EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Ebris_sl

shitlord
Wizard has around 300 more AAs. It may have something to do with the racial (DE vs HE) and class (SK vs WIZ) XP modifiers. Meh, its probably just something going to be one of the oddities that will never be really explained, kind of like how to get Pyzin (sp?) to spawn....

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We killed Overlord Mata Muram on Thursday night. Was an awesome raid, one of my new favorites in all of Everquest.

Rathmort_sl

shitlord
Thinking of setting up a couple of boxed chars to go with the SK. Got a 62 cleric, but I figure I'd be better off with a shaman. What's a good third class for that combo? Something 'fire and forget'?

Rathmort_sl

shitlord
Yeah, looking around on evilgamer, seems like there's a lot of love for bard boxes. SK, Bard, Wiz, cleric merc and 2x caster merc?

Troll_sl

shitlord
Did they ever remove the racial XP bonuses? I know they took out the penalties. I seem to recall halflings got XP faster, but I have no reliable sources. I had some XP oddities during my brief return, and I looked into this stuff to no avail. Finding good info amidst 13 years of rumor and conjecture is ridiculously tedious.
The halfling bonus (5% I think) is still in, but all the penalties are gone.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I kinda wish I 2 boxed now that I'm 64. Tank mercs get their shit kicked in with no heal and my Monk damage is too low to effectively solo =/

Javvo_sl

shitlord
I kinda wish I 2 boxed now that I'm 64. Tank mercs get their shit kicked in with no heal and my Monk damage is too low to effectively solo =/
Once you have some AA under your belt you can easily tank and dps with the monk and have a cleric merc. Also it's never too late to level a second toon, especially easy if you're on test.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
3 boxing a zerker, ranger, chanter atm, kicking some major league ass currently (started last night, made it to 45/44/42).

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Grats on OMM guys, that fight still stands as one of the best in any MMO.
Beating that encounter is definitely one of my most epic memories of EQ. Our guild had something like 100 attempts before killing him during OOW.

Shit, I wish I had a computer right now. I'd come for the Demi / PoR grind. Demi tiers 1+2 are the most fun I ever had raiding in EQ. When do you all think you'll begin DoD? And, are you going to do the 5 raids prior to DoD and kill Vule for the monocle or just zone in? If I have some time, I'll buy like a 3gb ram i3 laptop or some shit in a week

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone copied over a higher level and de-leveled it to join in on progression raiding? What would be the fastest way to do so? I've been toying with the idea of copying over a level 80 warrior with 800ish AAs and knocking him down to 70.

Drade

Lord Nagafen Raider
Has anyone copied over a higher level and de-leveled it to join in on progression raiding? What would be the fastest way to do so? I've been toying with the idea of copying over a level 80 warrior with 800ish AAs and knocking him down to 70.
Most of our guild have copied over toons and delvled them for raiding at current progression, myself being one of them. We have a few tried and true methods for delvling, Freeport and Argath bind/deaths are so fast you can lose 5 lvls in less than 10 minutes if you piddle about respawning.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Thanks for the guides and all the info guys. Still can't decide on a server. I will probably just box two characters and enjoy the old content and possibly some of the newer stuff. I thought about FV but it sounds like everything is perma camped. So regular server or Test. Just to clarify if I play on test it is completely free, but if I wanted to play on a normal server I'd have to pay for two gold level accounts, correct?