EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I've been going to hot zones, but not using DS potions. Can you DS your mercs with them?

My monk seems to be doing shit for DPS; way less than half that of a tank merc. Oddly enough melee damage mercs seem to do less than tank mercs too, at least at my level.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tank merc is beast, and will outdps your melee dps until you start getting some the silly weapon tiers where DMG is close to ASPD, and some AA/disciplines under your belt.

Bought 5 kronos yesterday, or tried to. Still waiting, and the account (Purr's) I purchased them was banned. Most certainly a charge-back related error on SoE's part as I have plenty of money on my debit card. The waiting for the krono, coupled with their stupid fucking faulty ass system which banned me by mistake is enough to say fuck this shit for awhile. And, of fucking course their office CSR personnel aren't at fucking work today. So, I'm done for a bit- fuck this

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Bought 5 kronos yesterday, or tried to. Still waiting, and the account (Purr's) I purchased them was banned. Most certainly a charge-back related error on SoE's part as I have plenty of money on my debit card. The waiting for the krono, coupled with their stupid fucking faulty ass system which banned me by mistake is enough to say fuck this shit for awhile. And, of fucking course their office CSR personnel aren't at fucking work today. So, I'm done for a bit- fuck this

Noooo shit. What will I do now for fun time buddies.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
RIP Anotherranger #74,538

Orthree I Will hook ya up with a druid and ranger when I get back on Sunday/monday. Or we can just make ya one or both in a few days. I'm off till dec 6th so I will have lots of free time!

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
RIP Anotherranger #74,538

Orthree I Will hook ya up with a druid and ranger when I get back on Sunday/monday. Or we can just make ya one or both in a few days. I'm off till dec 6th so I will have lots of free time!
Wooord. Lot of college football activities here today. I will see all the shameless Saturday EQ'ers at some point tho.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Props for using default models. I absolutely hate the newer models. How do you deal with mounting? I hate that you cant mount up if you do not have new models on.
Humans can mount even in old models. You just appear standing like some strange human spear in the middle of your mount. For other races you can use an AoN. Tbh though I rarely ever use mounts.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
So like, are tank mercs useless after a certain level? I'm practically chain healing my merc after slowing light blue mobs at 81. Makes the game difficult when my monk can't tank at all

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yes, it basically kills the game. Even at 100 with decent gear, as a druid I couldn't keep mine alive to actually do anything. Very god damn poor design.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
75-85 is when you need to get the J5 merc. Theres almost always someone in the zone to help you kill everything.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Torrid, are you on Test? If so I'm sure someone here can help you get the J5 Mercenary. Additionally, how many AA does your monk have? What kind of gear are you using?

Nulolan

N00b
Monks tank just fine if you keep up with AAs, AC augs help as well. As long as you are grinding mobs from the older expansions, I had a duo shaman/monk box on FV awhile back and my monk tanked all the way up to 93 np.