EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Grimson_sl

shitlord
Borzak, I still have your old Shaman account you gave me a few years ago, he's 80th with a couple hundred AAs but no coin. If you want him back let me know.
I moved to Test with my main from FV too but didnt transfer the shaman yet. I'll copy over a few hundred thousand plat tonight if you still need some by then.
I'll get in touch with you tonight.

Grimsone

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
leveled a up a necro to 35 in a few hours without any gear or plat, soloing all the way. it was actually a lot of fun and made me regret playing a melee back in the day, should have played a caster.

i havent played the game since early luclin, it is laughably easy now. no more corpse recovery, maps for every zone, POK travel to anywhere, CTRL+F to find any vendor or NPC in cities. i think ill play for a while. i dont have a lot of work these days.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You know what I was just thinking about that the other day and completely forgot what I did with it. Yeah I wouldn't mind getting him back. I could really use a slower and could really stack up the AA's grouped with headshot.

Somehow magically my account with a 75 Ranger and 75 Zerker is still there but no characters on it
frown.png

On an unrelated note. I'm 91 now approaching 3500AA. How many AA do I need to start thinking about going towards 95 so I can do something in the newest expansion?

frown.png

Grimson_sl

shitlord
Cool, i'll get in touch tonight. Let me transfer some XP pots I have on FV to the Shaman before i give him back. The XP pots become No-Drop when copied to Test so they will only be usable on the Shaman but they should help with catching him up to your ranger in levels and AAs. Whats your characters name on test again?
My warrior is only 80th/550 aa's is that to low to group with your 91? i'm trying to get at least 800 aa's before leveling again.

Borzak

Cool, i'll get in touch tonight. Let me transfer some XP pots I have on FV to the Shaman before i give him back. The XP pots become No-Drop when copied to Test so they will only be usable on the Shaman but they should help with catching him up to your ranger in levels and AAs. Whats your characters name on test again?
My warrior is only 80th/550 aa's is that to low to group with your 91? i'm trying to get at least 800 aa's before leveling again.
Borzakx is my ranger on test. I'm not sure on the level spread, but if I'm on you can group and we can find out. Been doing headshot. Could probably blow thru 800 AA at lvl 80 grouped with me pretty fast. I did 400 AA myself over the last 2 days. I'll warn you now it's pretty good AA but I still have a tendancy to aggro almost an entire zone because of goofy pathing at times, you can guess how that goes.

I'm on a goofy work schedule now so I'll probably be on late tonight.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I've done almost 400 AAs in the last 3 days just soloing relatively weak mobs in FoS without my merc out. 3 day weekend off work this week so should be able to pound out a ton more.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I've done almost 400 AAs in the last 3 days just soloing relatively weak mobs in FoS without my merc out. 3 day weekend off work this week so should be able to pound out a ton more.
YEah, that AA change they made last year was a needed one to have people catch up in a relative short time.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Yeah i get like 95% of an AA per kill and it takes probably 20-30 seconds to kill something as a warrior. I did 34 or so AAs in one exp pot this morning.

Borzak

Game has changed a crapload lol. Took that 79 Shaman and grouped with my 91 ranger and did some headshotting. Went to lvl 83 on the shaman pretty quickly and got 125AA's at the same time on my ranger and picked up several HoT T1 loots as well as the pieces needed to make the armor.

Now I have to read up on shamans and see what I need to do with AA's, probably grind out a bunch when I hit 85. Only 300 now.

Borzak

Each server can only accomidate a limited number of rangers doing it at any one level bracker however. Several times I run to a zone and a group/duo is there and have to go to a backup plan. I rather just kill stuff but it's definetly the faster way to go. Not as fast as before the changes however. Plane of fire before the changes was the way to go.

Borzak

The ranks you need fo rheadshot on that guide are off by 1 or in some cases 2, I can clear all of Kaesora Library and Korascian Warrens with rank 20 out of 22. The only place on that list I can't clear almost all of it at lvl 91 is the Feerott and that takes rank 22/22 I believe.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
went from lvl 52 to lvl 61 on a necro in an hour, tonight. i probably spent more time looking for and buying my spells in POK afterwards than the actual leveling.

its crazy how much the game has changed. i remember it took months to grind through that in kunark.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea, if you are doing the progression thing you need to keep updated on spells, otherwise I would completely ignore them until about 65.

With mercs you can level so damn fast, even as a caster just buy the 1-2 main spells(major nuke/pet/heal) and let the merc do the work. After 60/65 since the leveling slows a bit you can start buying the spells you need. Especially because right around that point spells start becoming ranked, generally speaking 1 is bought, 2 is group/solo, 3 is raid. Most casting classes have a few important early spells that serve some utility purpose that are worth picking up too.

There really is no need to try and flesh out the spell book at each level though unless you plan to play progression style.

roddo_sl

shitlord
AA's come pretty fast and furious as well. Took my 66 ranger and 65 shaman into the hole, with a tank and healer merc, and busted out around 50 aa's on the shaman and 30ish on the ranger in about 2 hours, was pretty damn sweet.

Rathmort_sl

shitlord
With 3 85s and 3 mercs in HoT CY with the task I was pulling more than 50 AAs per 30 min lesson burn. Went from zero AAs on the boxed chars to 500 in a couple of easy evenings there.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Each server can only accomidate a limited number of rangers doing it at any one level bracker however. Several times I run to a zone and a group/duo is there and have to go to a backup plan. I rather just kill stuff but it's definetly the faster way to go. Not as fast as before the changes however. Plane of fire before the changes was the way to go.
What did they change about headshot? And when?

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
Stayed on test with my Rng/Mage due to having the plat and ability to buy gear as needed compared to a nonexistent bazaar presence while I leveled up. Once the mage was 56 or 57 I was able to get to 71 and 120aa's with casting maybe 3 Lessons Headshotting Minos in DSH. Will probably testcopy over again soon.