EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Hi guys. I require the wisdom of somebody familiar with the modern EverQuest.

Ever since the shutdown notice of Al'kabor, I've given myself the mission of making the emulator databases more accurate. I've collected a lot of data on trash mobs before the shutdown, but I was of course time limited and limited to gathering data from single groupable content. Reading ZAM comments, it seems PoP raid content is now soloable, so I figured I would roll up some Test characters and parse some raid data there.

I haven't played Sony's EQ since GoD however, so I am rather clueless as to the modern game. What I would need to roll are classes that do entirely capturable damage (to logs) and classes that do not have any abilities that alter a mob's min and max hits, like disc defensive (stonewall?) and shielding. I also want to avoid overkill damage, so no six digit damage hits; or at least controllable 6 digit hits.

Any suggestions? I can 3 box (or more) no problem.
Virtually all high end gear is going to have some shielding/spell shield/avoidance on it.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Spell mitigation and melee avoidance are fine, I just need to avoid effects that alter a mob's DB or DI (i.e. shielding). I would wear inferior gear and simply play more characters if it made the content undoable.

edit: also I know the min/max hits on most raid bosses anyway, it's the max hp I'm mostly after. Plus I can do suicide runs naked or whatever if required so long as the effects aren't innate and always-on.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'd go Monk. At level 95+ you can mend faster than most mobs can dps you and your dps isn't bad either. Add a cleric merc and you're invincible.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I would guess monk gear would have more avoidance than shielding too, so that sounds good. I do sort of like to box though, and killing mobs fast to factor out regen is an issue. Monk + Shaman still good?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty much everything from GoD forward has +shielding, etc stats on it. (Started in PoP)

It will be interesting to see what levels and gear you need to pick up to do this. My self buff only 95 SK can just auto-attack kill all of PoTime (no healers / no mercs).

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Lvl 32 Bard, you should be a multi-thousandaire by now.

rrr_img_50190.jpg

Note: It cost 26 bucks to go from level 1-25 on test server with this amazing deal!

Lvl 32 Bard, you should be a multi-thousandaire by now.

rrr_img_50190.jpg

Note: It cost 26 bucks to go from level 1-25 on test server with this amazing deal!
The hell is that? I've had a few people offer me RL money for PLs on Test. Some dude has given me 6 SC cards to PL his chars. Never took the RL cash, always took bags and rings and other shit. Bit of a hoarder

LOL, just noticed the Calculated Price. 2500, what a deal

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just by chance, someone doesn't have a 90 ranger I could borrow for some Bloody Kith headshotting action do they? If not, I'm going to level one up, but it blew my mind last night.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Is there a level I should stop and farm AAs at? I figure there has to be some sweet spots on the way up, what with the new way AA exp is granted nowadays.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If The Hole is relatively uncontested on your server, 70ish is a decent grinding point.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
No. I really loathe bugging people for favors; particularly people I don't know. I do have 3 heirloom 50% 30 minute potions on a character I am copying over twice a day though which I am stockpiling.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
56. Seems kind of slower than guides have mentioned though; not sure how people get level 60 in 10 hours without powerleveling. Perhaps I am neglecting something.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
With a merc it's mostly knowing WHERE to go, certain spots can be sometimes double "normal" style xping, even without PL or assistance. That and probably using lots of DS potions

56. Seems kind of slower than guides have mentioned though; not sure how people get level 60 in 10 hours without powerleveling. Perhaps I am neglecting something.
I've got to work earlier than usual tomorrow morning, so I need to hit the hay slightly earlier as well. Be on tonight, I'll get you squared away though