EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
wild rampage = aoe melee. Often there's a tiny sweet spot where you can melee at the bleeding edge of range without getting hit by it. Of course max melee range and ramp range is different for every mob.
rampage = single target that always hits the first person to aggro the mob and then goes down the list, unless that person is tanking. (so pull with your rampage tank)

Or, send in a mage pet and range him down while taking no damage from anything and barely needing to heal the pet.
AFAIK his AoE has 300 range, so you still get hit by that even with a mage pet, because noone can cast out to 300 range. I'm not sure if you can hide behind a wall and block it, though.

Krozman

N00b
The only named that really requires a pet tank is Xolok the Blind. I tanked AoW without any difficulty, although i'm fully raid geared.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
The only named that really requires a pet tank is Xolok the Blind. I tanked AoW without any difficulty, although i'm fully raid geared.
Are pets not affected by Xolok's damage aura at all?

And obviously AoW doesn't REQUIRE a pet tank, but it seems like it would be a hell of a lot easier because everyone can sit out of range of rampage/wild rampage, and possibly LOS the magic AoE as well. (no idea if it's an AoE that can be LOSed)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
So I've been playing on the test server for the past few days after having not played EQ since around 2002. I'm playing a necromancer duo with a friend of mine who is using a druid. We're up to 52 so far, and it's been a lot of fun. Being out of the loop for so long though, I was just curious if anyone had a recommendation of a good site to read up about the finer points of playing a necromancer, or maybe a good site describing in detail how a lot of these new systems work like whats an expedition, stuff like that.

Thanks!

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone able to copy over some 80ish mage, necro and bard gear? That is the trio I decided on, they are kicking ass, but I'm still using pieces of gear from like, level 30.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Talk to chearleader in game. She copied over full suits of Thule T1 armor for my mage and necro last week. Lv 80 requirement to wear.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Having a ton of fun playing with peeps in The Faceless Order on test. Doing Tacvi and CoA raids and Dragons of Norrath.

Went from 60 with 77 aa's to 70 with 600 aa's in 3 days, everyone is super helpfull and geared up m y beast lord over night. Good time to join in on the fun.

s0ulgr1nder

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played EQ since the end of the Planes of Power era, and I've been wondering if it would be a good game to play these days with a dedicated group of 3. I have a couple of friends that are anti-social outside of our little group of 3 (occasionally 4) but enjoy the MMO genre. Right now they aren't playing anyything (i'm playing a bit of everything). At the moment, EQ seems like the best bet to get these guys back into something with the merc system they added in EQ. There would be little-to-no interest in major raiding for them. Would we do okay in the "new" EQ? Paying for subs is no issue, fuck f2p.

*Good eq memory #1893*
Try to zone into skyshrine very shortly after launch. Get message that skyshrine is down. Do a /who all "Fires of Heaven" only to discover that the guild is *in* skyshrine temple. Sweet, try to zone in again and get message that the zone is down... for the next 3+ hours a /who all "Fires of Heaven" showed them in Skyshrine and it continued to be impossible to zone in... I hate/love you guys.

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
I haven't played EQ since the end of the Planes of Power era, and I've been wondering if it would be a good game to play these days with a dedicated group of 3. I have a couple of friends that are anti-social outside of our little group of 3 (occasionally 4) but enjoy the MMO genre. Right now they aren't playing anyything (i'm playing a bit of everything). At the moment, EQ seems like the best bet to get these guys back into something with the merc system they added in EQ. There would be little-to-no interest in major raiding for them. Would we do okay in the "new" EQ? Paying for subs is no issue, fuck f2p.

*Good eq memory #1893*
Try to zone into skyshrine very shortly after launch. Get message that skyshrine is down. Do a /who all "Fires of Heaven" only to discover that the guild is *in* skyshrine temple. Sweet, try to zone in again and get message that the zone is down... for the next 3+ hours a /who all "Fires of Heaven" showed them in Skyshrine and it continued to be impossible to zone in... I hate/love you guys.
I think like everyone else has said - might make sense for you to try to play a bit on test first. The game is a lot easier than it was in the PoP era. Unless you really handicap yourself you'll be blowing past all the old raiding stuff in a few days of leveling. Maybe if that is somewhat appealing and you want to make a real go of it, go on a real server and subscribe. Test is fun but there's no real economy.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
About time SoE, shit should have been this way day 1.

As of mid-next week, we're going to be removing the following free-to-play restrictions in EverQuest and EverQuest II. Free and Silver players will now have access to all of the following options:

We are opening up ALL CLASSES.*
We are opening up ALL RACES. **
All bag slots are unlocked.
All players can now use the shared bank slots.
The quest journal restrictions are lifted entirely. Quest away!
Additionally, EverQuest is allowing all players to send delivery parcels! (This change is for a game-specific change in EQ, so it doesn't happen in EQII.)

We hope that the Free and Silver players among us (and there are a great many of them!) will be very happy about this news. These are good things indeed!

* "All free classes" exception for EQII only: Beastlord is still only accessible via the "Age of Discovery" expansion pack.
** "All free races" exception for EQII only: The Freeblood race is still an SC-only marketplace option.
https://www.everquest2.com/news/arti...32013&id=51587

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
Doesn't sound quite like it - there are still the AA caps, and probably the money cap and no ability to use most augs. Still better to play on test if that's the case - but it does make F2P slightly better than before.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Having a blast with this so far. Up to level 77 on my test server necro, Luthienx. I quit way back at the end of PoP, so all the content I've been going through has been fresh for me. What I've enjoyed most is the people. General chat and players overall on test have been incredibly helpful. I was able to finish my epic 2.0 just by asking in general chat as well as getting help from a level 100 player. Frequently I see people call out in general about some nice item they had drop they can't use so someone should come loot it, things like that. Nice change of pace from general chat in WoW.

One thing I'm mad about though is apparently they took away my necros fear after level 65 or something? What's up with that, fear kiting was the classic necromancer soloing tactic! How can I be a necro with no fear spells
frown.png

kudos

<Banned>
So I'm returning to EQ and plan on bringing some of my FV characters over to Test and probably leveling up a new character (most likely a druid). Anyone wanna group up? PM me here because it's still installing and I don't even have the new character made yet.

I plan to do mostly nostalgic shit like leveling wherever the fuck I want in the old world. I'm not going for speed so if that's your thing sorry. If the fact LOIO may have a -20% xp rate bothers you I probably shouldn't play with you.

On the plus side I will be pretty active so I doubt you'll have to play alone much. At least at night / weekends.

edit: Decided I'm gonna box a nerco / mag / shaman. Anyone is welcome to join me on test!