EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Sterling

El Presidente
Defiant gear is ridiculusly good for its level. You can also get what used to be uber twink weapons and stuff super cheap now and leveling in general is just really easy. And as mentioned if you play on test you get double xp.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I played back in Velious release era and got a shm to 65 by end of PoP with a few AA's, lost the acct/char a loooong time ago, think SOE will still have it around? being ..what..10+ expansions behind mean a lot of pain getting back up to speed after a decade? :/
You should be able to get an account back if you have the original billing address and know the Station name. You shouldn't need CD key, original email or credit card # even.

You need to phone them though.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just started playing on Test with my dad, and possibly a RL friend. Playing an ogre warrior named Tapein, currently 26.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I will send you some cash to get you all to about 80 and some random items and stuff. Shohld be in a few minutes but it will be in your ingame mailbox.

Remember to type /claim and see the goodies, theres a red boned skele merc in there and use the J1 until 60-70 then go straight to the J5 merc.

Nylab ingame and our channel is... autojoin rerolled:trannies. Join rerolled:trannies

othree

Thanks man. Unfortunately, I claimed most of that stuff on my ranger awhile back
frown.png

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Thanks man. Unfortunately, I claimed most of that stuff on my ranger awhile back
frown.png
If you end up keeping the warrior for a few months and make it to 92-100, there are a ton of great ac augs that are just on baz or pretty easy to get!

What did your pops and friend end up starting class wise?

Nulolan

N00b
I would actually recommend camping AC augs while you level, there was a website with a list of them all but for the life of me I can't remember it... the SK forums had one but it's not quite as good. Camping them while you level will also give you goals besides just exp grinding and perhaps take you to zones you wouldn't have tried otherwise.

Getting ready for work, will try to remember the site if I can and link it.

EDIT: Ah ha, remembered what it was as soon as I hit reply here you go:EQ - Item Search

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I wouldn't start camping AC augs until HoT at least. It's very accessible and the camps are pretty easy for them.

othree

Pops is playing a shaman, friend transferred his old 56 twink cleric. If anyone is free tonight, his cleric just needs to turn in the Shimmering Pearl to spawn Ragefire...in Skyfire I'm guessing these days. All he needed for his epic back in the day was to camp RF in SolB. Good times.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm still waiting to see what's up with the Necro epic(s) before I start putting a lot of time into that. Anyone have any updated info on SOE's plans regarding that?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
The new form of death blossom isnt to shabby but the epic change will be interesting to see. the 2.5 epic adds like 18% due to it double stacking worn buffs but it should just be 10. I will still main my necro and beat ass at anything that I want to kill, just take a tiny bit longer when they change it

Deadmau_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_48919.jpg

The Faceless Order is recruiting! We are a progression guild on the Test Server currently in The Buried Sea expansion.
If you are interested in learning more about us please go to our website at thefacelessorder.com, or look up Deadmau/Yizudiun/Nitsuu or Tanulie on the test server!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you don't have a raid spot picked out for you before you level one (taunt, blow your long cooldown defensives, let next warrior in line take over whee), is there any point in playing a Warrior in current era EQ, or do the Mercs and Pet Groups pretty much invalidate non-raid Warrior? I assume you can gimp along fine with a Free-to-Play Shaman box alongside your Gold Account main box, thanks to mercs, but that's not as much fun as actually tanking.

Wanting to come back to EQ and do some tanking, but the old warrior forums are pretty much dead, and 99% of the discussion on the general tank talk is Paladin/SK.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I'm looking for when I should claim my Legacy Satchel. From what I've found...the best time is either 65 or 75. 75 would give the highest level gear, but I'm reading that you can get other gear in the bazaar better than Defiant at that level? I'm on a standard server, btw.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
TFO Update: Last night we completed Event #2: Deadly Swarm after a couple weeks of attempts. We moved on to Event #3: Stalwart Defenders and took it out on our very first attempt.

We move onto Event #4 with Astire, The Lunar Eclipse on Wednesday.