EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

darkko_sl

shitlord
Thanks!

Edit: Where is the best afk spot in Paw exactly, I think someone said near the elemental highway or something?

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So...multiboxing a Mage and Shaman on test is fun, but is my only option for true full screen mode on dual monitors limited to paying a subscription for WinEQ2?

Also, someone give me plats plz. I blew through the 100k Dalnoth generously provided on mounts, defiant and spells
frown.png
The necro main I retired back on Rathe (Yes, Rathe) had like 20 plat to his name so he isn't very good fodder for server transferring over to test.

frown.png

frown.png

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just buy like 20k on a character and transfer it every 8hrs plus max the free character limit and do them to

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So...multiboxing a Mage and Shaman on test is fun, but is my only option for true full screen mode on dual monitors limited to paying a subscription for WinEQ2?

Also, someone give me plats plz. I blew through the 100k Dalnoth generously provided on mounts, defiant and spells
frown.png
The necro main I retired back on Rathe (Yes, Rathe) had like 20 plat to his name so he isn't very good fodder for server transferring over to test.
You probably have some loyalty points. Buy bags of plat then copy away! or do tables for a day or so then copy. Blowing through 100k is funny, bunch of stuff you probably didn't need at all.

frown.png

frown.png

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
2700 loyalty points, what is my best ,buy/copy to make money, to test investment?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure if tickets, beads etc actually sell on test. Might want to ask in general, but I see people giving those kinds of things away all the time on test(they buy on live and just copy over and over).

Saban_sl

shitlord
As an 85 warrior, will maxing out burst of power and enhanced aggression add much dps? finished all my passive defensive stuff for my level and going to knock out a few hundred AAs on utility stuff and whatever else i need. Wondering if i should bother with those two though.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The downside to buying bags of platinum is you can't buy them with a silver account. I have a good bit of loyalty points on a character that was once a paid account but not anymore. To cash it in I would have to convert to a gold account.

In just a few days I've already seen several gold tickets given away for free on test.

I'm going to have to farm plat or something I guess lol. The character I transferred over was fully geared but broke and it's the only character I have.

Borzak

As an 85 warrior, will maxing out burst of power and enhanced aggression add much dps? finished all my passive defensive stuff for my level and going to knock out a few hundred AAs on utility stuff and whatever else i need. Wondering if i should bother with those two though.
Burst of Power is highly regarded for a DPS upgrade on steel warriors. I think they over estimate it but you should still grab it eventually.

Rush

So, since I can't buy bags of plat on live since I'm not a gold member, should I just buy a couple Gold Tickets and sell them, then copy the plat over?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If the loyalty vendor is for gold only, how are you going to buy gold tickets?

Rush

I was just on live, I can buy Gold Tickets, but I cannot buy Bags of Platinum. After doing some google research, Bags of Plat are gold account only.

Borzak

I guess the old EQ never goes away. I managed to bug out 2 different zones tonight while doing headshot. I managed to aggro all of kaesora library and tosk and then they piled up at the zone in.

roddo_sl

shitlord
So how do you get plat from live to test besides buying plat? I've got 8k on live, but its not doing me much good on test atm, since it copied once and thats it.

roddo_sl

shitlord
roddoe on test, thats me. seems someone else has the name roddo, so it changed mine to roddoe. And thanks in advance for any help.

Borzak

So how do you get plat from live to test besides buying plat? I've got 8k on live, but its not doing me much good on test atm, since it copied once and thats it.
Make a new character on your live server, transfer that character to test every 7 hours or whatever the limit is. Each time you copy that character it overwrites the old one. So copy that character, get the pp off of it to your main on test. Rinse and repeat till you get enough plat.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you want to be able to see both screens all the time then yes, you either need dual monitors or enough screen real estate to spread out the windows however makes you happy. Paid sub to WinEQ2 will allow you to tile as well.

I've been 2-boxing since almost the start of EQ and I find that I only "watch" 1 screen, my active character, which was my necro. My 2nd was a cleric and I just setup a hotkey to swap between the two windows(also doable in free version of WinEQ2 now). Go even further and map that hotkey to your mouse. I could instantly swap to the cleric, still have my hand on the keyboard, cast heals and instantly swap back to my active character. It takes awhile to get the hang of it and I'll admit I have not played in the most recent badass expansions but most of the time people never even knew I was the same person on both accounts. I got pretty good at it over the years. The ONE part that was a little annoying, was that if you didn't join groups the right way people would be in different spots(F1-F6) for each character, again after awhile you sorta subconsciously pick the right person to heal but it can be confusing at first.

I'd say make the mage your background character since all you will be doing is swapping to send pet and/or cast a nuke. Shaman, if you play it like I played my necro, will be pulling, rooting off adds, and doing all sorts of other utility type of stuff.