. That was a mistake I made when I first tried after it went F2P. This time around I spent some time familiarizing myself with the changes that have happened outside of the game before retaking the plunge. My experience this time around is much better overall and I'm enjoying it.
Good advice. I've failed several times to get reinterested, maybe my problem is I'm trying to play a different game...

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This game sadly still suffers from SOEshitITIS. They release an expansion, make the rewards and exp great so everyone buys it then proceed to nerf the shit out of it when the next one comes out.

This game flows well from 1-75 maybe 80, then the last 20-25 levels it becomes the old EQ, only a few viable places to level in and what makes it even shittier is that its hard to find a group.

Its still fun for a few months to jump back in and do some of the vast content they have.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
This little gem popped up in the latest Test patch yesterday...

[Bracketed] text can now be clicked to say the highlighted words to an NPC. NPCs will still respond to typed out messages, if you wish to respond in this fashion. The color of the bracketed text can be changed in the Options window under the Colors tab.

Stat AA lines have been compressed down into a single line instead of being scattergunned around the AA window and they've added in a way to trade down Motes to lower level versions. The change that seemed to have most people excited in the patch thread is the removal of timelocks on MPG trials

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...-13-13.202305/

Karloff_sl

shitlord
I know it's probably somewhere in this thread but what kinda computer do you need to run EQ these days thinking of giving it a go again. Also it's been since 05 since I'ved logged into the game and saryrn is long gone what happened to my ranger and shaman? They still there or....

Thanks!

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm interested in goofing around again, but I'm one expansion behind. I understand the new expansion is coming out next month, so if I buy the new one, will they include the previous with it?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I'm interested in goofing around again, but I'm one expansion behind. I understand the new expansion is coming out next month, so if I buy the new one, will they include the previous with it?
If you play on Test all the expansions are free.

Nitsude_sl

shitlord
It's great to see so many people coming back to EQ after so long. It's still one of the best games out there.

The Faceless Order is about to start raiding again (this Monday, Aug. 19th). We're finishing up the Prophecy of Ro expansion and going into The Serpent Spine. You folks that are returning (or lurkers), this is a good opportunity to see some of the late 70 early 75 content you might have missed.

Any class is welcome to apply, thefacelessorder.com -- would love more shaman. We have gear for all classes on Firiona Vie to copy over with if you're worried about being behind gear wise. All you'd need to do is level from 25 to 70. We've probably picked up 25-30 new applications in the last 2 weeks. Come check us out if you're looking for something to do
wink.png

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Thanks for the help last night Fight, off to a cracking start. Already hit 50 and want to be 65 and aa'ing before the day is done.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Glad to help. I had a lot of fun on Test and will be back when the new expansion and content comes out!